Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,965 members, 7,946,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use (4207 Views)

Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market / Trader Shot Dead At Ogbete Market, Enugu During Protest (Graphic Photos) / Omo-Agege Sponsoring Pensioners Protest Against Okowa - Governmemt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by jaybenugo: 2:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
Enugu MoW&I Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Structural Defects, Safe For Public Use On Completion (Photos)

…Explains there are no cracks but a designed construction joint at mid span pier

IgbereTV reports that the Enugu State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure has reacted to what it described as “a mischievous and false graphic illustration of crack” on the ongoing Pedestrian Crossing Bridge, at Ogbete Main Market, Enugu, trending on social media.

In a statement, shortly after reassessing the project to re-ascertain its structural integrity following the public outcry over the misleading images on social media, the Ministry maintained that “the bridge structure is intact” stressing the picture showing a crack was misleading and does not represents the true image of the structure.

The Ministry explained that there is no crack on the pedestrian bride but “a designed construction joint at mid span pier which is applicable to other similar bridges”.

According to the Ministry, “there are no structural defects from the stair flights through the landings to the beams, and down through the piers to the foundation”.

It therefore, advised those behind the misleading and false pictures on social media to always seek clarifications from the State Ministry of Works and Infrastructure.

https://igberetvnews.com/1356481/enugu-mowi-says-ogbete-pedestrian-bridge-structural-defects-safe-public-use-completion-photos/

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by Margy: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
Sister Gloria... You media team are really working!

What a useless governor

9 Likes

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by donbachi(m): 2:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
Until lives are taken..useless leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by Dyke15(m): 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
D worst thing to happen to Enugu is dis idiot. He took Enugu 70 steps back out of 100. U guys should 4get about d online hype coz dey re paid to do so just lyk Zone B's

11 Likes

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by BlackfireX: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
Yes I saw the pictures ...

But I will believe the Enugu govt , the bridge is okay.
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by leofab(f): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
Imagine risking lives just to score political points
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by NwaNimo1(m): 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2020
Silly people.....how can you design a bridge with an 'expansion joint' with no elastic material (mastic) within it?

It concrete expands onto concrete its will crack/fracture/bow!

or is air meant to expand and contract?

.........Elasticity no dey curriculum again?

Unbelievable!

That bridge needs removing asap - it's better they put traffic lights there if a simple bridge they cannot construct.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by itsIYKE(m): 4:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Vhj
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by BigBelleControl(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Why does it look like they used super glue to join it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by itsIYKE(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Fix it asap
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by calenxio: 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
If this thing collapse it will be triple tragedy; for the people on the bridge, the people under the bridge and the road below the bridge.
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by Olayinka8793(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Take the government serious at your own risk.
Better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by itsIYKE(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Bk
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by supercase1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2020
Nigeria my country
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
Sadly, we don't have a governor in Enugu State

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by kiddkash(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
let them be the first to use it

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by selfdefence: 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
wow, so its fake news please who has plied that bridge to confirm for us?
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by longsnake(m): 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
since this shit is none of my businesse, I go in peace.
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by jericco1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
Shitty country, until people die as a result of their maladministration which will lead them to deny admitting the bridge being safe for people to use. Gross incompetence undecided
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by dammywapes(m): 4:22pm On Jun 30, 2020
9ja i hail una government no dey carry last for managing, I pity d traders that sells under d bridge
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by YorubaKinging: 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
Igbo amaka
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by Ayemileto(m): 4:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
grin

I think the picture they are calling fake is actually real.

The only picture of that part they uploaded was taken far away from the bridge and at an angle where you can't compare it with the previous one.
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
this people, they think its by using big words?

crack wey even the blind can see, they are trying to use grammar to insult themselves onyiara
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by Martini101(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
Enugu State is indeed in the hand of God
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by Kobicove(m): 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2020
The government needs to hurry and pass the Social Media bill so that there will be a basis for punishing people who concoct and circulate false stories angry
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by double77: 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
Margy:
Sister Gloria... You media team are really working!

What a useless governor
Igbo Made bridge lol
lol everything is in the east

1 Like

Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by izzy4shizzy(m): 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
I can liken this situation to when you go to a friends house and a giant dog is there staring at you and your friend says "come inside, e no go do you anything" well me I will be like "come inside kii you there"
Re: Enugu Governmemt Says Ogbete Pedestrian Bridge Has No Defects, Safe For Use by flejnr(f): 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
What a governor and his media crew.. I was there yesterday when they were trying to patch that part going bad already. I mercy for ugwuanyi and efcc after his government , the young man has a lot of Case to answer, the newly built Nike/emene link road commissioned just last month is already dilapidated already and you guys were quick to blame blockage of drainages for a road nearly a month old, round the whole town is filling of potholes and it’s even taking you people weeks to fill ordinary potholes with the rough patches you guys are doing there to the extent that the road was even better while bad than now you guys are working it. Let’s salvage political lifestyles and tell our self the truth ugwuanyi is the worst to have ever mount the mantle of leadership in Enugu state , both civil servants are crying of no more leave allowance and Working hazard pay by this same governor , only in his tenure have I seen the whole town coming out to criticize a governor. It’s quite a shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila: Gas Holds Key Potential For Nigeria's Economy / . / My Observations So Far On Tinubu's Campaign In The SW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.