Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:44 AM

Donald Trump Among “list Of Con Artists Still Living” Says Wikipedia - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Donald Trump Among “list Of Con Artists Still Living” Says Wikipedia (188 Views)

Twitter Wants to Use Wikipedia to Help Determine Who Gets a Blue Checkmark / Newsworldamericas Donald Trump Reminded Of All The Women Who Accuse Him Of Sexua / Nigerian Paints Donald Trump As African Military Dictator!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Among “list Of Con Artists Still Living” Says Wikipedia by Ovasabianthony: 1:30pm On Jun 28, 2020
While organising materials for an article on Ponzi schemes, I came across this write up about Donald Trump on Wikipedia, which I thought I should share with you. It’s weird how the current president of the mighty USA can be listed as a con artist.

Have you ever encountered a con artist? A con artist, according to the Cambridge dictionary, is a person who deceives other people by making them believe something false or making them give money away.

Donald J. Trump was listed by Wikipedia among con artists that are still living. The brief article described how President Trump defrauded 7000 enrollees from 2005-2010 through now-defunct Trump University (sometimes also known as the Trump Wealth Institute and Trump Entrepreneur Initiative LLC).

The university was never an accredited institution of higher education, neither did it confer college credit, nor granted degrees, nor graded its students. Trump University used high-pressure tactics and misleading claims to sell three-to-five-day seminars billed as “retreats” to courses in real estate, asset management, entrepreneurship, and wealth creation.

During the operations of the infamous university, Donald Trump advertised the Trump University saying, ‘At Trump University we teach success. That’s what it’s all about. Success. It’s going to happen to you.”

According to Stephen Gilpin, former professor at the defunct university : This wasn’t your average college student. Even though there were some of them that were young enough. These were middle-aged students and single housewives where their husband had passed away. Gilpin alluded that Trump was a con artist who pulled a fast one on people that wanted to make a difference in their life through real estate. He added that, “These people were taking their life savings or some cases their life savings or taking their retirements and some of them were even maxing out their credit cards to pay $35,000 to get that coaching, the infill, some retreats. You heard of Donald Trump and you thought, “real estate empire, self-made man.”

His clarification behind the con continued as Stephen Gilpin explained that when he came up from Florida for interview, he realised that no one among those interviewing him really knew real estate. He was later then to selected his pedigree as a professor to actually work as their inside house coach mentor. At that point in time, according to Gilpin, “It wasn’t totally honest what was going on…They’re sharks in the water and they’re just high pressured sales people…They were lying and through the students calling me in and telling me through the hotlines. That’s when we realized that uh oh. This is not gonna go far and it’s gonna go downhill.”

So, how did the court case end up?

Judge Gonzalo Curiel, in the Southern District of California on Monday, 9th of April 2018, finalized a $25 million settlement to be paid to attendees of the now-defunct real estate seminar called Trump University. Judge Curiel said, “This settlement marked a stunning reversal by President Trump, who for years refused to compensate the victims of his sham university.” He added, “My office won’t hesitate to hold those who commit fraud accountable, no matter how rich or powerful they may be.”

The Trump Organization spokesman said when the lawsuit was filed that he had “no doubt” Trump University would prevail if the case went to trial, but a “resolution of these matters” was a priority so Trump could focus on running the country.
Click on https://www.ovasabi.com.ng/wikipedia-lists-trump-as-a-con-artist/ for the full article.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump Among “list Of Con Artists Still Living” Says Wikipedia by uniqueboi1(m): 1:44pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Donald Trump Among “list Of Con Artists Still Living” Says Wikipedia by Nairalandmonika: 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
I knew this even b4 he became a president, Trump did not suddenly have 3000 court case against him.
The cases were as a result of his con activities over the yrs. Trump became rich by tricking people n business partners.

(1) (Reply)

Kanavance CBD Oil UK / N-power: Atiku Approves Free Registration For Applicants / United States Moves To Ban Tiktok, Reasons Listed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.