Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,908 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:51 AM

I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu (1403 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: I Pity Those That Said I Was Arrested By EFCC / Kashamu: Let’s Be Kind To The Dead, Tinubu Tells Obasanjo / Lati Raheem Is Dead! Tinubu's ‘Most Trusted’ Aide Dies After A Brief Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Omooba77: 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
All Progressives Congress stalwart, Bola Tinubu, says he pities those saying his purported ambition to be President in 2023 is dead.

Tinubu said this in a statement on Saturday while reacting to the dissolution of the National Working Committee by the party’s National Executive Council.

He said, “To those who have been actively bleating how the President’s actions and the NEC meeting have ended my purported 2023 ambitions, I seek your pity.

“I am but a mere mortal who does not enjoy the length of foresight or political wisdom you profess to have. Already, you have assigned colourful epitaphs to the 2023 death of an alleged political ambition that is not yet even born.”

Tinubu, who did not deny or affirm whether he had a Presidential ambition, said there was no time for such due to the current Covid-19 pandemic.

He said he would rather busy himself with how to ensure the economic recovery of the country.

The former Lagos State governor stated, “During this period, I have not busied myself with politicking regarding 2023. I find that a bit distasteful and somewhat uncaring particularly when so many of our people have been unbalanced by the twin public health and economic crises we face.

“I have devoted these last few months to thinking of policies that may help the nation in the here and now. What I may or may not do 3 years hence seems too remote given present exigencies.”

He said he had toiled for the success of the APC just like any other individual and he would continue to make sacrifices to ensure that the party remains on the path of progress.

Tinubu added, “I have toiled for this party as much as any other person and perhaps more than most. Despite this investment or perhaps due to it, I have no problem with making personal sacrifices (and none of us should have such a problem) as long as the party remains true to its progressive, democratic creed. Politics is but a vehicle to arrive at governance.

“Good politics promotes good governance. Yet, politics is also an uncertain venture. No one gets all they want all the time. In even a tightly-woven family, differences and competing interests must be balanced and accommodated.”

https://punchng.com/i-pity-those-saying-my-supposed-presidential-ambition-is-dead-tinubu/
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by doggedfighter(f): 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
Did he really say this?

Read a while ago that he's still undecided.
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by NwaNimo1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
ok
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Nigeriabiafra80: 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
Save your tears
You need it in years to come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
Very dangerous cunning man, always claiming he's innocent while others are the one plotting for 2023, whats wrong in admitting that you're interested in being a president, you were strategically positioning your forces....

Never trust a man like Tinubu... Men like him will look innocent and silently excute a coup during the military era..

All we hear is his business thinking and sorting out the economy of Nigeria, is that his job

TINUBU YOUR MASTER STRATEGY DIDN'T WORK THIS TIME, ABEG CHANGE TACTICS

3 Likes

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Razzness(m): 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
Cotinue dreaming
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by dre11(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
Keep dreaming on

He thinks its Lagos and Osun

1 Like

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by 24SEVEN: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
The recent dissolution of the NWC of the APC has really jolted Tinubu to the extent that he has turned to a newspaper columnist. Everyday since the shocker from PMB, he has been writing all sorts of editorials vainly trying to attempt damage control.

i laugh cos the new kids on the block don't take prisoners. They are ruthless.

1 Like

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by iokpebholo: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2020
Chochocho hahahahahahahaha. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.d likes of fashola and osibanjo should rather contest instead of this Mr bullon van

1 Like

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Omooba77: 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2020
Only God knows who will survive 2020
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by seankafor(m): 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
But some people said buhari wasn't incharge?

Where are those cabals they said that are running the government?

How come on his order, everywhere remained still? With everyone queuing in place on his directives?

Why do people hate unnecessary so much? Is it like this the country will rise to stardom?

Misinformation and hate... Damn we re worst than I imagined embarassed
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Decibel: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
Speaking from IDP camp in Bourdillon? grin

4 Likes

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Asgard13: 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2020
I can’t wait for Apc to give Yoruba presidential ticket
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by phelonrays: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
Decibel:
Speaking from IDP camp in Bourdillon? grin
grin

1 Like

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Flexherbal(m): 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
When it is time, the people will decide who their president will be.
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by TheMainone: 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ha Jagaban is not happy at the moment but I know he might bounce back. He's a strategist

Learn web development with WP in 3 days and get a free custom website!

See my signature for registration or call:
Plus234 eight03 7one7 138nine
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by vedaxcool(m): 7:59pm On Jun 27, 2020
doggedfighter:
Did he really say this?

Read a while ago that he's still undecided.

The statement punch quoted says "I seek your pity" meaning the people making such claims should pity him. Punch has always been a toilet paper compare this with the thread that made front page, you will see that Punch is infusing its own agenda and mixing their opinion into his statement which clearly refuted their claims he has a 2023 presidential ambition.

As usual Toilet paper like Punch survive on political perfidy and will always choose now misinforming it's readers than actual journalism.

1 Like

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by vedaxcool(m): 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
Tunde Rahman. Read below;

"To those who have been actively bleating how the President’s actions and the NEC meeting have ended my purported 2023 ambitions, I seek your pity. I am but a mere mortal who does not enjoy the length of foresight or political wisdom you profess to have. Already, you have assigned colourful epitaphs to the 2023 death of an alleged political ambition that is not yet even born."

"At this extenuating moment with COVID-19 and its economic fallout hounding us, I cannot see as far into the distance as you. I have made no decision regarding 2023 for the concerns of this hour are momentous enough."

"During this period, I have not busied myself with politicking regarding 2023. I find that a bit distasteful and somewhat uncaring particularly when so many of our people have been unbalanced by the twin public health and economic crises we face. I have devoted these last few months to thinking of policies that may help the nation in the here and now. What I may or may not do 3 years hence seems too remote given present exigencies."

"Those who seek to cast themselves as political Nostradamus’ are free to so engage their energies. I trust the discerning public will give the views of such eager seers the scant weight such divinations warrant."

"Personally, I find greater merit trying to help in the present by offering policy ideas, both privately and publicly, where I think they might help. I will continue in this same mode for the immediate future. 2023 will answer its own questions in due time."

"I have toiled for this party as much as any other person and perhaps more than most. Despite this investment or perhaps due to it, I have no problem with making personal sacrifices (and none of us should have such a problem) as long as the party remains true to its progressive, democratic creed. Politics is but a vehicle to arrive at governance. Good politics promotes good governance. Yet, politics is also an uncertain venture. No one gets all they want all the time. In even a tightly-woven family, differences and competing interests must be balanced and accommodated."

"My fellow party members who now feel aggrieved by the NEC meeting I urge you to accept the sacrifice you have been asked to make so that the air can be cleared, the party can assume its proper role of helping this government lead the nation toward enlightened improvement, and the party itself can grow and firmly establish itself as the best, most democratic party in the land." the statement read in part.

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-tinubu-speaks-on-2023-presidential-ambition-tells-apc-members-what-to-do/

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by vedaxcool(m): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2020
Omooba77:

Most of these people are their benefactors. giving them pass me down. They will not raise a finger against them

Did you raise eye talkless of your finger when GEJ was ruthlessly wrecking the finances of the nation while your beloved Pandemic Development Party was flowing crumbs to your side?

Once you remove feeding bottle from their hand they will want to scatter everything, that in itself is morally bankrupt.

1 Like

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Rilwayne001: 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
Punch editors are lacking in simple English comprehension. Terrible of them.

1 Like

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Omooba77: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2020
vedaxcool:

Did you raise eye talkless of your finger when GEJ was ruthlessly wrecking the finances of the nation while your beloved Pandemic Development Party was flowing crumbs to your side?

Once you remove feeding bottle from their hand they will want to scatter everything, that in itself is morally bankrupt.

I guess you dont live in Lagos, travel round and metion your normal defence, GEJ.... has things been better for your... Enjoy your change, it is family affair....Let me not laugh now...
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Airoflaw(m): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2020
grin na old men want to be doing it every time..I no blame dem, huspuppies and marlians are busy doing wat they know how to do best ..wat a pity
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Omooba77: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
vedaxcool:

The statement punch quoted says "I seek your pity" meaning the people making such claims should pity him. Punch has always been a toilet paper compare this with the thread that made front page, you will see that Punch is infusing its own agenda and mixing their opinion into his statement which clearly refuted their claims he has a 2023 presidential ambition.

As usual Toilet paper like Punch survive on political perfidy and will always choose now misinforming it's readers than actual journalism.

But 2014/2015 you were hailing the Lagos-Ibadan expressway tabloid
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by SarkinYarki: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2020
It is very dead sir.you can NEVER be President of NIGERIA
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Omooba77: 9:06pm On Jun 27, 2020
Airoflaw:
grin na old men want to be doing it every time..I no blame dem, huspuppies and marlians are busy doing wat they know how to do best ..wat a pity

Dem get ready made thugs supporting them everywhere
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Omooba77: 9:08pm On Jun 27, 2020
SarkinYarki:
It is very dead sir.you can NEVER be President of NIGERIA
Vedaxcool crew dey here.....Only God knows those who will see 2020 to the end
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by SarkinYarki: 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
Omooba77:

Vedaxcool crew dey here.....Only God knows those who will see 2020 to the end

I Will See 2020 till the end and see many many more decades till the end
Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Omooba77: 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2020
SarkinYarki:

I Will See 2020 till the end and see many many more decades till the end

Amen... Just speaking figuratively that people are loading 2023, when they are not sure of crossing 2020.... Wiwa laye wa lowo Oluwa

1 Like

Re: I Pity Those Saying My Supposed Presidential Ambition Is Dead – Tinubu by Omooba77: 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
24SEVEN:
The recent dissolution of the NWC of the APC has really jolted Tinubu to the extent that he has turned to a newspaper columnist. Everyday since the shocker from PMB, he has been writing all sorts of editorials vainly trying to attempt damage control.

i laugh cos the new kids on the block don't take prisoners. They are ruthless.
Only God's purpose shall be fulfilled

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE LIST: Names Of Air Force Officers Killed In Abuja Plane Crash / How Fulani Will Take Over Nigeria By 2075 / The Foolish Game Uwazuruke Is Involving Himself In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.