Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,160 members, 7,949,989 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:56 AM

Opinion Of Engineers, Plumbers, Builders And Odas - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Opinion Of Engineers, Plumbers, Builders And Odas (310 Views)

All Engineers, Builders And Architects Pls Read / Massive Opportunity For Architects, Builders And Civil Engineers / Architects, Civil Engineers, Builders And Nairalanders. Urgently Come In Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion Of Engineers, Plumbers, Builders And Odas by Canada2021: 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,

I really need your honest advice and opinion on the issue at hand.

I moved into a self contain apartment (ground floor) in Alagomeji, yaba early this year. I have been enjoying the place until late march when i noticed that water has been gathering in my room.

I contacted the owner of the house who then called a plumber to check it. The plumber was like the sink in the toilet was d problem. He fixed it but after some days the water started coming out again.

Another plumber was called, he said from what he can see he believes it is as a result of the swampy nature of the area( i stay close to Panti).

I really need suggestions and if possible solutions solve d issue.

The water is not much though but i dont want water in d room at all
Re: Opinion Of Engineers, Plumbers, Builders And Odas by phorget(m): 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2020
Poor construction of course.
But how exactly is this water? Is it coming out from the underground? If yes then the building is constructed below the natural ground level solution to this: tile your apartment and tell the tiller to fill up the sand to be tiled upon by 100mm thickness.

Is the water coming out from your apartment walls? If yes then get a bricklayer to dig around the exterior wall then do some casting to serve as a protective enforcement against water hitting directly on your apartment walls.

Is the water coming from the apartment pipping? If yes then I guess you must have a conduit pipping in your apartment. Solution : the plumber should break through those walls so as to discover the faulty pipe then fix it.
Re: Opinion Of Engineers, Plumbers, Builders And Odas by Canada2021: 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
phorget:
Poor construction of course.
But how exactly is this water? Is it coming out from the underground? If yes then the building is constructed below the natural ground level solution to this: tile your apartment and tell the tiller to fill up the sand to be tiled upon by 100mm thickness.

Is the water coming out from your apartment walls? If yes then get a bricklayer to dig around the exterior wall then do some casting to serve as a protective enforcement against water hitting directly on your apartment walls.

Is the water coming from the apartment pipping? If yes then I guess you must have a conduit pipping in your apartment. Solution : the plumber should break through those walls so as to discover the faulty pipe then fix it.
Thank you bro. It is coming out from under the ground and the ground is tilled.
Re: Opinion Of Engineers, Plumbers, Builders And Odas by Person2person(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
that your area is a swampy area, what you are experiencing is as a result of poor foundation work, lack of Damp prove membrane and poor concrete slab.the best foundation in that axis is either raft or pile. you will be experiencing it during the rainy season when there will be inscreese in the level of underground water.

what is the solution?

there is no permanent solution for such you will continue to manage it by breaking up the tiles introduce a nylon layer, concrete with right mix and fix the tile back .

(1) (Reply)

Banana Island Luxury Waterfront Apartment / A Nice 3-bedroom Bungalow For Sale In Osogbo, Osun State / Landed Properties Available For Sale In Ibadan,oyo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.