Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,058 members, 7,946,612 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

2,683 COVID-19 Patients Refused To Be Admitted – Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2,683 COVID-19 Patients Refused To Be Admitted – Lagos (188 Views)

Lagos Discharges Four More COVID-19 Patients / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2,683 COVID-19 Patients Refused To Be Admitted – Lagos by mamotalk: 6:46am On Jun 30, 2020
The Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Prof . Akin Abayomi, has said 2, 683 COVID -19 patients in the state have not turned up for admission after their test came out positive.
Abayomi disclosed this on his Twitter handle , @ ProfAkinAbayomi, saying the patients out of fear of stigmatisation or ignorance refused to show up at the isolation centres.
At a briefing on Monday at Alausa , Abayomi said the patients could decide to be treated at home under the supervision of the state ministry of health.
“ They have been informed of their status and they have decided that they won’ t wish to be admitted. So, they have made it difficult for us to find them , the evacuation team has been trying to call them , once they know our phone number, they stopped picking our calls . When we go to their homes to collect them , they are not there.
“ If we are diagnosing 250 every day , we need to move to several locations in one day . If a person doesn’ t wish to be admitted, it is very difficult to enforce it. However, what we have observed is that when you know your status and you start to feel unwell , people voluntarily walk into the isolation centres and present themselves with their COVID -19 test result so that they will be admitted, ” Abayomi said.
The commissioner added that the state had begun home treatment for COVID -19 patients and currently had over 500 patients in the state ’ s isolation centres.
The health commissioner predicted that by August the number of confirmed COVID -19 case in Lagos State might hit between 90 , 000 and 120, 000 .
“ I did say about six weeks ago that we might see between 90 , 000 and 120, 000 cases of COVID -19 in Lagos State by August. What we think is that for every one person that is diagnosed with the virus, there are probably 10 more in the community that we have not diagnosed , ” he said.
https://punchng.com/2683-covid-19-patients-refused-to-be-admitted-lagos/
Re: 2,683 COVID-19 Patients Refused To Be Admitted – Lagos by Brandstudio01: 6:51am On Jun 30, 2020
Please blame me
Re: 2,683 COVID-19 Patients Refused To Be Admitted – Lagos by jidamsel43(m): 6:53am On Jun 30, 2020
Where are they?

It means that we have been cohabiting with Covid-19 patients in Lagos state.

The government should do the needful and arrest the situation.

people are so amusing.

Why succumbed yourself for testing when you wouldn't go to isolation centres
Re: 2,683 COVID-19 Patients Refused To Be Admitted – Lagos by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:54am On Jun 30, 2020
Please arrest them by force. They must not spread it to the community.

1 Like

Re: 2,683 COVID-19 Patients Refused To Be Admitted – Lagos by realstars: 7:02am On Jun 30, 2020
This Is Nigeria And We Do It Our Way.
Re: 2,683 COVID-19 Patients Refused To Be Admitted – Lagos by FlordFlorez(m): 7:14am On Jun 30, 2020
I wont blame them. Apart from the stigmatization factor, what about the deteroriating condition of isolation center. Left for me, i would do the same but take the option of being treated at home especially with the fact that i'm younger with working immune system, thus better chance of surviving.

(1) (Reply)

12 Ways To Overcome Extreme Anxiety / Dandruff Causes And Natural Treatments / German Army To Use Dogs To Detect COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.