Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,332 members, 7,943,825 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Help! My Computer Wont Boot. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Computer Wont Boot. (800 Views)

Hp 6735s Laptop Starts, But Wont Boot. / [HELP] Hp 15 Notebook Laptop Windows 8.1 Wont Boot Up. / SOLVED---- Help"!!!! Laptop Wont Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Computer Wont Boot. by onafan(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2007
my computer just wont boot. it keeps telling me that, no boot record found . what could possibly be wrong with it. please somebody help me.
Re: Help! My Computer Wont Boot. by micky1912(m): 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2007
try checking the book sequence and make suere the cables to the hard disk and the memory is connected well.
Re: Help! My Computer Wont Boot. by guysmat(m): 9:00am On Jun 14, 2007
After checking the boot sequence, ensure that you don't have a floppy in any of the drives.

If it still doesn't boot, press your reset/power button, (as soon as something shows up/flashes on your screen, press F8 until until you arrive at a dailogue box suggesting various types of boot modes.

Select the boot to safemode (with network if the system has an internet connect) checkout the link below for what I'm talking about.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/documents/0/556/images/SafeMode2.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.helpdesk.umd.edu/topics/troubleshooting/os/windows_2000/556/&h=396&w=525&sz=19&hl=en&start=1&sig2=vdpathrdn_wvGOBjEHlddg&tbnid=nDg77emy4l6vOM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=132&ei=QvBwRtDGHIG6hQTp-bXWCA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsafe%2Bmode%26svnum%3D50%26hl%3Den%26newwindow%3D1%26rlz%3D1T4GGLR_en___NG223

(If it boots up to this level, then there's hope for your system) grin

You can now try you recovery console to seen if you can take your system back to an earlier date when the system used to work properly.

If it doesn't boot to this level then I'll recommend a simple software you'll need to burn unto a CD (hope your system has a CD/DVD drive).
(Pray that your hard disk isn't dead sha)

The burnt software boots you system to a level where you can recover virtually everything from you system, fix what it was you were doing before it went "kolo-mental" or outrightly reformat or partition the system. If you do eventually feel the need to reformat, ensure you have a Windows OS to reinstall all after.

I'll get you the name of the software later. Its free to download, less than 4 MB but it need to be burnt to CD. Load it in the CD drive b4 booting.

All da best dude.

(1) (Reply)

Strange But True But Awesome -- Intel Rock Videos / All About Computer / Sound Problem On My Toshiba Satelite M115

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.