Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,838 members, 7,872,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State (769 Views)

I Started Being Governor In February 2024 - Fubara / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Never Collected Salary, Never Built A House As A Governor' / Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Innocentdave: 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2020
Please can someone become a governor or participate in politics in his mother state. I have the intention of changing my state of origin from one particular state in the northern central party of Nigeria to ibadan which happens to be the state of my mother.

Please before I proceed I want you people advice/opinions before changing it due to one or to reason. I once heard that a particular religion can't become a governor in that state and it dominated by northerners not Yoruba.
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by helinues: 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
I once heard that a particular religion can't become a governor in that state and it dominated by northerners not Yoruba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Sammy07: 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
Yes.

The case of Former Osun state governor

Aregbesola mother is from Ilesha.

The media will tell you he's from Osun state, but he's not.
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by ajbf: 8:23pm On Jun 25, 2020
You want to finish yourself finally.
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
Tinubu is not even from Lagos state. He's from osun
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Sammy07: 8:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
I'm sure the OP is from kwara or kogi?
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by illicit(m): 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ibadan is not a state
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
First, Ibadan is not a state. You can if you can speak Yoruba because you need to speak it when campaigning.
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by SpecialPackage: 8:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
Innocentdave:
Please can someone become a governor or participate in politics in his mother state.

Yes, as long as you are not Igbo! grin
No matter how long or how well or how many Igbo girls you have married or pregnanted grin (impregnated).
If your mother is from Anambra and your father is from Enugu ... no way
If your mother is frm Enugu and your father is from Katsina ... never way

1 Like

Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by yanabasee1(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2020
Sammy07:
Yes.

This is very possible in the West....

But the rest of the region will never allow this.....

1 Like

Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by JagabanEko: 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2020
Mrvitalis my frnd....
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Innocentdave: 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2020
Sammy07:
Yes.
Just like babaginda from ogbomosho and claiming niger
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Innocentdave: 10:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
OneDollarSalary:
First, Ibadan is not a state.
You can if you can speak Yoruba because you need to speak it when campaigning.

I can speak it fluently like what I wrote earlier am from north central but my own side is Yoruba land
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Innocentdave: 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
ajbf:
You want to finish yourself finally.
in what way sir
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Sammy07: 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
Innocentdave:

Just like babaginda from ogbomosho and claiming niger
Babangida father is from Niger. he ain't Ogbomosho.
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Sammy07: 10:09pm On Jun 25, 2020
Innocentdave:

I can speak it fluently like what I wrote earlier am from north central but my own side is Yoruba land

you should know, you must relate with your mother side well, build house there, attend political party, they must know you etc.
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by Oluwajuwon1140: 10:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
Yes it's possible because former Governor of Ondo state Olusegun mimiko his father was not from the state but her mother was from Ondo west local government and the former Governor was born in ondo west as well ..
Re: Please Can Someone Become A Governor In His Mother State by AgbariOjukwu1: 11:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
It was alleged that former governor of Ogun State Otunba Gbenga Daniel's father was from Isoko, Delta State. He came to Ogun state as a missionary and married OGD's mom who is from omu-ijebu and settled in Sagamu.

(1) (Reply)

I Never Said I Gave Vp Osibanjo N4bn, I Don't Have Such Money - Magu / Beware Of Marxism And Marxists / #endsars: FG Is Not Panicking Over UK Lawmakers’ Demand For Sanctions - Lai Moha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.