Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,620 members, 7,911,622 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Don’t Nigerians Like Buying On Websites?? I Don’t Get It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Don’t Nigerians Like Buying On Websites?? I Don’t Get It (271 Views)

Why Don’t Nigerians Leave Reviews? / What's Your Experience Like Buying A Used Laptop? / Current Exchange Rate For Buying On Aliexpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Don’t Nigerians Like Buying On Websites?? I Don’t Get It by Thathustler(f): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2020
Good morning guys. So I have been putting somethings together as I will be launching my business soon and I would love to have an E-commerce store. I noticed that on Instagram, most stores will tell you to DM to purchase or Send a WhatsApp message to purchase. Only a few of them have websites and even at that, they still have the option of WhatsApp and DM to purchase which I think isn’t professional and it’s stressful due to the fact that you have to always be online to take orders and reply inquiries. From lil research, an average Nigerian would prefer to buy via DM or WhatsApp than to navigate through a website. Purchasing on a website screams stress and long process to many, and if you don’t have a way of taking orders via DMs, you will lose customers to competitors that make taking orders “easy”

For my business, I am actually indifferent, Though I would like to have a website so I can take orders and make money 24/7 without someone being there online to reply before I make money.
Why do you guys think Nigerians don’t like purchasing on websites? What can I as a new business owner do to keep things professional and at the same time provide ease of payment to my customers.

(I peeped on some websites that one could pay through direct bank transfer if the normal credit card payment isn’t going through or you don’t want to reveal your card details. Does anyone know how that works?

1 Like

Re: Why Don’t Nigerians Like Buying On Websites?? I Don’t Get It by XXXXTENTACION: 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
It all boils down to trust.

you know nigeria is filled with scammers and yahoo boys so we don't trust does websites.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Petrol Price Increased / Best 2020 Business / Money Magnet Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.