Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? (27205 Views)

How To Prepare For A Job Right After School / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
judedwriter:

If that can get him a job, why not?

And when he gets it, he mustn't forget to thank you on this forum grin
Jude, just kill him from fasting to praise from praise to dancing all on empty stomach
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
Odunharry:
First sign up on LinkedIn and look for company and HR people to follow as most Jobs are been advertised there and always do an intro about yourself.. "Your name, course of study, interest and skills and tell people you are open to learning either paid job or intern or even volunteering etc etc". There are Chances people will share your post or your followers will definitely mention your name or refer you if there's any opening.

Another way is to visit career page of Companies and create an account/sign up.(This worked for me).

Talk to people too you know and sign up for Job alerts.

You can also visit the careers section here on Nairaland.
Yeah that career page,it worked for me...I hd even forgotten about it,then I received that call for test/interview...,After almost 3yrs oo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by afecgivers: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
You mean how to start selling mama put. E be like say make I slap you...are you from diaspora?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
ElderIsaac:

Go to OPM or TB Joshua. The result will surprise you.
Is it that they don't know that all those are mere waste of time
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2020
ElderIsaac:

Go to OPM or TB Joshua. The result will surprise you.
Is it that they don't know that all those are mere waste of time?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by alizma: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
BLUELemon:
Fasting and prayers although it hasn't worked for me
The fasting and prayer should have been done in year2.
This is one of the mistakes that made some people think prayers don't work. Don't wait till the last minute. Some people secure there jobs(through prayers and agreement with God) 3years before they get through with nysc.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
judedwriter:

Why don't you try praise? wink
that has been introduced butbit will b intensified.

You people can't kill me
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:23pm On Jul 01, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

How do I go about the visa sponsorship job.

Get the visa. I am going with you grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2020
Volunteer, do internships and get the necessary experience. Forget chasing that "big money job", you will get it eventually with commitment and willingness to learn.

Once you have the needed experience and skills (real applicable skills o and not theory you learned in university), you will be on a position to get the big job eventually.

Anyway it worked for me and I've turned down big job offers that I wouldn't have dreamed of even applying for 4-5 years ago.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2020
Baawahala:

It will work surely,just add a little work to it...I was in that hole..
I have done that but please you can help me if you heart feels like. Although people might call me a begger but the truth is I don't have
Sterling bank 0 0 72 05 39 10
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by judedwriter(m): 12:26pm On Jul 01, 2020
doggedfighter:

Jude, just kill him from fasting to praise from praise to dancing all on empty stomach

Fasting doesn't kill.... If it's done right. Add praise to it and it is a supernatural bomb!

Anyways... Praise brings favour for jobs!
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2020
judedwriter:

Fasting doesn't kill.... If it's done right. Add praise to it and it is a supernatural bomb!

Anyways... Praise brings favour for jobs!
Pure lies
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by shigoawesu(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mizfabulous18:
Learn a soft skill while doing a side business then apply for jobs bet u u wont regret it cos time wait for no one ooospeaking from experience when I finished I was all about getting a job getting a job when I should hv been acquiring employable skills especially if ur a woman u will definitely get a job trust me

Like what kind of skill
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by judedwriter(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2020
doggedfighter:

Pure lies

All the hearts of men are in God's hands... I won't say more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by mrgbenga1: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
Networking!!!! The ability to know someone that knows someone that knows someone in authority.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2020
doggedfighter:

I'm a sister though. If you see food eat. Fasting does nothing.

We will be fine las las grin grin

Fasting doesn't work.

What do u know?

Na ppl like you will be praying, crying for God to help them not knowing that they have already judged themselves.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2020
GemUnique:
Tech geeks and programmers go soon come here now and start typing nonsense with their keyboards like say na everyone go computer skills go favor
See as you spoil advert for me grin
Programming is the best skill you can have currently

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Odunharry(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
Baawahala:

Yeah that career page,it worked for me...I hd even forgotten about it,then I received that call for test/interview...,After almost 3yrs oo
Yea. Mine was about few weeks or months or so..
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Beetunez44(m): 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
BLUELemon:
Fasting and prayers although it hasn't worked for me

Just keep believing, "the Lord will do it quickly in His own time"
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
victorazyvictor:

Lasting doesn't work.

What do u know?

Na ppl like you will be praying, crying for God to help them not knowing that they have already judged themselves.

I don't need prayers . It's a waste of time. Cry to who
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by pocohantas(f): 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2020
GemUnique:
Tech geeks and programmers go soon come here now and start typing nonsense with their keyboards like say na everyone computer skills go favor

Very anyhow people. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Tapout(m): 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
eleojo23:
Take SAED seriously.
Some of those skills may come in handy when you need something to sustain yourself while looking for a job.

Don't be like me who slept throughout SAED lectures and never took it seriously throughout the service year. grin

baba leave that saed abeg..if nysc want corpers to take that saed seriously, they should build standard lectures halls with hands on apparatus/equipments as the case maybe. Bk then in lagos camp I decided to pitch tents with those foreign language guys. The two tutors were both speaking Chinese, one will speak and the other will interpret, they took turns to interpret.(born and bred Nigerians oh)After a while they started teaching us some words. It was interesting until something struck me, wait oh shey this ones are not deceiving us ni?? grin grin mtcheew I stood up and left in search of another saed. In school I was thought igbo by an igbo teacher and yoruba by a yoruba teacher. If dem wan teach us Chinese Chinese dem Carry Chinese person come. The only saed that represented well were the cutural related saeds, entertainment related saeds and food/hygiene related saeds.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2020
BLUELemon:
food no dey. Money no dey. Garri no dey.... This life hard no be small. Even if I no wann fast, do I have an option

In Islam you can fast if you don't have something to eat.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by IjawAboki007: 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2020
Sanemind1:
I think learning a skill is the ultimate,then you can gradually be applying for jobs while still holding on to your skills

Meanwhile

500gb external drive,otg flash drive,key flash drive are available preloaded with current movies,series, cartoon, action etc
Location is port Harcourt,but can be sent to your location

How much
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by ayenale1(m): 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
Put that certificate aside and do anything that comes your way be it teaching, IT, etc as long as its not yahoo yahoo or carrying gun, you are good to go.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Davidganna10: 1:01pm On Jul 01, 2020
isuomo:
The best advice i give young graduates like you is to volunteer for the first one year, during this period you are acquiring skills and strengthening your CV, by the time you are about to finish your volunteer experience you are already ahead of thousands of your mates who sat on their asses from day one looking for jobs without experience. You can't go wrong with that approach and many have gone on to full time employment after the experience.
Op this is the best advice here, after my NYSC. I volunteered for 18months and today I currently work in a reputable firm. Although not where I volunteered, but I got the connect from there.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by HPNFYNEST(m): 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
So i went to school for 5 years just to learn trade after that ba�
Y didn't i just learn trade at first instead of spending so much in school..
U guys will thinking trade is easy�..
Don't know for you but i am going to use my certificate very well..
No be only trade na trader �
Joefat:
I think learn a trade or if there's business orientation. Then you're good to go. However if one is connected, but if you're not. Don't waste your time by looking for jobs all around, try to learn a trade or skill as fast as possible..

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by missypurple1(f): 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
Searching for a job should actually start during your service year
1. PREPARE IN ADVANCE
√For example, you studied Accounting:
a. Search for Jobs you want to apply for and their descriptions
b. You'll realize that there are certain skill sets that are required, do you possess them?
c. You'll also see;"knowledge of .......... is also an added advantage " try as much as possible to acquire such knowledge during nysc( Google is your friend)
2. MOST IMPORTANTLY, HAVE A LINKEDIN PROFILE
LinkedIn is a Professional Platform...
you'll find virtually every company you're looking for on that space
a. Follow People in your choice field
b. Connect with HR personnel and Recruiters
C. Engage actively; like, follow, comment, share....

PS: be mindful of what you post on LinkedIn, you don't want to spoil your chances of being employed

Cheers

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by sacajawea: 1:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Start olosho work,forget peanut N-power by Buhari

It pays better grin
Are you serious? Are you really an Olosho?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by gabicon: 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
kamtrix:
Hello everyone, I'm wondering, what is the best process for an NYSC Corper to secure an accommodation immediately after Nysc without having to struggle with jumping from one desperate interview to another?

Comments and experiences are very welcomed please.

Also, kindly I want to discourage much talks of starting a business, that's not what this thread is about. Thank you.

The best way to secure employment after NYSC is getting and developing a skill from 200 level university days. The next best time is during your NYSC and if you have finished NYSC the best time to get a skill is now.

The present education system we use was designed for the industrial Revolution, there were too many positions needing manpower so they decided to mass produce manpower. But now we have few positions and too many manpower, which naturally will attract competition. To be on top of the employment food chain you need to ask yourself some very crucial question, " what can I do for the organisation that I would like to work with? How well can I do it?". If your answer is nothing, there lies the key to your solution you need to be able to do so.

Education of today is not vested on any institution, it has become the sole responsibility of all individuals to educate themselves and develop their skills.

Get a skill the market needs you get a job.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by sacajawea: 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
Someone7:
Volunteer, do internships and get the necessary experience. Forget chasing that "big money job", you will get it eventually with commitment and willingness to learn.

Once you have the needed experience and skills (real applicable skills o and not theory you learned in university), you will be on a position to get the big job eventually.

Anyway it worked for me and I've turned down big job offers that I wouldn't have dreamed of even applying for 4-5 years ago.
Where are you working now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Recruits For Academic & Non-academic Staff Positions / Am I Spending Lavishly ? / Aiico Plc Interview. Urgent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.