Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,447 members, 7,964,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 09:37 PM

How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? (23635 Views)

Glory Okolie Detained By IRT Officers (Pictures) / Full Profile Of New IRT Boss, Tunji Disu As IG Removes Abba Kyari / Why Is SARS Brutalities Prevalent In The South? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by jamalnation(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
overhauling the present system its just not working. we need check and balancing re-training on ethics and behaviour stiffer penalty for offender swift investigation to claims/complains etc
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by jaxxy(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
Omooba77:
Our politicians are just mouthing reforming Police in Nigeria.
Daily SARS, IRT and police in general are becoming daring and brutal against the people. Yet the President, igp and law makers are doing nothing about it. Owning a phone or computer is now a crime. Just by Sango under bridge going to Atan, come and see how sars were behaving molesting innocent citizens.
Please if you have been brutalised by police; tell us your experience and what can we do to put an end to this menace?

We have bunch of idiots as leaders I must tell u. I have never experienced such bt I hear stories sm of the people are guilty of sm crime and sm other are not sadly. From what I hear it’s despicable and criminal and I think our dumb leaders shud do more than lip service.

Bt I must tell u the truth police reforms is not easy. It take same craziness bt from the positive side to deal with the negative ones. U must address them as terrible and merciless as there treat their now victims they shud ideally be protecting or atleast when suspicious apply due process.

The police will have to raid their own erring colleagues, deal decisively with them and Bring them to book. It’s a hard task to change a corrupt cop when it’s becoming part of their system.
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
Well, the problem is, we all moan about Police and SARS brutality, yet I can't see any Nigerian come out on the street to actually protest.

(EndSARS became a phenonenom....on the internet. Now that's nice, but internet likes don't do much in the world.).

You also don't see Nigerians putting pressure on their senators, and representatives to pass laws that...I don't know...get better training for the Police.

Also, we mistreat the Police too. Funding for the Nigerian Police force is far less than what the NYPD of New York spends in a year...for policing 25 million people. (NPF polices 200 million). Monthly salary of a Police constable is 44,000 naira only. And we are asking why they collect bribes??

Then there is the Nigerian phenonenom; someone comits crimes, he does not get punished, the family of the victim gets paid off, or begged to drop the case. For some reason we have an aversion to prosecuting crime in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by ProfAmaben(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
Since I was born till today, I have never been arrested or harassed by the police.

You can't have dread and tattoos without drawing attention from sars and the police.

Those saying that tattoos are cool bla bla should know that this is Africa not Europe.

3 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Perfecttouchade: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
No difference between them and kidnappers..they beat their victims and drive them away from the spot they are been taken

1 Like

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Raustin(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
What's the man's name/number/facebook name ?
sicily4u:
There is a man on Facebook he is good in retrieving people's money that SARS took from them be it cash or bank transfer as far as u have evidence today alone get got about 1.2m from them,just call his number no matter ur location he will be there with his team, he is also good in rape case if police collect money and refused to act
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by morris477(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2020
SARS brutality will not end if you have the luck and win them in court Ur bruises will turn into millions but to say it will end na lie

1 Like

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by aminusodiq(m): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
Elder0001:
I’ve never experienced any sort of brutality or anomaly in the hands of policemen or sars guys sha,maybe it’s because of my simplicity and the way I present myself.
wait for it... I was simple and modest... was Even on my way to nysc camp... After searching my fone and bag without finding anything... Dey still extorted me!!!

5 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
aminusodiq:
wait for it... I was simple and modest... was Even on my way to nysc camp... After searching my fone and bag without finding anything... Dey still extorted me!!!

The kind of hairstyle you spotted and your dressing also matters a lot...

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by donprinyo(m): 9:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
Voting the right leaders that will rebuild our judiciary to standard. The law must protect all both the rich and the poor.

3 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Samystar003: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
With my experience with Nigeria Police force, the police has no power to brutalize any innocent person. We granted them the power through many channels and they took advantage of it.

The 2 gates of Sango police station op reffered to were donated by welders. Have they donated anything to schools in the area? NO!

Whenever you enter the station, you will see traditional rulers coming to pay homage to DPO or the Area commander. Is that not a shame?

The worst is pepper grinders coming to have connection with the DPO.

How can you give a black man such prestige and he won't misbehave?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by pdukeman5: 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mr President is shocked by the actions of SARS and other police departments.
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by sicily4u: 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
Raustin:
What's the man's name/number/facebook name ?

Check page one
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by tommy589(m): 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
inspirator1:
I have never had an experience in any form, but that does not mean such brutalities and harassment doesn't exist.
As a youth in this country, your mannerism, code of dressing and conduct matters a great deal on how these intelligent outfit relates to you. Truth is, street lingua and pidgin English dey sweet, but when you're with these guys don't try using such; if you can't speak good English, use your native language in the most modest way.

Above all, living a simple and quite life won't Rob you off, your wealth and ruggedity cum intelligence....(Hush and Mompha are good enough for you to learn quite living like Zucker).
Saleh

Thank you
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by praiseneo(m): 10:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
I honestly don’t think they can be stopped o cos I’ve encountered them many times arresting me cos of tattoos only o. Say I be this and that with no proof
There are some good officers just that they are few. The last time I was harassed and arrested Na from Agege dem carry me go Ogun state just because of tatts I was released the next day after enough plea and bailing fee. Me I’m avoiding police officers these days o cos I no want wahala and embarrassment

1 Like

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Tumbulum: 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
I will save a dying frog with my last strength than go near a policeman who need my help. Those guys are worse than the devil. I can never like them and in fact if I have my way I will rather shoot them dead and go to jail for life than allow them extort me.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by RealEzee(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Since I was born till today, I have never been arrested or harassed by the police.

You can't have dread and tattoos without drawing attention from sars and the police.

Those saying that tattoos are cool bla bla should know that this is Africa not Europe.
then why don't they arrest our grandmas with tattoos na? see we are just been hypocrites here period, come to Abk and see these older women with ancient tattoos even with their family name go and arrest them na.

This thinking that this is Africa blah blah blah has not gotten us anywhere close the west in terms of exposure and advancement so the bragging right that we have ranting this is Africa?

Just be honest, these guys are pure evil, harassing citizens up and down, for what na?

7 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Kenneth10110(m): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
joyandfaith:

avoid them
wear bodycam or use spy cam. with 20k,you can get them
move around with id card like voter card or driver licence with business ID
avoid moving around with atm
dress responsibly
understand your terrain. know when to be indoor
avoid night club or bar or football viewing centre
know big people
remain calm if you encounter them
pray to God for wisdom

People shouldn't be scared to go to clubs or bars because of SARS

1 Like

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by joyandfaith: 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kenneth10110:

People shouldn't be scared to go to clubs or bars because of SARS
if you want to go , follow others suggestions i listed.
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Kenneth10110(m): 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
Elder0001:

The kind of hairstyle you spotted and your dressing also matters a lot...

It seems you one of them what has your dressing gotten to do with extortion. Those saying dress this and that it's not only by dressing or can't a dude look good and when did dreads turn to a crime. Simple dress neatly and responsibly.
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
Omooba77:
See our youth keeping mute on what affect their future. Is it because it is not snake or Hushpuppi thread?
We must rescue ourselves from rogues.
Last week I saw some SARS in a bus around Sura, Obalende. I kept on wondering, how can police dress like this and openly display thuggery and this is close to Kasem house, Obalende.

Majority of Nigerians are daft,, and that's the major problem...

Besides, a significant number of them are been spoon-fed by "mommy"; still smelling of breast milk..
...So, they've not really come in contact with reality.
wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Omooba77: 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
jaxxy:

We have bunch of idiots as leaders I must tell u. I have never experienced such bt I hear stories sm of the people are guilty of sm crime and sm other are not sadly. From what I hear it’s despicable and criminal and I think our dumb leaders shud do more than lip service.

Bt I must tell u the truth police reforms is not easy. It take same craziness bt from the positive side to deal with the negative ones. U must address them as terrible and merciless as there treat their now victims they shud ideally be protecting or atleast when suspicious apply due process.

The police will have to raid their own erring colleagues, deal decisively with them and Bring them to book. It’s a hard task to change a corrupt cop when it’s becoming part of their system.

Do you know how many people are awaiting trials for more than five years. Injustice is thriving in Nigeria.
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by jamesharryson(m): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
Omooba77:
They abduct people and collect Ransom
That's how they abducted me in front of my house, I slept in the cell and in the morning of the next day, they collected Ransome of 25k from my family. They even asked me to transfer it. I didn't do anything at all. This lockdown. It's well

1 Like

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
If government really wants to do this, it's quite simple. Sack the DPO of any station whose officers are accused of extortion.

You can start with those ones at Cement busstop, then move to the ones that stay at Megida (in front of Anchor university).
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Omooba77: 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
praiseneo:
I honestly don’t think they can be stopped o cos I’ve encountered them many times arresting me cos of tattoos only o. Say I be this and that with no proof
There are some good officers just that they are few. The last time I was harassed and arrested Na from Agege dem carry me go Ogun state just because of tatts I was released the next day after enough plea and bailing fee. Me I’m avoiding police officers these days o cos I no want wahala and embarrassment

Are we not supposed to be free in our own country. What is then freedom of movement?

1 Like

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
Not in this life
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by omooba969(m): 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
confidential20:
can you share his number or fb name?

Here is the problem, y'all trust powerful men instead of building powerful institutions that will work to guarantee individual rights and liberties.

The Nigerian education sector is truly questionable.

Nonsense and Buratai. cool

3 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Omooba77: 10:44pm On Jul 01, 2020
jamesharryson:

That's how they abducted me in front of my house, I slept in the cell and in the morning of the next day, they collected Ransome of 25k from my family. They even asked me to transfer it. I didn't do anything at all. This lockdown. It's well

Your example is allover the country, people are just extorted by police everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by Omooba77: 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2020
omooba969:

Here is the problem, y'all trust powerful men instead of building powerful institutions that will work to guarantee individual rights and liberties.

The Nigerian education sector is truly questionable.

Nonsense and Buratai. cool

That is the real truth can George Floyd protest happen in Nigeria
Re: How Can We Be Free From SARS, IRT & Police Brutalities? by cooluzi: 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
inspirator1:
I have never had an experience in any form, but that does not mean such brutalities and harassment doesn't exist.
As a youth in this country, your mannerism, code of dressing and conduct matters a great deal on how these intelligent outfit relates to you. Truth is, street lingua and pidgin English dey sweet, but when you're with these guys don't try using such; if you can't speak good English, use your native language in the most modest way.

Above all, living a simple and quite life won't Rob you off, your wealth and ruggedity cum intelligence....(Hush and Mompha are good enough for you to learn quite living like Zucker).
Saleh
you are a slowpoke,acting as if u re not from nigeria,if u like dress like a pastor them go still harass you plus this is 2020 cant people have freedom of dressing

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joseph Bassey: Ayade’s Defection Has Crippled PDP In Cross River / President Buhari Meets Dogara And Saraki / Troops Neutralize 7 Boko Haram Insurgents In Borno,recover Weapons(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.