Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

How To Build Your Self-confidence - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Build Your Self-confidence (446 Views)

How To Build Self Confidence At Work (beyond Dressing Well) / Top 5 Ways To Help Build Up Your Self Respect At Work / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Self Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Build Your Self-confidence by EminentSon(m): 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hello Successful mind.

This post is for you because you're inclined towards being a success by building up your confidence levels.

Just so you know, there's no one that was born confident.

Every other person has had to learn how to be confident.

So, why should you be left out?

And since it's learnable, that means it's teachable.

So, in a moment, I'll show you how to be rest assured in yourself so as to be confident in yourself.

Let me first give you a quick tip on how to build your confidence..

Whenever you're in a social gathering -Meeting, Seminar, Conference- and you've got the chance to interact with another person, make sure to first reach for their hands and clasp it warmly.

Second, look directly at the other person before and after shaking them and put on a wide smile.

Then say, "I'm very glad to know you".

These 3 actions instantly get rid of your fear because confident actions produce confident thoughts.

So, to think confidently, act like a confident person.

I bring to you some confidence building actions you can take on to further build your Self-Confidence.

•Be a front seater

One thing you must know is that sitting up front builds confidence in you. It shows that you're assured of yourself.

Practice it and watch your self assurance skyrocket.

Remember that there's nothing hidden about success.

•Practice Speaking Up

By telling yourself when yourself when you're in a meeting or gathering where you need to voice your opinion that you'll do it next time(which you know is a lie), you're just taking in one more dose of confidence-killing poison.

But on the brightest side, if you choose to speak up, the more you add to your confidence and the more you add to your confidence, the easier it is to speak up the next time.

Speaking up is a confidence building vitamin. Make it a rule to speak up at every open meeting you attend.

Make no exceptions. Comment, Make a suggestion, Ask a question.

And don't be the last to speak. Try to be the one who will bell the cat; Be the first one with the comment.

Don't worry about sounding foolish because you won't.

Just focus on getting the discussion leader's attention so you can speak.

•Smile Big

You'll agree with me that a smile is an excellent medicine for confidence deficiency, but many people don't actually believe it because they've never tried smiling when they feel fear.

A big, real smile gives you confidence, beats fear and rolls away worry.

A real smile also melts away the opposition of others. Another person can't be angry with you if you give him a big sincere smile.
Even the devil will concur.

Make sure to smile big until your teeth shows. Harness the confidence-boosting power of smiling.

•Make Eye Contact

Research has shown that how a person uses his eyes tells alot about him.

Think of An individual who doesn't look you in the eye when you're talking or moving together, you'll be like "What's he trying to hide? What's he afraid of? Is he holding something back from me?"

Now, do you want these thoughts to be I'm the mind of those you're talking to or having a major discussion with?

You say nothing good about yourself when you avoid making eye contact.

Build this attitude of a successful person by making yourself look the other person in the eyes.

Doing this will tell them, "I'm honest and aboveboard. I believe in what I'm telling you. I'm not afraid, I'm confident."

Use your eyes to work for you.

Aim them right at the other person's eyes. It not only gives you confidence, it wins you confidence too.

I really hope you've learned something that will help build your confidence by a great margin.

Take 1,2 or 4 of these tips and apply them to your daily life. You'll experience a change in spirit, mind and body.

Till another time.

Stay Safe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Self-confidence by EminentSon(m): 3:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
Successful mind.

I hope you're practicing these various confidence boosting tips and applying them for greater results.

Kindly let me know if any of these tips have impacted you positively.

Don't just read it. Practice it.

See you later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Build Your Self-confidence by Xcellente10(m): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2020
wow! This is good. Thank you very much for this piece of information
Re: How To Build Your Self-confidence by EminentSon(m): 7:57am On Jun 28, 2020
Xcellente10:
wow! This is good. Thank you very much for this piece of information

You're welcome sir.
Re: How To Build Your Self-confidence by EminentSon(m): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2020
Good Morning

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Doctor And Features Of Admission To A Medical School / . / Nigerian Police: Shortlisted Candidates For 2022 Recruitment By Political Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.