Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

Dailydose - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dailydose (109 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dailydose by evolution4434: 5:31am On Jun 26, 2020
*Common Act that Angers God*

#DailyDose

There is an attitude common with humans that angers God more than anything else. God is always true to His words and promises, but He can postpone the word and promise He had made with a man if a man engages in this common act. The act we’re talking about isn’t new to us, it’s ‘unbelief.’ Many of us might take unbelief as the state of the heart of people who doesn’t believe in the reality of Jesus. But unbelief is also eating deep into Christianity today, and also denying Christians the victorious power and victory we are supposed to enjoy. unbelief is lack of faith and trust in the love of God unto us. many people believe in Jesus, but they’re never convinced that Jesus loves them. And some others believe that the totality of His love had been spent on the cross, and there is nothing more to enjoy.

*Therefore, when the Lord heard, He was full of wrath; a fire was kindled against Jacob, and His anger mounted up against Israel, because they did not believe in God, and they did not trust in His salvation. Psalms 78:21-22*

Background to the scripture above; God has shown mighty works, goodness, kindness and love to the Israelites, but they never learn the lesson that God intended for them to learn through His benevolence towards them. God did all He did for them not to boast to Israel that He is powerful, but so that Israel can know that He loves them, that He is more powerful than anyone and anything, and He will use that great power to always protect them and show His love towards them. But Israel refused to learn the lesson, they thought God was just showcasing His mighty powers. And at the slightest of any challenge, they murmur against God. They lacked insight that the God who provided water in the wilderness and manna in the desert is showing them love, and will extend the love to every other areas of their lives as the needs demand. But when a need for meat arose, they thought God didn’t care, and so God was annoyed.

It really irks God when His children lack faith in His love unto them. He did all He hath done and all He’s doing for us to show us that He loves us and will do anything and everything for us. Many people trust more in their job, spouse, properties etc. than they trust God, and they believe that if they lost them that that’s the end for them, and as a result they compromise on every standard of faith, holiness and righteousness. I believe the lack of faith and trust in the love of God is the main reason the power and wonders are lacking in many congregations and lives. God is love, and He quite understand what love is. He won’t watch with pleasure when His beloved is sick, He won’t watch with Joy when His beloved is lacking in any good thing, He won’t smile when His beloved is in sorrow. But He can’t help it, when the beloved has no faith and trust in His love to heal, supply, bless, and give joy. We actually sadden God by not believing in His love, because our unbelief will keep Him off showing us love, and He being off means losing for us, and watching His children lose angers Him and brings Him pain.

*Every weakness can be overcome. See this new video*, "Overcoming Your Weakness"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_nuXoWc_1U

*To accept Christ, Pray*: Lord Jesus, I want to know you personally. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I open the door of my life and receive you as my Savior and Lord. Thank you for forgiving me of my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of my life. Make me the kind of person you want me to be. Amen.

If you've prayed the above prayer, email me at mindofchrist00@gmail.com i would love to pray with you and send you some helpful materials.

Follow us on Instagram @mindofchrist_ https://www.instagram.com/mindofchrist_/ to enjoin all our materials

*Spread the Gospel*

(1) (Reply)

Daily Cry / Daily Cry / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:thursday , July 2, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.