Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:47 AM

PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol (14661 Views)

Buhari Submits PIB To National Assembly, Scraps NNPC, PPPRA In New Bill / PPPRA Increases Price Of Petrol From N140.80 To N143.80 Per Litre / PPPRA Sacks 34 Staff To Employ Hadiza, Buhari's Daughter - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
alphaNomega:
Stop saying this. It must be that you need medical help to remember some events or you were a child during the Jonathan administration.
Oga Jonathan was the first president that stopped fuel scarcity even in December ...I was not a kid Oga
Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by alphaNomega: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
codedguy1:

Anyone who thinks what these idiots are saying is a good thing is dreaming. You have just captured it very well. They are a bunch if confused, insensitive, selfish, wicked and parochial people who think they are intelligent.

Unless there is resource control, any form of allowing international crude prices determine our fuel price is just hogwash.

You have no refinery working and you want yo allow crude price determine your local consumption.

Either way the people get to suffer.
I completely agree with you. I think the model they are using to regulate our pump price is the way to go provided we don't refine our fuel. Just look at how the issue of December fuel scarcity has seemingly disappeared from our consciousness. It has worked so well that even Igbochief001 cannot remember the last time he suffered to buy fuel in December and thinks it stopped under Jonathan.
Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by alphaNomega: 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga Jonathan was the first president that stopped fuel scarcity even in December ...I was not a kid Oga
Then you need medical help!

IIRC there was only one festive season that was scarcity free under Jonathan but it was quickly followed by strikes from the evil ones trying to suffer us all.
Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by adecz: 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
alphaNomega:

Apart from 2017 Christmas/New year, we do not have to suffer to buy fuel during yuletide anymore.

lipsrsealed

Why should there be scarcity when
government approved pump price is
now the same as the black market price
of the PDP era?

Use your head!!
Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by alphaNomega: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
adecz:

lipsrsealed

Why should there be scarcity when
government approved pump price is
now the same as the black market price
of the PDP era?

Use your head!!
For something that thinks it is using its head, you were unable to THINK of the price of crude oil in the international market.

I can't ask you to use your head because it is empty
Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by Sunnyja: 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
post=91184547:
A better Nigeria is all we want.

Good to know that we don't go through the incessant fuel scarcity (especially every December) we went through for 16 years as a nation, at the time our nation made the highest profit that was all looted among thieves and criminals.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to make this once battered and looted nation work again.

God bless all sane and positive minded Nigerians.

God bless Nigeria.
I guess the "we" refers to you and your Internally Displaced Politicians.
Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by adecz: 9:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
alphaNomega:
For something that thinks it is using its head, you were unable to THINK of the price of crude oil in the international market.

I can't ask you to use your head because it is empty

You have just made a comment
without stating a point, because you
don't have a point since your
microcephalic brain is unable to
grasp the dynamic interplay of
global crude prices juxtaposed with
domestic pump prices of refined
petroleum products..

If you follow the trend of this government,
higher crude prices in the PDP era
should have meant higher pump
price .

But again, why am I giving you free
lessons on global economy; your low IQ &
poor educational background is
strictly the fault of your parents not
mine.

And please be advised, I shall
no longer engage in interchanges
with a crretin!!

Go & search for your intellectual mate
Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by alphaNomega: 7:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
adecz:

You have just made a comment
without stating a point, because you
don't have a point since your
microcephalic brain is unable to
grasp the dynamic interplay of
global crude prices juxtaposed with
domestic pump prices of refined
petroleum products..

If you follow the trend of this government,
higher crude prices in the PDP era
should have meant higher pump
price .

But again, why am I giving you free
lessons on global economy; your low IQ &
poor educational background is
strictly the fault of your parents not
mine.

And please be advised, I shall
no longer engage in interchanges
with a crretin!!

Go & search for your intellectual mate

I made a point but you totally missed it. Must be very tough living with an empty skull. I pity you.
Re: PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol by awele186: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2020

Every organization/MDA in Nigeria is trying to claim relevance. Especially the ones that fear the merger or scrapping. This is the same thing you see with Civil Defense trying to avoid being merged with the Police. These agencies are all afraid of the proposed merger and scrapping which will affect many MDAs. Hence they are all struggling to claim they are performing one special function. They even go as far as sponsoring labor organizations to take their sides. They are also lobbying the legislature to be on their side. This is the same thing with NOSDRA who is supposed to handle only Tier 3 Spills. But is today uselessly fighting even its parent Ministry (Ministry of Environment) for relevance. It goes beyond its mandate in many cases. Constantly tries to malign other agencies in the media with ignorant and unverified claims and in a shameless and clandestine manner, proposes bills to take over everything concerning environmental protection in the oil and gas industry. An organisation that was erroneously established which should have no function until their is a National Oil Spill. By their name they are to Detect and Respond to National Oil Spills and not regulate. But they have gone beyond this mandate. The question is that these agencies were created without thought with duplicity of function, making the oil and gas industry groan under this weight of regulatory burden. The shocking thing is that with all these agencies in Nigeria, the country is still lacking adequate regulatory enforcement. The masses still suffer from unwholesome practices.

The PPPRA should be merged with the Department of Petroleum Resources, including PEF, etc. All regulators in the Ministry of Petroleum Resources should be merged with the DPR. As for the NNRA, why are they only focused on Oil ad Gas? Cede the full regulation of radiation activities in the oil and gas industry to the DPR like the aspect of HSE, while the NNRA Focuses on other industries/sectors. The DPR should then have its name changed to a commission of sort. Nigerian Oil and Gas Regulatory Commission/Nigerian Petroleum Regulatory Commission/Nigerian Hydrocarbons Regulatory Commission. The price control function can be performed by the DPR. Firstly, let the prices be established by commerce in the free market. Equip Depot owners and marketers to be able to import the product while we work out our refining capacity problems. In such a situation prices will shift to maintain the balance between supply and demand. The new DPR should then ensure that no marketer hoards the product. Serious surveillance, which is also part of their function anyway. Let there be no artificial scarcity and let there be no diversion. When this is done, demand and supply will continue to determine market value.

Price Control which the PPPRA is stylishly doing cannot be a long term thing because in the long run it will eventually lead to shortages, rationing, inferior product quality, and black markets. Various countries that have attempted fixing gasoline prices have recorded these disadvantages. The Stephen Oransanye Report still needs to be critically looked at. Critically. Then these duplication of functions needs to be adequately addressed. It will reduce cost of Governance and allow Nigerians benefit from proper regulation which sets out to protect them from unwholesome practices.

https://www.lawyard.ng/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Steve-Oronsaye-Report.pdf
[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Is The Party To Beat In 2023, Says Buratai / More Trouble For Governor Sule As Group Urge UK, EU To Impose Visa Ban On Him / Fayemi Pays Salaries, Allowances Of Fayose’s Appointees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.