Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,914 members, 7,879,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:19 AM

Edo Election Is Not An Obaseki Election, But For The People Of South South- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election Is Not An Obaseki Election, But For The People Of South South- Wike (202 Views)

Be Ready For Repercussions On Refusal To Give PDP Chairmanship To South- Wike / Obaseki: Election Losers Exploiting Herders/Farmers Crisis In Edo / Edo2020: Between An Obaseki And Ize Iyamu Supporter (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo Election Is Not An Obaseki Election, But For The People Of South South- Wike by maureenihasee(f): 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
Edo election is not an Obaseki election, but for the people of South South- Governor Wike
https://www.theonlineparrots.com/2020/07/edo-election-is-not-obaseki-election.html
Rivers state governor , Nyesom Wike , was on a live interview with AIT, today July 1, 2020. Where he talked about the issues in Edo state. Says the election is for the South South, Also assured all the governors from the South South state will be in Edo to support Governor Obaseki.

There would no intimidation in Edo election, the people must choose who they want, All the South South Governors would be in Edo State to support our brother Governor, APC has never been a political party, it’s a collection of people that come together to fight Jonathan, that’s why they can’t agree. Edo people rejected Ize-Iyamu in the last election because they saw he wouldn’t be a good governor. Edo ejection is not an Obaseki election but for the people of the South South. It is time for the South South to dieback one voice. We are interested in taking over the reigns of government and save Nigeria from this calamity.

The governor also talked about the his project in Rivers state, And also assured that he won’t be in control of his successor;

31 other state were refunded their money spent on Federal roads since 2018. I questioned the process as Rivers state had done all its documentation. The FEC approved the funds and the Rivers Executive Council sat and agreed to appreciate Mr President. The refund has been approved although the money hasn’t been paid. The appreciation letter was sent over 3 weeks ago but just decided to advertise it. It included project done from the time of Dr Odili till my tenure. If you do good for us, we appreciate you but if you don’t we speak up.

I don’t believe in hand picking a successor, that’s what is causing problems in most states, I am working in my second tenure the same way I worked in my first tenure because i believe I am elected to focus on developing the state for the complete 8 years. I would leave in the 29th of May 2013 and after then I wouldn’t see myself as Governor but as a statesman.
SOURCE; https://www.theonlineparrots.com/

(1) (Reply)

Help The Street Gates Are Causing Problems In Lagos State . / Niger APC Pass Vote Of No Confidence On Chairman, Appoints 3 Others / Oh Nigeria,our Nation Is Fast Declining!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.