Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic (11032 Views)

The Fourth Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria / Nigerian Fulani Militants Named As Fourth Deadliest Terror Group In World / 'Jonathan Refused To Approve Fourth Mainland Bridge' – Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 30, 2011
kcjazz:

Relocate to Gabon? How do people come up with ideas like this in this century? smh

Great ideas come from visionary leaders which I am.
The type Nigeria will hate to have as leaders and remain underdeveloped forever.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:02am On Jan 31, 2011
Obiagu1:

The type Nigeria will hate to have as leaders and remain underdevoloped for ever.

brother, did odili not constest for the presidential seat undecided

can an igbo man not constest for presidency because i know no one is stopping them undecided smiley
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ekubear1: 12:05am On Jan 31, 2011
@Obiagu1: I read up on Gabon after you mentioned it. Pretty interesting country. Seems to be a puppet of France though. So not clear to me that it would be so easy to gain dominion over it, even ignoring internal opposition.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 12:07am On Jan 31, 2011
@Obiagu1

Bros, let's hear your plans for Gabon. Who knows, I could be sold to it.

BTW I just looked at the google map of Nigeria and I can see that Igboland is the most developed part of Nigeria at least in terms of roads. No other region beats us, unless google satellites are lying.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by kcjazz(m): 12:07am On Jan 31, 2011
Obiagu1:

The type Nigeria will hate to have as leaders and remain underdeveloped forever.
In this times, eve Raph Uwazurike is changing strategy by encouraging folks to register for 2011 elections

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/jan/29/national-29-01-2011-0019.htm

What is visionary about relocating your people to a French speaking country?
Chei! the anonymity that the internet provides gives room for too much comedy
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:08am On Jan 31, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Obiagu1

BTW I just looked at the google map of Nigeria and I can see that Igboland is the most developed part of Nigeria at least in terms of roads. No other region beats us, unless google satellites are lying.

you are right
"!!!!!!!
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:09am On Jan 31, 2011
kcjazz:

In this times, eve Raph Uwazurike is changing strategy by encouraging folks to register for 2011 elections

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/jan/29/national-29-01-2011-0019.htm

bros, are you sure Obiagu1 is not going mad in his room out of frustration shocked undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 12:15am On Jan 31, 2011
alj harem:

brother, did odili not constest for the presidential seat undecided

can an igbo man not constest for presidency because i know no one is stopping them undecided smiley

We don't need it anymore. We are being dragged backward in Nigeria. We need a space to show our talents.

eku_bear:

@Obiagu1: I read up on Gabon after you mentioned it. Pretty interesting country. Seems to be a puppet of France though. So not clear to me that it would be so easy to gain dominion over it, even ignoring internal opposition.

We'll not be seeking dominion over them, rather we'll work along side them to build a great country. They can't turn overly tribalistic to a people that are more than them in number else they'll lose and Igbos are known to be non-tribalist and more nationalistic.

We'll relocate every industry we have in Nigeria and only come to Nigeria to sell our products.

South Korea was not more than 15 yrs older than Nigeria and now they seem 2,000 yrs older.

It's only im.beciles that don't feel the pain in Nigeria and the Western world often ridicule us as the happiest nation in the world.
Tell me any sane man that will be happy that he is suffering? It's only imbeciles which I feel Nigerians are.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ekubear1: 12:17am On Jan 31, 2011
kcjazz:

The language is not the issue, imo. Googling around a bit, there are lots of sectors (farming, trade) which could be entered, which the locals don't have much interest in.

The problem is, when you move lots of your own coethnics into a country, the natives get restless and unhappy. And even if you managed to do this w/o pissing them off, the existing leadership has a powerful ally (France).

Language imo is pretty much irrelevant, French is not a big deal to learn.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:20am On Jan 31, 2011
Obiagu1:

We don't need it anymore. We are being dragged backward in Nigeria. We need a space to show our talents.

We'll not be seeking dominion over them, rather we'll work along side them to build a great country. They can't turn overly tribalistic to a people that are more than them in number else they'll lose and Igbos are known to be non-tribalist and more nationalistic.

We'll relocate every industry we have in Nigeria and only come to Nigeria to sell our products.

South Korea was not more than 15 yrs older than Nigeria and now they seem 2,000 yrs older.

It's only im.beciles that don't feel the pain in Nigeria and the Western world often ridicule us as the happiest nation in the world.
Tell me any sane man that will be happy that he is suffering? It's only imbeciles which I feel Nigerians are.

okayooo brother, i agree with your move

now how do you intend to move us igbos to gabon, are you going to make flayers or use the media to move us,.,, ,. how are you going to do it undecided
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:23am On Jan 31, 2011

lol

reread that statement and see if it makes even the slightest bit of sense

Also, the thing you haven't thought about is that groups that have more ability and are more competent, like Yorubas, will actually discriminate less than groups that are less able to compete (Gabonese, Cameroonian, etc.)
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 12:23am On Jan 31, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Obiagu1

There's nothing spectacular about it. It just massive migration to a new country, settle there, work with the locals and away from this craze called Nigeria where tribalism will never end, NEVER!

We'll relocate to areas mostly uninhabited or scantly inhabited and settle, by so doing we'll stay as much far apart from the locals. When our economy on our part of the country starts growing, the locals will start moving to our areas to seek for jobs and get integrated into our culture without any discrimination.

It'll take 40 - 50 yrs to start seeing the result but the future is what matters. We've escaped this madness called Nigeria and we are in a new country where will can aspire to be anything and in an area larger than Biafra.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ekubear1: 12:25am On Jan 31, 2011
Obiagu1:

How do you propose becoming more in # than them? Will they not notice large numbers of immigrants and react poorly? They are not fools. You should read up on the Igbo experience in Cameroon and how they responded.

I feel you on both of the latter points, man  undecided

I think the best bet is to peacefully partition Nigeria. Let everyone go their own separate way. More realistic than trying to take over Gabon, imo.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 12:26am On Jan 31, 2011
eku_bear:

The language is not the issue, imo. Googling around a bit, there are lots of sectors (farming, trade) which could be entered, which the locals don't have much interest in.

The problem is, when you move lots of your own coethnics into a country, the natives get restless and unhappy. And even if you managed to do this w/o pissing them off, the existing leadership has a powerful ally (France).

Language imo is pretty much irrelevant, French is not a big deal to learn.

The tribes/ethnic groups in Gabon are already mixed unlike Nigeria where groups have well defined terrotories. So tribalism is not obvious in Gabon and ethnic boundaries are not well defined.

So Gabonese are used to other groups.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:27am On Jan 31, 2011
[size=16pt] grin grin grin grin  obiagu1 is going craze  grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 12:32am On Jan 31, 2011
eku_bear:

How do you propose becoming more in # than them? Will they not notice large numbers of immigrants and react poorly? They are not fools. You should read up on the Igbo experience in Cameroon and how they responded.
I feel you on both of the latter points, man  undecided

Nothing is ever smooth. There will be some restlessness but there won't be outright murder we see in the North.
Igbos have leaved with different peoples, from senegal to Cameroon and we mind our business. The Gabon case will be different as we'll seek to settle permanently and mostly in uninhabited or scantly inhabited areas. They are only 1.5 million and 10% of them are already Igbos and other Easterners.

eku_bear:

I think the best bet is to peacefully partition Nigeria. Let everyone go their own separate way. More realistic than trying to take over Gabon, imo.

How are you going to do it? Fight another war?
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:32am On Jan 31, 2011
Obiagu1:

There's nothing spectacular about it. It just massive migration to a new country, settle there, work with the locals and away from this craze called Nigeria where tribalism will never end, NEVER!

We'll relocate to areas mostly uninhabited or scantly inhabited and settle, by so doing we'll stay as much far apart from the locals. When our economy on our part of the country starts growing, the locals will start moving to our areas to seek for job and get integrated into our culture without any discrimination.

It's take 40 - 50 yrs to start seeing the result but the future is what matters. We've escaped this madness called Nigeria and we are in a new country where will can aspire to be anything and in an area larger than Biafra.

Kind of a repeat of Igbos in west Cameroun, huh? Bad idea. We know how that turned out.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ekubear1: 12:33am On Jan 31, 2011
It isn't tribalism you'd be dealing with, it would be xenophobia. These are two separate issues. No country on earth where you can rapidly change the demographics without facing opposition.

Anyway, do as you wish, your plan not mine. My plan is to build up my homeland, not run away from it.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 12:35am On Jan 31, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Kind of a repeat of Igbos in west Cameroun, huh? Bad idea. We know how that turned out.

Cameroon case was different, they were part of Nigeria and Eastern region and were fighting for their emancipation.

eku_bear:

It isn't tribalism you'd be dealing with, it would be xenophobia. These are two separate issues. No country on earth where you can rapidly change the demographics without facing opposition.

Anyway, do as you wish, your plan not mine. My plan is to build up my homeland, not run away from it.

Do you how many Igbos that are in Senegal or Ivory coast? Do you thing everyone is like South Africa?
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:39am On Jan 31, 2011
Obiagu1:

Do you how many Igbos that are in Senegal or Ivory coast? Do you thing everyone is like South Africa?

so because they are not like that, it means we igbos should now push them to be like that undecided
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 12:39am On Jan 31, 2011
@Obiagu1

What about the land of our ancestors?

Nna akuru m ntu na naija! cool ( I nail for ground for naija!).

However, I love the idea of having another African country with large Igbo population; a country where we can show our ingenuity as a people (Equatorial Guinea is already challenging Nigeria's leadership in African female football because of some Igbo babes in their team). I want a country that will actually become really powerful because of our contribution to its greatness, and a ready powerful ally in case of a fight in Nigeria. That is only as far as I can go.

The question then is, how do you achieve that without encountering a similar or worse situation?
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Obiagu1(m): 12:43am On Jan 31, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Obiagu1

Nna akuru m ntu na naija! ( I nail for ground for naija!).

However, I love the idea of having another African country with large Igbo population; a country where we can show our ingenuity as a people (Equatorial Guinea is already challenging Nigeria's leadership in African female football because of some Igbo babes in their team). I want a country that will actually became really powerful because of our contribution to its greatness, and a ready powerful ally in case of a fight in Nigeria. That is only as far as I can go.

The question then is, how do you achieve that without encountering a similar or worse situation?

We'll not abandon Nigeria all together. We'll maintain our root here because Nigerian market is important to us but we won't build industries or develop Nigeria anymore. Everything will be in Gabon and our Made in Gabon goods sold here in Nigeria.

Afterall, Eri was not born in Alaigbo, was he?

Onlytruth:

The most important thing is that Gabonese are fewer than Ijaw, Ibibio, Edo not to talk of Yoruba and Hausa, so they pose no threat.
If our industries pay tax and employ the locals, they'll value us unlike S.Africa were we go to do only business and have no base.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Abagworo(m): 12:44am On Jan 31, 2011
What Obiagu is exhibiting is the true nature of a typical Igbo.Central Igbos do not see settlers as competitors but peripheral Igbos and other Nigerians do.I think it has to be because they originate from an over-populated and very competitive environment and hence grow not to be scared of competition.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:47am On Jan 31, 2011
Abagworo:

What Obiagu is exhibiting is the true nature of a typical Igbo.Central Igbos do not see settlers as competitors but peripheral Igbos and other Nigerians do.I think it has to be because they originate from an over-populated and very competitive environment and hence grow not to be scared of competition.

you may be right brother, but do you think the indigenes of gabon will do the same undecided
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ekubear1: 12:47am On Jan 31, 2011
One other point. If you actually want to do this, you need some Igbo billionaire to help you co-opt the existing gov't structures. I.e., actively have the support of the Gabonese gov't to allow you guys to freely move there en masse. In particular, you'll need this gov't to help you fight off the natives who will undoubtedly oppose the new immigration.

So the first step needs to be to get someone well-placed and well-connected there.

Obiagu1:

Do you how many Igbos are in Senegal or Ivory coast? Do you thing everyone is like South Africa?
Can they be up to 5% of the population? Are they moving there en masse to essentially setup a new nation, Israeli style?

Again, people are not fools. Nobody wants to play the part of the Palestinians.

And most of these countries you suggest have a powerful patron (France) who will help layeth the smackdown on ya'll. So you pretty much need the support of France, Gabonese government, somehow avoid pissing off the natives. . .

Obiagu1:

How are you going to do it? Fight another war?
An excellent question. Not sure I can answer it in one simple forum post, though. But I think it can be done.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:48am On Jan 31, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Obiagu1

Nna akuru m ntu na naija! cool ( I nail for ground for naija!).

However, I love the idea of having another African country with large Igbo population; a country where we can show our ingenuity as a people (Equatorial Guinea is already challenging Nigeria's leadership in African female football because of some Igbo babes in their team). I want a country that will actually become really powerful because of our contribution to its greatness, and a ready powerful ally in case of a fight in Nigeria. That is only as far as I can go.

onlytruth, please do not tell me you are buying to this idea sad
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ekubear1: 12:49am On Jan 31, 2011
Abagworo, I have an Igbo culture and history book on my bookshelf, but have not but read bits and pieces of it.

What would you call "central Igbo" vs non-central? Which regions specifically?

And how did Igboland become so populated, but not build up any advanced government structures? No offense intended by this, I'm just curious to hear your perspective.

I must confess, I don't know as much about Igbos as I would like.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by dempeople(m): 12:51am On Jan 31, 2011
SMH in disbelief at the thought of my brothers sounding defeatist and giving-up. Eri, some of your children have become conquered by fear and intimidation from their enemies.

[size=13pt]Eri[/size], I, Dike Ndigbo Ji Eje Agha [/i]1 of [i]Alaigbo, will never fail you. It is I who will lead the final vanquishing of our enemies.
Oh brave belligerents of Ndigbo, prepare to defend Alaigbo and conquer the land of your enemies. Dominate the land and use it as your economic playground forever.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:52am On Jan 31, 2011
Obiagu1:

Cameroon case was different, they were part of Nigeria and Eastern region and were fighting for their emancipation.

That wasn't what I was referring to.

Parts of the Southern Cameroons turned anti-Igbo during the colonial era because they couldn't compete with the influx of Igbos.

This Gabon thing is a stark impossibility. Think it through honestly.

I think technology will reach a point where we will colonize the oceans and outer space. Then you can definitely get out of the Nigeria trap if you and your followers are alive by then. But moving to countries where people are even less able to compete than non-Igbo Nigerians is a recipe for disaster.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by Onlytruth(m): 12:53am On Jan 31, 2011
Posted by: alj harem

onlytruth, please do not tell me you are buying to this idea

The guy has some interesting ideas. As a potential good leader, I must listen and actually think about his ideas.
He could be right.  cool

One thing is sure, Ndigbo are growing restless in Nigeria.

Part of my mission is to ensure we do not jump from frying pan to fire. That's all.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by ekubear1: 12:56am On Jan 31, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

I think technology will reach a point where we will colonize the oceans and outer space.

This I think is very unrealistic within the next 500 years. We haven't even mastered the desert. And I imagine that it would be easier to conquer the desert than the ocean. Not to talk of outer space.

Unless we find some sort of cheap source of energy in enormous amounts.
Re: Ndigbo In The Fourth Republic by aljharem(m): 12:56am On Jan 31, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: alj harem
The guy has some interesting ideas. As a potential good leader, I must listen and actually think about his ideas.
He could be right.  cool

One thing is sure, Ndigbo are growing restless in Nigeria.

Part of my mission is to ensure we do not jump from frying pan to fire. That's all.
ok brother, i know there are large igbo populations in Gabon and other african countries

i really do think that obiagu1's idea is going to make the natives of the country anti-igbo,,, brother do you see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Fulani Agree To Leave Villages After Meeting With STF. / Jonathan Signs 2013 Budget Into Law / Amaechi Says Rivers Governorship To Rotate Among Ethnic Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.