Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,563 members, 7,888,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:48 PM

Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri (88814 Views)

Abubakri Yekini's ThisDay Newspaper Advert Discrediting #EndSARS Report / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by atiku07(m): 1:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
ignorant makinde dogs everywhere
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Correcto: 1:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
Really, so the owner can't order a close down to honor her husband for just a day? It is funny people always try to compare Nigeria and America or Europe in every issue. Closing down a business is a personal thing. If she can not close down her business then she has no moral right to criticize anyone for not leaving their personal issues to see her and her family.
Xisnin:
She doesn't run the shop.
Business ignorance is one of the reasons poverty is so widespread in Nigeria.
A well-run business and its owner are different entities.
Even the owner's death should not stop a business from running.

The poster even brought in his entitled and lazy mentality that workers should be paid for just being workers.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Sunnyja: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
chatinent:
Pointless. The dead are conscious of nothing after all. What will the closing down prove?
What will the governor cutting short his official trip prove?!
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by sunboy(m): 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Some people just mu.mu sha ... is she running the store? Did they find her in the store? Mchew

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
Correcto:
Really, so the owner can't order a close down to honor her husband for just a day? It is funny people always try to compare Nigeria and America or Europe in every issue.
Apart from you, who is talking about America here?
There are poor businessmen in every country who mix personal issues with the business.
They usually don't last long as they are displaced by more serious firms.

Closing down a business is a personal thing.
I agree and competent business people don't mix personal issues with their business
because they are separate.

If she can not close down her business then she has no moral right to criticize anyone for not leaving their personal issues to see her and her family.
This is not a case of morality and no one is asking anybody to leave their personal issues to see her.
The government refused to acknowledge that the former governor is sick while he was alive.
This isn't a personal favor or morality issue.
Ordinarily, Makinde owes them nothing.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Correcto: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
The owner of Roban doesn't open on Sundays, yet he has a very successful business in the South East, beat of my knowledge. All you said makes no sense. Success of business is quite complex, depends on many factors.
Xisnin:

Apart from you, who is talking about America here?
There are poor businessmen in every country who mix personal issues with the business.
They usually don't last long as they are displaced by more serious firms.

I agree and competent business people don't mix personal issues with their business
because they are separate.

This is not a case of morality and no one is asking anybody to leave their personal issues to see her.
The government refused to acknowledge that the former governor is sick while he was alive.
This isn't a personal favor or morality issue.
Ordinarily, Makinde owes them nothing.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Trumps: 2:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ishilove:
Titus sardine is now 310?
Biko, No discount? Nawa O.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Staro: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2020
Shameless woman

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 2:39pm On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

The poster even brought in his entitled and lazy mentality that workers should be paid for just being workers.
But the biz closed during Lock down?

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
nnaemekanwachuk:

But the biz closed during Lock down?
It didn't.
Federal lockdown excuse essential services.
Moreover, Oyo never had proper lockdown.

Even if it closed down during lockdown which never happened,
that is irrelevant as a business forced to close down by an external force such as
the government is not the same as one whose owner made an amateur decision
to stop running it out of sentiment.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Advocate500: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
SocialJustice:
Only a fool will close their business to honour a dead person. I am happy Africans are dumping the madness they started.
and u want the governor to cut short his trip in honour of ajimobi?

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Maliqcious: 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

Man runs the business don't run man... A sign of respect.. Do You think if Jim Ovia dies it wrong.. If Zenith bank closed on his burial day as of respect not right?

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Dayoara: 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2020
So that store is been owned by Mrs Ajimobi.....I knew knew until now.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
Maliqcious:
Man runs the business don't run man...
That is not true for many people. And for those people, their business will not work without them,
But for Florence, she runs a business, that is why her presence is not needed for it to run

A sign of respect.. Do You think if Jim Ovia dies it wrong.. If Zenith bank closed on his burial day as of respect not right?
Hahaha
I will consider transferring most of my deposit out of the bank if that happens
as it sends a wrong message of unprofessionalism.
Who knows what other personal issues are influencing their decisions?

I expect a formal business to be run by business-minded people, not sentimental ones.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Correcto:
The owner of Roban doesn't open on Sundays, yet he has a very successful business in the South East, beat of my knowledge.
Good for him.
But you are just an outside observer and knows nothing about Roban's ROI and
its business policies.

All you said makes no sense. Success of business is quite complex, depends on many factors.
I am not surprised you don't get it. People who have never run a real business are often surprised
at the personal sacrifice and impersonal decisions that owners make towards their business success.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by hadaydhollarpo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

Let the dead bury the dead....

She has staffs, they take care of the shop...

Didn't Bianca ojukwu went to meet Fani kayode 2 days after Ojukwu burial?? Didn't she??

We know the rest stories grin
chai.... NL Don turn twitter dem no dey chill where why grin
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by AmmarOscar(m): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

I liked the OPs post, but later changed to this one. Makes sense.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Fuckyoumod: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
Tareq1105:

I want to believe that the store management has been separated from her as a person. If so, why the shut down? She's not involved in the day to day running of the store.

The reality is that Gov Seyi Makinde did not do enough. Politics apart, the governor should have done better than this. Ordinary phone call or text messages would have saved the situation.

Recall that he was a former governor and Makinde too would become former governor too someday bcoz he has maximum of 8 yrs. As we speak, Lagos State govt is still taking care of Alh Lateef Jakande, widows of late former civilian governors that governed the State.

To me, the governor goofed for a phone call or text messages from him was not too much for him to do. Ti a ba nja, bi ti iku ko. We've seen what killed Ajumobi but do we know what our own end would be?
oya go and do the remaining one since Makinde did not do enough!!! You can as well raise Ajimobi from the grave , or go on a condolence visit Nonsense!!!
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Biodun1929(m): 5:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
This is like telling the wife of the owner of ShopRite to close it down when the husband dies. Ignorance. I even thought the shop they were talking about was a small shop she goes to sell stuff everyday. It seems people don't know how big Grandex is in Ibadan.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Biodun1929(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
Dayoara:
So that store is been owned by Mrs Ajimobi.....I knew knew until now.

Me too. When they said Shop, I thought it is even one small shop, I didn't know it was Grandex
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Biodun1929(m): 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
palsenator:

Have you been there before? Have you seen her there before? It's a business entity own by her but there are managements in place to run it.

Why would she close it? For what loyalty? If she is solely in charge and goes there everyday, that's when u can say she should close it but otherwise, it is hell no.

If she owns MtN , would you ask her to shut down the network cos her husband is dead??

Don't mind these people talking trash. I never even knew she owned the place. I shopped there a lot and it is a standard store... it's like saying ShopRite should close the day the owner dies.

1 Like

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Correcto: 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
Roban is currently expanding with more branches, at least I know one of the managers working there.
Xisnin:

Good for him.
But you are just an outside observer and knows nothing about Roban's ROI and
its business policies.

I am not surprised you don't get it. People who have never run a real business are often surprised
at the personal sacrifice and impersonal decisions that owners make towards their business success.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by walexbiz(m): 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
Exmilitant:
I WILL close down any business of mine to honour my dead loved ones. And i ain't a fool! The madness is not perculiar to Africa and Africans alone. Visit the Latin Americas, The US, Mexico, Spain Italy and India before you die.

Don't mind the idiot, that's a small stall and not chains also I don't think a day is too small for her to close the mall and yet she accused her GSM of not paying condolence when she herself cannot simply respect the dead. Has a Muslim it is wrong to speak badly of the dead but she should get her her straight her husband wasn't a saint and if his antecedent has the governor of Oyo should be taken into perspective his corpse should be dispose in the drainage.

2 Likes

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ishilove:
Titus sardine is now 310?

E shock you? cheesy
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by jice(m): 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
Xisnin:

Nations observe at least one day to honor Presidents. We are talking of her husband who contributed to her been who she is.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
jice:

Nations observe at least one day to honor Presidents.
Nations don't honor presidents, the government does.
Any business not affiliated with the government is free to operate at any time it likes.

We are talking of her husband who contributed to her been who she is.
This is irrelevant, but just so you know, she wasn't picked up from poverty as her
family was established.

Even if he funded the business 100%, that is no reason for it to be shut down.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Ishilove: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

E shock you? cheesy
As in ehn cheesy
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by dailygospel1996(m): 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
That is wickedness, she should have closed at least one week
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Opeakins(m): 4:26am On Jul 01, 2020
Close her store u say
Make she make money ooo person wey die don die abeg
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by nadiq1: 5:10am On Jul 01, 2020
Seriously? So a ghost runs the business abi? They can not honor their CEO. I mean, this is unbelievable the way people make excuses for nonsense...
Xisnin:

Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by Xisnin(m): 5:16am On Jul 01, 2020
nadiq1:
Seriously? So a ghost runs the business abi? They can not honor their CEO. I mean, this is unbelievable the way people make excuses for nonsense...
Who is their CEO?
And what has business shutting down has with honor?
There is a difference between a street kiosk and a business.
Re: Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri by crafteck(m): 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2020
Xisnin:

It is a business.
Business can't honor people, not even the owner of the business.
Don't confuse shops with business.

And she expected a state govt lo keave state duties to attend to her.... Check am naaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] / Buhari Self-isolates After Showing Signs Of COVID-19 Despite Testing Negative. / Olusegun Obasanjo Wrapped Batik In Aba During The Civil War (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.