Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,217 members, 7,913,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:22 AM

Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency (688 Views)

Kenya Freezes Sh6.2bn Linked To Flutterwave / FG Shuts Illegal Online Banks, Freezes Business Accounts / Melinda Gates Filed For Divorce, Couple Has Been Separated Before The Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency by broy(m): 1:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hi Everyone, I just got my funds frozen by payoneer which they claim to be a temporary freezing. This happened due to Wirecard AG filed for insolvency. Payoneer Prepaid Mastercard® Card is issued by a subsidiary of Wirecard AG , "Wirecard Card Solutions Limited (WCSL)" in the UK.

As of Friday June 26th 2020, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) which regulates WCSL, issued requirements on WCSL, freezing all prepaid card activity for the time being. in an email received this is the assurance given by payoneer and I quote[b] "We believe that cardholder funds are properly safeguarded and that the freeze will be temporary."[/b]

Payoneer also claims that further payments will not be frozen and that they will allow withdrawal to local bank account. Not doubt payoneer has been delivered for years until now. But to use these payment services one has to tread with caution. If for any reason you are going to use them, do not use them to store money. Only use these services as transport medium, i.e transfer your fund to a safe place immediately they comes in. Also, ensure that you have more than one of these services for transaction purpose.

To all those whose money are frozen on payoneer, I wish they resolve this issue as soon as possible, so that we can have our money back.
Re: Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency by foxxydude: 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
That's if they find the $2b missing from wirecard accounts

Re: Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency by grandstar(m): 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
Thanks for this

1 Like

Re: Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency by twosquare(m): 2:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
grin
foxxydude:
That's if they find the $2b missing from wirecard accounts
Re: Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency by inas911(m): 10:47am On Jun 28, 2020
Hi guys, do not allow your heart to be troubled if your money was frozen. Get these facts rights.

1. Payoneer and Wirecard are two different companies. Payoneer only partnered [b][/b]with Wirecard to help them provide the MasterCard you have there with you. So, once you withdraw less than $10k into your Payoneer acct, it auto drops into your card. So you can either choose to withdraw via ATM or use it online for shopping.

2. It is not Payoneer that freezed our money, it is the UK financial body that freezed all the money in all cards provided by Wirecard. Wirecard has lots of companies partnering with them. So, it affected all their partners including Payoneer.

3. Just as Payoneer has said that your money is safe. Worst come to Worst, Payoneer will look for a away to remove all the our funds from the card and deposit them into their own virtual wallet so everyone can have access to their money for withdrawals. This means you and i will no longer be able to use our MasterCard again via ATM or for online shopping. We will all now be restricted ONLY to bank withdrawals or transfer to an agent for Naira.

4. So our prayer should be that the process should speed up.
Re: Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency by stagger: 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
I just did a Payoneer withdrawal from Upwork today. The funds will enter your Payoneer account, but not on your card balance. You will be able to withdraw to your bank account linked to your Payoneer account.

Online payments and ATM withdrawals are suspended. If you had funds in your card as at the time of being frozen, those funds will be locked. But new funds added to your Payoneer can be withdrawn to your bank account. So talk to Payoneer and link your Naija account to it.

1 Like

Re: Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency by OYENIYIJK: 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
stagger:
just did a Payoneer withdrawal from Upwork today. The funds will enter your Payoneer account, but not on your card balance. You will be able to withdraw to your bank account linked to your Payoneer account.

Online payments and ATM withdrawals are suspended. If you had funds in your card as at the time of being frozen, those funds will be locked. But new funds added to your Payoneer can be withdrawn to your bank account. So talk to Payoneer and link your Naija account to it.
live long sir cool cool
Re: Payoneer Freezes All Funds Due To Wirecard AG Filed For Insolvency by homebase(m): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
People all over the world are already freaking out here: https://web./645050519442623

(1) (Reply)

How Much Do You Think I Should Sell This Pap I Made By My Self? / Tutorial: How To Be Earning Over 150k And Above Monthly. Join Class Here / Business Ideas With 500k In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.