Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,175 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:27 AM

Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert (25822 Views)

Purchase Tokunbo Toyota Engine And Gearbox / Valvoline Engine Oil - 5W30, 5W40, 10W40 / Mazda CX -7 For Sale Toyota Engine And Gear Present In The Car 08140857737 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Patrioticman007(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
haaaaaaaaa:
FTC

Igbo Amaka

Na dem.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
pannyman:
How did SON conclude that it is substandard? They haven't even tested the oil yet. There are many other brands of oil out there that are good but do not have the SON certification. Such brands already have the certification of the relevant American agencies whose standards supersede even those our SON. Could this be a case of personally clash between an importer and somebody at SON? I won't be surprised if this is the case.

It's not uncommon for this Toyota brand to be faked. Also, some UAE branded oils I have spotted in obscure shops don't carry the SON logo. My dear, don't believe the package, it could have been printed in Nyanya....
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by omonla555: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
ShenTeh:
Ah!

I pray that SON is being honest here and it is not like trying to blackmail someone's business because the person 'no gree settle'.

If there is any serious SON in Nigeria, imported VERY used items -including cars o - will not be having better qualities than the so called new ones cleared by SON.

You are a mad animal without conscience. SON should not be blamed for your misfortune. Unfortunate human animal.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by DModeCntStopMe: 4:41pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nothing here...

They only refused to grease the palm of the SON officials
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by DModeCntStopMe: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2020
omonla555:

[s]You are a mad animal without conscience. SON should not be blamed for your misfortune. Unfortunate human animal.[/s]

I will only pardon you only if you are new in this country but if otherwise, you are just an object without sense.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by ShenTeh(m): 4:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
omonla555:

You are a mad animal without conscience. SON should not be blamed for your misfortune. Unfortunate human animal.

This hurts. But it's ok.

"Do not wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will get happy" B. R. Fashola
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by 2shure: 5:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
Once u see check engine light on for your corrolla with camry.e don be
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by sekeyso(m): 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
To even think I used this same oil last week �
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Bakin3(m): 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
Let's build a standard Bio digester for you (Modern Sockaway). Very cheap and quick to install. Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by NairaMaster1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
Lol

They no settle SON.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Lolosticlolo(m): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
Sebastine1994:
this thing is not new, not just Toyota

when. I was serving boy at nnewi, my oga sell engine oil in whole sale, so we handle more cash than most bank in Nigeria in a day

we know how to work this thing, it doesn't mean, what you don't see won't kill you
God go enlarge your horizons.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by sooperrescue(m): 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
SON, please tell us the best oil for Toyota Camry and Range Rover supercharged among all the engine oil that you have certified. Can I use NNPC engine oil for a 2010 Toyota Camry? All those engine oils with mancap logo, which one is suitable for 2003 Toyota Corolla?
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by babalonimi: 7:50pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nemere2020:
1. The @SONNigeria has raised a red alert on the discovery of suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil in the Nigerian markets.

2. Director General, Osita Aboloma Esq. disclosed that the suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil was discovered through the SON regular market surveillance activity in its 42 State offices across the country.

3. The imported product has neither undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process nor was it registered with the organisation for traceability and quality verification.

4. SON stated that the Toyota brand of engine oil is being sold in One (1) litre and Four (4) litre containers to unsuspecting Nigerian Consumers.

5. The psuspected substandard product has no close or remote relationship with the Toyota brands of automobile or the manufacturers.

6. SON advised the Nigerian public to avoid patronage of the Toyota brand of engine oil in the meantime, stressing that SON operatives are on the trail of other uncertified and unregistered brands of engine oil in the Nigerian markets for necessary regulatory action.

7. SON advised the general public to patronize only certified made-in-Nigeria brands of engine oil with the MANCAP logo and imported brands that have undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process andNare duly registered for traceability and quality verification

8. The SON assured the Nigerian public that all purveyors of substandard and life threatening products would be prosecuted in line with the provisions of the SON Act 14 of 2015 and the criminal code once apprehended.

9. SON frowned at the importation of poor quality products into Nigeria to engage in unfair competition with high quality, certified, made-in- Nigeria brands.

https://twitter.com/SONNigeria/status/1276495866002583554?s=19

Good info
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Ibman: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2020
the marketers should go settle them...so that matter go clear
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by anthonyuncle(m): 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nemere2020:

2. Director General, Osita Aboloma Esq. disclosed that the suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil was discovered through the SON regular market surveillance activity in its [b]42 State offices across the country[b]

but we have only 36 States in dz country
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by Iammacnat(m): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
I actually bought the substandard Toyota Engine oil and i discovered it was fake and did t use it for my car, i have been using toyota engine oil for over 2years now.the genuine oil has a toyota branded paper seal when you break or open the cover cap and the oil isnt full to the brim.while the substandard is a foil paper seal and almost full to the brim with the oil.
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by ceedwest(m): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
I was using dis Toyota oil (20w50) for my vehicles pre covid 19 era buh of recent I noticed d drop in quality of this brand and i jst guessed right dt Emeka and Chizoba has started importation of d product.
I had to abandon it for our made in nigeria NNPC NITRO GOLD
The best motor oil at d moment
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by One4me: 1:04am On Jun 27, 2020
I pray that your Nnewi Oga dies a miserable death!
he will not enjoy the financial returns of his wicked work!
May God punish defrauders like him

Sebastine1994:
this thing is not new, not just Toyota

when. I was serving boy at nnewi, my oga sell engine oil in whole sale, so we handle more cash than most bank in Nigeria in a day

we know how to work this thing
, it doesn't mean, what you don't see won't kill you
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by jechona(m): 10:58am On Jun 27, 2020
Nemere2020:
1. The @SONNigeria has raised a red alert on the discovery of suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil in the Nigerian markets.

2. Director General, Osita Aboloma Esq. disclosed that the suspected substandard Toyota brand of engine oil was discovered through the SON regular market surveillance activity in its 42 State offices across the country.

3. The imported product has neither undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process nor was it registered with the organisation for traceability and quality verification.

4. SON stated that the Toyota brand of engine oil is being sold in One (1) litre and Four (4) litre containers to unsuspecting Nigerian Consumers.

5. The psuspected substandard product has no close or remote relationship with the Toyota brands of automobile or the manufacturers.

6. SON advised the Nigerian public to avoid patronage of the Toyota brand of engine oil in the meantime, stressing that SON operatives are on the trail of other uncertified and unregistered brands of engine oil in the Nigerian markets for necessary regulatory action.

7. SON advised the general public to patronize only certified made-in-Nigeria brands of engine oil with the MANCAP logo and imported brands that have undergone the SON offshore conformity assessment process andNare duly registered for traceability and quality verification

8. The SON assured the Nigerian public that all purveyors of substandard and life threatening products would be prosecuted in line with the provisions of the SON Act 14 of 2015 and the criminal code once apprehended.

9. SON frowned at the importation of poor quality products into Nigeria to engage in unfair competition with high quality, certified, made-in- Nigeria brands.

Where were SON and Custom operatives when the oil was imported to the country?
Re: Substandard Toyota Engine Oil: SON Raises Red Alert by tsspsolutions: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
Motul, made in France is one of the best engine oil in the world. Kindly check my signature for further details.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Problems With Brainbox ! / My Toyota Corolla 2006 Was Snatched At Gunpoint In Abuja / LATEST AUTO SECURITY @ 38k. Now: 29,990 promo starting from 20th sept for 1mth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.