Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,718 members, 7,975,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:56 AM

INSPIRATIONAL POST- The Amazing Facts About Setting Wrong Self Limits - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / INSPIRATIONAL POST- The Amazing Facts About Setting Wrong Self Limits (130 Views)

Funny But Inspirational Quote I Saw On A Vehicle In Benin City / Three Amazing Facts About Life (part One) / List 5 Weird Facts About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INSPIRATIONAL POST- The Amazing Facts About Setting Wrong Self Limits by anekearinze(m): 11:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
[b][/b]
"I was driving to the airport when I noticed a familiar face. I pulled up and the moment I wound down, I knew I got it right. David was standing right there under the sweltering sun. It had been 10 years since we left school. We screamed and gave ourselves some high fives. He told me that he was going down the road but not exactly to the airport. We had little time to catch up with what had happened in-between the 10 years since we left school. Though I was happy to bump into David, an old school pal, one thing still shocked me; he was yet to get a job since we left school. I was shocked at first but I recalled what David said to me on the last day of our examination as accounting graduates. He was putting on his usual immaculate white top over black jeans. I still remember those trademark glasses that always sat on his nose like a matador sitting on a bull- he was wearing a pair of glasses today but obviously, the rim had changed to something more chic."

Kyrian continued, “After our last paper on the final day at the university, everyone was going crazy. Our bodies were stained with ink and coloured drinks but David was quiet as the pandemonium went on. When I moved over to him, he said, ‘Today seems like our last day in school but I am sad. It seems like the last four years were a waste. I had been thinking about this since we started the exam. I would have graduated as an accountant but at the end of the day, one might ask how much of what I studied do I know. And I think for this reason I have lost all hope of ever getting a job because I know I'm not good enough.’ Kyrian cleared his throat and continued, “You can see how he got himself into this condition. It was quite obvious that he lacked the belief that he could do anything meaningful as an accountant. He built that wall of limitation around himself and it got coded on his subconscious mind. I doubted at that point if he ever went for any job interview because he never believed he could do anything successfully or meaningfully as an accountant. I dropped him under the flyover before taking the right turn to head to the airport."

Kyrian went on. "I knew I needed to have another discussion with David on his predicament. Perspective remains one of the most important gifts under the surface of the earth. I had to share one with him but it boils down to what he does with it. So, when I returned to the city, I invited David over. From our discussion, it was obvious that David did not seek an opportunity for a job even for once. He thought that it was of no use because even if he got the job, what would he have done. There was a shocking lack of self-worth. It was at this point that I opened up with him. I told him that he placed a value on himself by virtue of his thought and probably as a result of other people's opinions about him. I went further to tell him that the only limit that matters in his life are those ones that he placed by himself. I let him know that no one is perfect and that he should believe in his ability and give himself the opportunity to learn through the ranks. I told him too that the professors, gurus, great leaders of the past and present were not born with those name tags. They, like us, arrived on earth as tabula rasas. But in the end, we decide what we want to become. I advised him to get a smaller job and then grow and learn from there."

Kyrian was bent on telling the whole story. "I left for the United States the following week. I actually visited Nigeria on short notices to see how my business over there was doing but because it was a scheduled visit I didn't have time to see some friends. 7 years after David and I had our last discussion I came to Nigeria because there was a fraud that happened in my company where I was a CEO. I needed external auditors to look at our books. I tried to speak to David to see if he could help me recommend one but his phone number was not available. I had to speak to three other acquaintances who recommended a particular audit agency to me. The next day I went to see the recommended audit firm. When I got there I was given a visitor's note to fill. I sat there for the next 30 minutes waiting. People were littered in the waiting room. And they were coming in for business. When it was my turn, I stepped into the office and what I saw dropped my jaw- it was actually David sitting behind the desk."

REFLECTION
I keep reminding people that whatever the mind believes, it can go ahead to achieve. The world is filled with inventions from great men who gave the world what we never knew could ever be part of living. Placing a limit on our dreams denies us the requisite fuel that we need to embark on the adventure that births great success stories. We have been blessed with the capacity to have limitless dreams. Do not place a limit on what you could achieve. Do not question your self-worth. You are unique in your way. And the fact that you are here is a big testament that you have something you can give to the world.

When you put a lid on your dreams, your sky ends up becoming your ceiling.

For more:
https://anekearinzeblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigerianman Jail For 6 Years Without A Trial After He's Arrested Where He Echarg / Prime Reasons Of Considering Laser Rejuvenation For Your Skin / How To Plan The Custom Sheet Metal Project Effectively?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.