Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi (52088 Views)

Dino Melaye: I Dumped Saraki For Atiku Because Atiku Is A Great Man / Tinubu Imposing A Candidate On Oyo People Is Better Than An Igbo Man ~ Ajimobi / Congress Fallout: APC Shocks Tinubu, Ajimobi, Kwankwaso, Dogara, Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by techmo(m): 5:28am On Jun 26, 2020
Forgness:
The only issue I have with Ajimobi is that he was the governor of Oyo for 8 years and could not upgrade UCH or upgrade any hospital there. UCH used to be the hospital rich arabs patronized in the 70s. Is anyone really saying anything good about him other than RIP? This man was a CEO of a multinational oil company. Goodluck to him and his family. I am just sad about Nigeria and these leaders.

UCH is a federal institution
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by techmo(m): 5:29am On Jun 26, 2020
joefelin2345:
Which legacy? Mention them n stop that rubbish.

Mokola bridge, ajumose busses, operation burst
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by TAYO124: 6:18am On Jun 26, 2020
What I knew about Ajimobi
1. He personally awarded his daughter has the best Corper in Oyo state at Liberty stadium in Ibadan(in 2013/2013).
2. He did not pay the gratuity of many pensioners while governor.
3. He governed for 8years without any tangible project within Oyo state.
4. He was disallowed from campaigning within Oyo state for APC candidates because the common man hated him.
5. He owed workers several months of salary and years of pension.
6. He governed like an emperor which earned him the name 'Constituted authority'.
7. When a daughter of his married while in power, he expended a lot of money to fly Politicians and family to Lebanon to party.
8. Lautech students hate this man who made them sit in one class for years while he built Technical University in Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by Crownmixbj: 6:52am On Jun 26, 2020
cucumbae:
Tinubu want to become a double pensioner as both an ex governor and ex president.

Pension! Can Ajimobi remember that. Fools gather wealth for another people to use

1 Like

Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by Follygunners: 7:21am On Jun 26, 2020
CHOPbeating:
Lobapari!!!

Nothing dey life to take too hard..
It becomes a do-or-die affair for them because of the path they have signed with the underworld..
Despite been on live support, he was still accepting public office offer??

Why should the masses keep voting for hardship and death?
Una no dey get sense

Bros... I swear, common sense na like Rocket Science to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by ayenale1(m): 7:26am On Jun 26, 2020
Heavensent01:
Ajimobi is 70yrs but Tinubu is 68yrs, truly Ajimobi was honest with his age and real with his affectionate but can the same be said about Tinubu on the last breath?

let's do the little we can do with our conscience and sincere heart

Abiola Sun re o gbogbo Yoruba se idaro re

Tinubu next birthday will be 68 again o jus keep watching

1 Like

Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by wizod(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2020
Nnamdi Kanu is live on air now. Listen to the most intelligent man of our time. Ask whatever question you have and he will give you a befitting answer.
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by gowonmaharajah(m): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2020
traihit:

He's still the best if you put him side by side with all his predecessors. Oyo has not been blessed with good governors but despite Ajimobi's rudeness and ruthlessness, his legacies are still written all over Oyo State boldly.
GBAM.nothing but the truth.
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by traihit: 8:18am On Jun 26, 2020
joefelin2345:
Which legacy? Mention them n stop that rubbish.

He built the Technical University even though it's structure for now doesn't favour the masses. He was the first to bring metro buses to Oyo State. He dualized all roads leading to major town and cities in Oyo State (the only dual roads in Oyo were constructed by him), the Mokola flyover was built by him. He saw to the designing of a state brand (logo and anthem). He built some ultramodern secondary schools, handed schools over to governing boards which the current administration is improving on. He initiated the Operation Burst that saw to the end of security challenges in Oyo State especially by the NURTW. He started the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Programme in conjunction with World Bank. He started the Ibadan circular road. He initiated the idea of CCTV in major areas which the present administration has upgraded. These are the few that comes to mind. I know how much Ibadan changed between 2011 when he took over and 2019. I don't do apologist for any politician but if Nigeria were to work efficiently, people like Ajimobi (in terms of vision) and more will be needed. Like I said earlier, he lacked respect to a great deal and was not diplomatic at all.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by gowonmaharajah(m): 8:21am On Jun 26, 2020
TAYO124:
1. He personally awarded his daughter has the best Corper in Oyo state at Liberty stadium in Ibadan(in 2013/2013).
4. He was disallowed from campaigning within Oyo state for APC candidates because the common man hated him.
6. He governed like an emperor which earned him the name 'Constituted authority'.
7. When a daughter of his married while in power, he expended a lot of money to fly Politicians and family to Lebanon to party.
8. Lautech students hate this man who made them sit in one class for years while he built Technical University in Ibadan.
stop lying now.how could you plainly lie against dead person?
na spiritual slap u dey want so
a huge chunk of what you wrote there are lies.
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by Skyehigher1: 8:23am On Jun 26, 2020
Rest in peace ajimobi you are great rest on
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by stacyadams: 8:36am On Jun 26, 2020
traihit:

He built the Technical University even though it's structure for now doesn't favour the masses. He was the first to bring metro buses to Oyo State. He dualized all roads leading to major town and cities in Oyo State (the only dual roads in Oyo were constructed by him), the Mokola flyover was built by him. He saw to the designing of a state brand (logo and anthem). He built some ultramodern secondary schools, handed schools over to governing boards which the current administration is improving on. He initiated the Operation Burst that saw to the end of security challenges in Oyo State especially by the NURTW. He started the Ibadan Urban Flood Management Programme in conjunction with World Bank. He started the Ibadan circular road. He initiated the idea of CCTV in major areas which the present administration has upgraded. These are the few that comes to mind. I know how much Ibadan changed between 2011 when he took over and 2019. I don't do apologist for any politician but if Nigeria were to work efficiently, people like Ajimobi (in terms of vision) and more will be needed. Like I said earlier, he lacked respect to a great deal and was not diplomatic at all.

I was thinking you will say

grin grin
He built world class hospitals.
He stopped SARS from bullying it's students and citizens.
That oyo has 24/7 uninterrupted power..
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by Petdagr8t(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2020
Passionate888:
You achieved na, though he wasn't the first dead man that was giving a position in apc, he was the first dead man to lead a faction of a ruling political party for a while.

Chai!! Nigeria a country that always make history for weird reasons.
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by EmekaA125(m): 9:15am On Jun 26, 2020
Rest on. Tinubu should go and sit down
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by Kaylet: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2020
TAYO124:

I've been to other countries outside Nigeria, Africa. And one thing I will tell you like I wrote before is still SECURITY.

He really reduced the insecurity to the barest minimum. During my MSC days in UI 2014 or so, ASUU went on strike, so I'd to secure a job around Moslem. I was living at Agbowo area.

Meaning I'd to leave home very early, do you know one thing some of the residents of Moslem area told me that I'm very fortunate that if it was before Ajimobi's administration. That before the bridge around that area, you must see a corpse every morning, meaning they kill at least one person daily. The banditry around that area down to challenge side was something else.

Some times when I invite some of my friends to Nigeria, do you know what they say, No. Not because of any other thing, but because of the insecurity that doesn't mean few have not come.

In their countries, security is their priority.

You talked about paying of salaries, even in a foreign land that got constituted authority, they refused to me my five months salary before changing job.

So to me, he did well and wanted the best for the state . The Oduduwa 's Nation will miss.

Oh yes, he was rude, ruthless, got his own ills and weakness too which made him human.
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by ALICEGICAL(m): 9:44am On Jun 26, 2020
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT LIVING THINGS CAN NOT SURPASS THERE DISSIGNATED TIME.
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by ALICEGICAL(m): 9:49am On Jun 26, 2020
EITHER RICH OR POOR, WE ALL END UP TO (R . I . P). THINK TO IT WHEN YOU ARE LESS BUSY.
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by traihit: 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
stacyadams:

I was thinking you will say

grin grin
He built world class hospitals.
He stopped SARS from bullying it's students and citizens.
That oyo has 24/7 uninterrupted power..

Gini? Don't go there at all. For now we don't have politicians of that crop. The politicians we have now are the ones who can give us crumbs of governance and the ones who cannot. Ajimobi gave some crumbs of governance but those things you mentioned there, will be when we have a well-improved generation of politicians.
Re: Tinubu : Tribute to A Great Man: Ajimobi by kalu61(m): 4:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Always looked healthy.
May his soul rest in peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ACP Egbe Eko Edum Killed In Calabar / APC Using Atiku's Image For Campaign In The North (Picture) / APC Wins 64 Seats In The Senate, Now Has Majority Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.