Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,429 members, 7,917,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:26 AM

COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing (20985 Views)

NCDC: We’re Running Against Time With Insufficient Laboratories, Ventilators / COVID-19: Nigeria Adds Two Laboratories For Tests / Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by slimmoney(m): 11:40am On Jun 30, 2020
They go chop better food wey go make covik-19 birus jakpa 4rm dia dody grin
tillaman:
LASG must be joking sha For this present state of the country y’all expect people to use 50k to run a test ?? A test they might even be wrongly diagnosed,
With that 50k some family go chop 3 square meal for a whole month
Off

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by slimmoney(m): 11:42am On Jun 30, 2020
As the funds no dey gree come 4rm private donors again
Atikulated:
Could this be a private partnership with the government and the NCDC to create more avenues to cash away with the funds in the purse?

Now that they've told us the cost, they'd come back someday with another story that they are sponsoring tests carried out at the private labs...

Me I don't understand what's going on in this country again o. I will just remain in my house and treat my malaria with over the counter drugs in peace. embarassed
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by Seun(m): 11:46am On Jun 30, 2020
backnbeta:
They will ask people to bring the result before boarding a plane, before resuming work and before entering school compound, yet they are not subsidizing the cost of doing the test in private labs and they only test the rich and influential with the scarce testing resources! God dey!
A negative PCR test result for COVID-19 has little or no value. You could test negative if you had been infected but the level of virus in your body was still very low. You could be negative at the time of testing but get infected with COVID-19 on your way back home after taking the test. A negative test doesn't prove that you don't have it; it proves that there was no evidence that you had it at the time that your sample was collected.

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by saajus: 11:47am On Jun 30, 2020
They must not divert Government test kits to Private testing centres. I don't trust our leaders.
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by calculator123(m): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2020
tillaman:
LASG must be joking sha For this present state of the country y’all expect people to use 50k to run a test ?? A test they might even be wrongly diagnosed,
Off

Make it two months with 1-0-1 or once a day feeding.
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by tillaman(m): 12:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
slimmoney:
They go chop better food wey go make covik-19 birus jakpa 4rm dia dody grin
I see you brother
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by ayenale1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Paddy paddy laboratories.
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by tillaman(m): 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
calculator123:

Make it two months with 1-0-1 or once a day feeding.
e hard to even see family wey dey chop 3 square meal sef

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by backnbeta(f): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
Seun:

A negative PCR test result for COVID-19 has little or no value. You could test negative if you had been infected but the level of virus in your body was still very low. You could be negative at the time of testing but get infected with COVID-19 on your way back home after taking the test. A negative test doesn't prove that you don't have it; it proves that there was no evidence that you had it at the time that your sample was collected.
I know...just pointing out the folly of our leaders undecided
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by ModestGal(f): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
The cost of testing is even more than the country's minimum wage, lol

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by difference5050: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2020
Can we afford to pay for the test?. I heard that the test cost 40 to 50k
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by fortune1968: 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
tillaman:
Off
A whole month ? 2 months sef . ok boy no be every family de chop 3 times a day again o .
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by LOVEGINO(m): 5:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Scandalous....poor man nko?

[img]https://media./images/ac5ecb53eda4d3011be648f4873987ac/tenor.gif[/img]
it will live with us like malaria bro. Dia fada
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by ImpactNGR(m): 5:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
who pay the private testing center service.
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by Ghokes(m): 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
This marks the end of testing in government facilities
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by litaninja(m): 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Within the next 2 weeks, all the public labs in lagos will no longer have test kits and will "refer" people to the private ones.
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by Seun(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2020
backnbeta:

I know...just pointing out the folly of our leaders undecided
Noted. That was for other people, who may not know.
Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by Seun(m): 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
litaninja:
Within the next 2 weeks, all the public labs in lagos will no longer have test kits and will "refer" people to the private ones.
That would be unfortunate, because the rich will not be safe from the Coronavirus as long as the poor have it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing by litaninja(m): 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
The story of Nigeria.

Seun:
That would be unfortunate, because the rich will not be safe from the Coronavirus as long as the poor have it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India / EAR CARE: Why Remove Ear Wax? Do They Protect The Ear? - Doctorsofficeng / Babcock University Teaching Hospital Performs First Successful Spinal Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.