Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,371 members, 7,929,168 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:17 AM

Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) (960 Views)

Seems Like Oshiomole Had The Last Laugh Afterall / No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde / Ex Lagos Governor Has 3 Jets - Bode George Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
BY Pa. Ehinmen
I am in awe whenever I hear some Esan persons speak ill of Adams Oshiomole government in Edo state. Some even say that oshiomole hates Esan land and did nothing for Esan people while he was governor of the state.
However, all this is not true and its all a lie peddled by the PDP to deceive the gullible and whip up sentiments to get votes in Esan land.
Mind you, I am from Esan, a true son of the soil and I can tell you categorically that oshiomole did well for Esan.
Prior to when oshiomole became governor of Edo state, primary and secondary schools in Esan land was nothing to write about. As a matter of fact the schools in Esan land were all decapitated and abandoned and the poor kids have to learn under leaking roofs and charcoal boards while sitting on the floor , no thanks to the PDP government.
When oshiomole came on board he introduced the 'red roof revolution' which changed the face of primary and secondary education in Esan land. Oshiomole built over 100 new blocks of class rooms across Esan land. He renovated the existing buildings and roofed all of them with red aluminum. Because of this, many esan children began to enroll in school while many left private schools for public school. I dare any Esan person to disproved this fact!
Oshiomole renovated more than 80 schools across Esan land and I can list them if anyone dare to challenge me. In Ekpoma alone, Oshiomole build new blocks and renovated Eguare, Emaudo, Ujeolen, Ihumudumu, Dova, Ujogba, Ebele, Ogwa, Ujeme etc, primary and secondary schools. This is just Ekpoma alone, and this was replicated in Esan north east and Esan south east.
If you go to this schools till date , they all have red roofs, new doors and Windows and even the once that have been vandalized due to abandonment still have their red roofs. Like I said, I pa. Ehinmen dare anyone to come challenge this.
Also, oshiomole constructed roads in Esan land without making noise about it. You can go to igueben, uromi etc and see for yourself.
Further, Oshiomole reinstated the loss glory of Ambrose Alli University, regularized lecturer salaries and raised an already abandoned admin three story building in the school to 90% completion, build new hostels and renovated old ones.
These and many more are legacies oshiomole left in Esan land. Like I said, I challenge any Esan person to dispute them.
Some Esan persons bears the grudge that oshiomole did more project in Edo north where he came from and even build a university in his home town compared to what he did in Esan land. This particular sentiment is what is called a fallacy and an act of double standard by Esan people, given that the late Ambrose Alli developed esan more than any part of the old Bendel state and also build a university for Esan people. So why the foul cry?
Esan people must throw away childish sentients and discard their perceived loyalty to the PDP and embrace true progress with the APC.
Esan people should be grateful to oshiomole.
Pa. Ehinmen is a freelance writer, a Nairalander, and a volunteer member of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu youth movement from Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Realadey(m): 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by iokpebholo: 9:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Now I know ur brain is paining u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Inkling(f): 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hmmmm

Any opinion to counter what this man said is welcome.

1 Like

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by tamdun: 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
iokpebholo:
Now I know ur brain is paining u
U have nothing but insult to counter his claim?

3 Likes

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Morisjohn(m): 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ehinmen3:

BY Pa. Ehinmen
I am in awe whenever I hear some Esan persons speak ill of Adams Oshiomole government in Edo state. Some even say that oshiomole hates Esan land and did nothing for Esan people while he was governor of the state.
However, all this is not true and its all a lie peddled by the PDP to deceive the gullible and whip up sentiments to get votes in Esan land.
Mind you, I am from Esan, a true son of the soil and I can tell you categorically that oshiomole did well for Esan.
Prior to when oshiomole became governor of Edo state, primary and secondary schools in Esan land was nothing to write about. As a matter of fact the schools in Esan land were all decapitated and abandoned and the poor kids have to learn under leaking roofs and charcoal boards while sitting on the floor , no thanks to the PDP government.
When oshiomole came on board he introduced the 'red roof revolution' which changed the face of primary and secondary education in Esan land. Oshiomole built over 100 new blocks of class rooms across Esan land. He renovated the existing buildings and roofed all of them with red aluminum. Because of this, many esan children began to enroll in school while many left private schools for public school. I dare any Esan person to disproved this fact!
Oshiomole renovated more than 80 schools across Esan land and I can list them if anyone dare to challenge me. In Ekpoma alone, Oshiomole build new blocks and renovated Eguare, Emaudo, Ujeolen, Ihumudumu, Dova, Ujogba, Ebele, Ogwa, Ujeme etc, primary and secondary schools. This is just Ekpoma alone, and this was replicated in Esan north east and Esan south east.
If you go to this schools till date , they all have red roofs, new doors and Windows and even the once that have been vandalized due to abandonment still have their red roofs. Like I said, I pa. Ehinmen dare anyone to come challenge this.
Also, oshiomole constructed roads in Esan land without making noise about it. You can go to igueben, uromi etc and see for yourself.
Further, Oshiomole reinstated the loss glory of Ambrose Alli University, regularized lecturer salaries and raised an already abandoned admin three story building in the school to 90% completion, build new hostels and renovated old ones.
These and many more are legacies oshiomole left in Esan land. Like I said, I challenge any Esan person to dispute them.
Some Esan persons bears the grudge that oshiomole did more project in Edo north where he came from and even build a university in his home town compared to what he did in Esan land. This particular sentiment is what is called a fallacy and an act of double standard by Esan people, given that the late Ambrose Alli developed esan more than any part of the old Bendel state and also build a university for Esan people. So why the foul cry?
Esan people must throw away childish sentients and discard their perceived loyalty to the PDP and embrace true progress with the APC.
Pa. Ehinmen is a freelance writer, a Nairalander, and a volunteer member of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu youth movement from Edo State.

Very true OP

Oshiomhole really transformed Edo state in his first tenure

3 Likes

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by icebird25(m): 12:36am On Jun 30, 2020
Op you are not lying at all.. I'm from Esan too ..Esan west local govt. Ogwa Ward1 ..oshiomhole really worked here..there was one primary school called ukpogo primary school ..the rate at which children was missing I'm that school was something else..but oshiomhole came and renovated the school ..erect a fense that is as high 19ft...now parents can send their children to school without having the thought of someone missing again..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by joshjc(m): 12:43am On Jun 30, 2020
Yea,I remembered when I went to igueben few years I saw good roads
Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by NextGovernor(m): 12:56am On Jun 30, 2020
Ehinmen3:

BY Pa. Ehinmen

Let me counter u one by one.

80% of your write up talked about building red roofs. He actually built red roof school. One thing is to build school another thing is to finish the school. These schools were built and they never had chairs and desk for learning. I remember NUT went on strike because of this. They protested that all the schools built never had learning tools. Most of these classes were on lock after building across the whole state. Same trick he did by hiring hospital equipments to commission Central hospital in the presence of Buhari.

Which road did Oshiomole construct in Esan. He only tared behind Chief Tony Anenih road in Uromi which he didnt even complete to Error community. All this be cause of politics. The roads in Uromi today are product of Hon. Yakubu and Hon. Mike Onolememen the erstwhile Minister of Works. Obaseki also reconstructed some recent road

Today come to Esan and see what Obaseki have done. Construction from Ewakhua junction across the badly Ihumudumu road down to Iruekpen in Esan West LGA. Esan South East LGA link roads after passing the railway down have all been tared, total rehabilitation of Ambrose Alli Univeristy to standard. Note that Oshiomole refuse to develop this school and instead use state money to build Public/Private university in his village which was later sold to the private body which was him the Oshiomole.

Oshiomole was the one who placed the school fees to 600% high. You saying 3 story Ambrose Alli University Building was 90% completion is a total lie. Igbinedion started that project years back, was continued by Osunbor, Oshiomole only erected few blocks when they were protesting of his administration increment of school fees then. He abandoned after the whole thing normalized. Obaseki raised and did the full completion. Go to that school today, you will be marvel at the structures in place. I graduated 2015. That school was like a poultry then. Just go take a look at the current nature of the infrustructurer development. Please name the hostel Oshiomole built?

Oshiomole built a private university for himself with Edo State resources under the guise of Public Private Parternship project which was 70/30. Government only own 30% which was later sold. Till today we do not know the private entity who bought the 30% share of the state government and now fully owned. That private entity is Oshiomole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 30, 2020
NextGovernor:

Let me counter u one by one.

80% of your write up talked about building red roofs. He actually built red roof school. One thing is to build school another thing is to finish the school. These schools were built and they never had chairs and desk for learning. I remember NUT went on strike because of this. They protested that all the schools built never had learning tools. Most of these classes were on lock after building across the whole state. Same trick he did by hiring hospital equipments to commission Central hospital in the presence of Buhari.

Which road did Oshiomole construct in Esan. He only tared behind Chief Tony Anenih road in Uromi which he didnt even complete to Error community. All this be cause of politics. The roads in Uromi today are product of Hon. Yakubu and Hon. Mike Onolememen the erstwhile Minister of Works. Obaseki also reconstructed some recent road

Today come to Esan and see what Obaseki have done. Construction from Ewakhua junction across the badly Ihumudumu road down to Iruekpen in Esan West LGA. Esan South East LGA link roads after passing the railway down have all been tared, total rehabilitation of Ambrose Alli Univeristy to standard. Note that Oshiomole refuse to develop this school and instead use state money to build Public/Private university in his village which was later sold to the private body which was him the Oshiomole.

Oshiomole was the one who placed the school fees to 600% high. You saying 3 story Ambrose Alli University Building was 90% completion is a total lie. Igbinedion started that project years back, was continued by Osunbor, Oshiomole only erected few blocks when they were protesting of his administration increment of school fees then. He abandoned after the whole thing normalized. Obaseki raised and did the full completion. Go to that school today, you will be marvel at the structures in place. I graduated 2015. That school was like a poultry then. Just go take a look at the current nature of the infrustructurer development. Please name the hostel Oshiomole built?

Oshiomole built a private university for himself with Edo State resources under the guise of Public Private Parternship project which was 70/30. Government only own 30% which was later sold. Till today we do not know the private entity who bought the 30% share of the state government and now fully owned. That private entity is Oshiomole.

all what you are saying are lies, even recently obaseki himself admitted that Edo state owned the university in oshiomole town. the university is expensive because it is world class. Edo has two state university so attend the one your pocket fits. stop trying to be ungrateful.

1 Like

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Captainrambo2: 9:20am On Jun 30, 2020
Wati this mumu dey talk ? What did oshiomole do ?
Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
Captainrambo2:
Wati this mumu dey talk ? What did oshiomole do ?

ungrateful soul
Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Unigrad: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
What I have to say is this, is like op have turned himself to something else or blind to see anything.
Governor Obaseki is not a saint, he has tried in alot of things, why not give him kudos for it than playing the spoilt game because of politics or political and personal gains?
I'm not a politician, I'm just a voter and a full Benin guy from Edo State. I have stayed majority of my life in Edo state, I followed the state politically so I can't be deceive. Have been following op on all his posts against the governor which you know some of the things you posted are lies just for you to deceived the innocent and people here who is not from Edo State nor reside in Edo State. I went to AAU around February this year, I was so marvelled with what I saw compare to what I saw when I was there about 5years ago, my sister graduated from the school, she so much said alot of the development the Governor Obaseki have done in that school, why not give him credit for it even if he is using state money, he can't decide not to do anything there because he can get away with it because of our governmental system. Are you telling me you have not see the roads done and the once under constructions?
Let's play things out rightly, if not for anything but for our conscience sake.
Note: Have not meet the governor once neither has he given me anything, have only saw him on TV, I know he is not being vocal on his achievements like Oshiomole, to my assessment, he tried in so many areas but not all.
Majority of Edoites will decide come September 19, 2020.

1 Like

Re: Outside Alli, No Other Governor Has Developed Esan Land Like Oshiomole (opinion) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2020
Unigrad:
What I have to say is this, is like op have turned himself to something else or blind to see anything.
Governor Obaseki is not a saint, he has tried in alot of things, why not give him kudos for it than playing the spoilt game because of politics or political and personal gains?
I'm not a politician, I'm just a voter and a full Benin guy from Edo State. I have stayed majority of my life in Edo state, I followed the state politically so I can't be deceive. Have been following op on all his posts against the governor which you know some of the things you posted are lies just for you to deceived the innocent and people here who is not from Edo State nor reside in Edo State. I went to AAU around February this year, I was so marvelled with what I saw compare to what I saw when I was there about 5years ago, my sister graduated from the school, she so much said alot of the development the Governor Obaseki have done in that school, why not give him credit for it even if he is using state money, he can't decide not to do anything there because he can get away with it because of our governmental system. Are you telling me you have not see the roads done and the once under constructions?
Let's play things out rightly, if not for anything but for our conscience sake.
Note: Have not meet the governor once neither has he given me anything, have only saw him on TV, I know he is not being vocal on his achievements like Oshiomole, to my assessment, he tried in so many areas but not all.
Majority of Edoites will decide come September 19, 2020.

achievements cannot be silent

(1) (Reply)

Edo Poll: Governorship Candidate Dumps Party, Defects To PDP / Toto Local Government Press Release / At Least 12 Killed By Govt Forces As Anti Police Brutality Protests Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.