Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,313 members, 7,887,936 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:44 PM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (71245 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by eRex(m): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2020
ledaman:
If it going to be boring then you can woo her, did she complained to you? Do you know the level of a spiritual connection with her God? Stupid assumption from an slowpoke.

A very childish comment that can never end without an insult meanwhile talking about spiritual connection with God.

Well I will waste no time on u
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by usbcable(m): 9:10am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
1992 pikin still be child maybe na the way I take reason the matter.

Thanks anyway.
Yes you are still a baby with the post
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Romanoff(f): 9:12am On Jul 05, 2020
obinoral1179:
Iost my dad 26 years ago and my mum make sure we all got graduated and recently she is starting to find love with another man and she calls the man ADEMI, we the boys alway tease her of her new found love and we are happy for her as long she is happy..... May you find a suitable hubby for mummy...

Amin o

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ledaman: 9:13am On Jul 05, 2020
eRex:

A very childish comment that can never end without an insult meanwhile talking about spiritual connection with God.

Well I will waste no time on u
Truth is bitter!
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by makydebbie(f): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2020
doggedfighter:
People want women to spend all their lives mourning the dead while men remarry after few months.

Oh the misogyny stinks!
Sisssssssssssss let's drink the male tears in this thread. I love when women rebel.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by bugativeron: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2020
Good morning poster,
I will want to stay facts here rather than attacking you.
1. Your girlfriend has not done anything to warrant this sort of thoughts to the extent of thinking to cut off, such a deep thinking woman.
2. I appreciate your love for your Dad, it shows you are ready to protect his inheritance and memory.
3. Three, your mother is still very young at 52, if she lives till 82, that is 30 years of lonely life, more than he lived with your father.
4. Loneliness especially at old age kills more than illness.
5. Your girl is futuristic in thinking but you are focus on present.
6. Have you asked yourself who will stay with your mum in case you move away to some where far away, eg abroad.
7. Elderly people are susceptible to illness as they grow, and they need a partner to go through the journey with.

Think about these few points and many more when you are alone.
Pls, dont cut of your relationship because of this, may be for another reason, but not this.
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by mabea: 9:20am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
them no go understand Sha, na me been wear the shoe that day hear wetin she talk, maybe na out of ignorance she take talk amm but seriously from my side which I won't mention..... family members will think u were never loyal throughout those long period....haba! over 30 with a son
No be say hungry dey worry u or ur husband family ain't accommodating.... She might not even be the type cause no one knows tomorrow....it all depends on an individual mindset though.
I broke up with her not even because of that.....that one is a personal matter but the issue of my mum getting another man was really confusing so I wanted to hear more, explore and learn more about marriage which is all about sacrifice.
Young man you are too selfish. You also reason like a kid. Your gf is more mature than you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Omeji: 9:21am On Jul 05, 2020
From my own understanding, what she meant to say is that she will like to be your mother's companion since she is lonely. Thats why she told you to marry a man for your mother. That man is SHE.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by makydebbie(f): 9:21am On Jul 05, 2020
Foodqueen:
The truth is sometimes when some girls don't av any reasonable thing to say, they spew rubbish. It's in their DNA.

You're on this table, look at the rubbish you just spew. You must be the one who birth girls that spill rubbish because you're on some queenly shiit in this. Radarada oshi.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by bugativeron: 9:23am On Jul 05, 2020
With this your neco age, it shows you are a baby, with your reasoning, it shows you are even more a baby, 52yrs old
NECO1998:
I must commend the young man for this write up. Also, I want to use this opportunity to tell him to maintain what ever decision he chose to take irrespective of the condemnation from some Nairalanders. Again, it goes to show the writer has something 'upstairs' Vis a vis the type of wife he wants. Young man I salute your courage! At 52 years, I don't think a widow should be encouraged to remarry except if she chooses to remarry. After all, she has seen all in marriage. What was the business of that young girl telling the young man to persuade his mother to remarry? Is she not too young for that? Can't she control her tongue? What does she know about marriage? There is the saying that when your neighbour's house is on fire,you put yourself in your neighbour's situation. What I could decipher from the young girl statement is that: 1. She may not be able to endure the 'heat' in marriage 2.She is too talkative 3. She does not mind her business 4. She is not a wife material for a serious minded person.
The reason for the high rate of divorce today is because very many young men refused to think properly like the young man. They think love is what that matters in marriage. At last, break up. Men should look before they leap.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by franugo(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say

This is the second time you're using ground children....and here I was thinking it was a mistake the first time...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the suggestion your gf gave, honestly you are the one dts supposed to be championing ur mum having company, what exactly does she do on her own when you're in school??

Its grandchildren by the way..
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by eRex(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2020
ledaman:
Truth is bitter!
r

Kindly highlight your supposed "Truth".

I shared a firsthand experience and you call me a slowpoke.

I reserve my comment.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by franugo(m): 9:28am On Jul 05, 2020
Omeji:
From my own understanding, what she meant to say is that she will like to be your mother's companion since she is lonely. Thats why she told you to marry a man for your mother. That man is SHE.

SMH...seriously SMH
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Prymestrr(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2020
gunners160:

shey u dey mind that small boy? I wonder how comes he happens to b dating such an intelligent lady? She only made a suggestion and he took it 2 heart like a kid. Too bad he attends a university where I graduated from long time ago
It will appear more dull people are now the students in Universities this days. JAMB in their irresponsible wisdom, keeps reducing the benchmark for academic excellence cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by franugo(m): 9:30am On Jul 05, 2020
makydebbie:

Oh the misogyny stinks!
Sisssssssssssss let's drink the male tears in this thread. I love when women rebel.

Lol...we aren't all misogynists babe..I doubt the op knows what misogyny is so I truly don't think dts d op's angle..his reasoning is just narrow minded and limited is all
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by franugo(m): 9:33am On Jul 05, 2020
mabea:
Young man you are too selfish. You also reason like a kid. Your gf is more mature than you.

He reasons like someone in junior secondary school...it's like people don't understand dt loneliness can actually kill.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ledaman: 9:33am On Jul 05, 2020
eRex:
r

Kindly highlight your supposed "Truth".

I shared a firsthand experience and you call me a slowpoke.

I reserve my comment.
Am sorry for my comment* slow poke*
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by mabea: 9:37am On Jul 05, 2020
franugo:

He reasons like someone in junior secondary school...it's like people don't understand dt loneliness can actually kill.
Yeah he just wants his mum all to himself not minding her own happiness too even when he is not always going to be around at all times. Imagine what will happen when she's up to seventy with no one around.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by doggedfighter(f): 9:41am On Jul 05, 2020
makydebbie:

Oh the misogyny stinks!
Enough of their stinking rubbish.
The cheek of it !!!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by nuelyoyo(m): 9:44am On Jul 05, 2020
franchasng:
[s]Your girlfriend is one of the modern Nigerian feminists trying to copy American lifestyle, discard her, let her go and marry men of her kind; Hushpuppi or Hushpapa aka Buhari angry

Modern feminists love sex and dick more than anything. They maybe pretending to love their job or career, behind that fake love for career or job, is a wild lady who will break any man's dick in the oza room angry

All that runs through the minds of a modern Nigerian feminist is sex, which big dick to ride, which fine boy to crush on. Which successful guys dick to click next, and how to continue looking like old mama youngie even at 60yrs so that they can keep getting small fvckboys to demolish their shrinked pussy[/s] angry
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by franugo(m): 9:45am On Jul 05, 2020
iwinnie:

Don't mind the poster, as if his mom is not a human being.
if its a man now he would have remarried since.
this life
poster don't judge your girl because of what she suggested, you should be good now because of your moms response.

Not all men remarry...I know of a friend's dad dt has refused to remarry after his wife died several years ago. The difference here tho is dt there are children in the house so he isn't really lonely, just lacking companionship.

Op's mom might actually want some level of companionship but may be afraid of what society will think/say, cause as I'm sure you know, we're very backward and insensitive in this country.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by franugo(m): 9:47am On Jul 05, 2020
franchasng:
Your girlfriend is one of the modern Nigerian feminists trying to copy American lifestyle, discard her, let her go and marry men of her kind; Hushpuppi or Hushpapa aka Buhari angry

Modern feminists love sex and dick more than anything. They maybe pretending to love their job or career, behind that fake love for career or job, is a wild lady who will break any man's dick in the oza room angry

All that runs through the minds of a modern Nigerian feminist is sex, which big dick to ride, which fine boy to crush on. Which successful guys dick to click next, and how to continue looking like old mama youngie even at 60yrs so that they can keep getting small fvckboys demolish their shrinked pussy angry

Please obtain some sense...I beg of you
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 9:56am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say

OP u will soon realise what she said was a good advice and not out of staying celibate and not being able to mourn ur dad
My dad passed away about 15 yrs ago when we were still young.
Now we re all grown up I ve two younger sis and the last born is in 200L.
Anytime she goes to school it is just mum and my grandma that is always at home. I ve been thinking lately if grandma dies then what is going to happen.
Is mum going to be d only one at home and we re all far from home.

What would happen to her afterwards is really getting me scared.
If it is possible for me to advise her to remarry, sincerely I will cos loneliness kills.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by pri4life(f): 10:20am On Jul 05, 2020
[quote author=Mvici post=91273850]I am a man and it is written that men are polygamous in nature and can marry as many as they like even in the old testament we see great men that marry more than one....but I tell u with the way I love that girl before, eventually had it been we later marry...and we had a son, we even spent 30yrs which I know by then i would be probably 60somthing.... seriously I won't really think much GOING THROUGH YOUR WRITE UPS AND REPLIES, I HAVE THIS CONCLUSION FOR YOU. YOU ARE STILL A CHILD.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by felizo145(m): 10:21am On Jul 05, 2020
She's a good girl,. ..cherish her. You can never know the value of what you have until you lose it
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by victorian(f): 10:28am On Jul 05, 2020
Op, let your mom live in peace. You think to get married again to a man is child's play? It's lots of work. And at 56? Trust me, she's not ready to go down that lane again.
My dad died before my mum at age 90 years, my mum was 55years back then. She was always alone, either cooking my meals and gisting with me as my chat buddy whenever I got back from work. Sometimes I get to see her reading her Bible. One day I asked her mummy, are u not lonely? Don't u want a man to keep you company? She smiled. She shook her head and said no. She is not ready for man wahala and she happy and peaceful seeing me working and getting myself together. That I'm the one who's suppose to marry, she has lived her life and no man can replace my dad. She's not just ready for any man issues. That I should marry and give her grandchildren.
I sighed, I said OK mom.

She looks peaceful living alone without a man and she died peacefully,5years later.

Op just leave your mom Abeg. Let her live her remaining life in peace.

Then your gf? Let her know mom is not getting married, end of discussion.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Samsonklin(m): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2020
chinchonglee:
U re definitely a child.

Ur GF was only suggesting something, since ur mom told you her opinion let the matter die already... Stop assuming nonsense

You are right chief. The guy is assuming big rubbish. The girl was only suggesting because she cares about the moms mentality and health. I don't know what the guy is thinking sef.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by kcij(f): 10:34am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I am a man and it is written that men are polygamous in nature and can marry as many as they like even in the old testament we see great men that marry more than one....but I tell u with the way I love that girl before, eventually had it been we later marry...and we had a son, we even spent 30yrs which I know by then i would be probably 60somthing.... seriously I won't really think much of another woman

Story story story... Love ke
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by NNAMDIII(m): 10:36am On Jul 05, 2020
My mum married my dad 26 years ago, my old man went overboard 17years ago and I can never be angry if my mum decides to re marry or have an affair, op u still be small pikin oo

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by omoharry(f): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.
Would you do same if it were the other way round?Would you be able to remain married to your dead wife till you get old and leave this world . You sound like a selfish human being .. a typical man that is a product of our hostile society and their expectation of widows . You do not know what your mum goes through with loneliness . You are only concern about your feelings and not your what your mother want in her inner mind .

I believe if you had ask Mumsy what does she think about remarrying or having a companion then you would have known what she really want .
You are selfish and your girl friend is a nice person with a loving heart .She shouldn’t marry someone like you and you don’t deserve her.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by kiddkash(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2020
you are a child. you haven't experienced life especially on the streets
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by kiddkash(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2020
Ningen:
Sorry to say, but the dead are dead.
And the world moves on.

It's okay for a 52yr old widow to seek for a man.
It's not all about pleasure but companionship.
Social interaction is key to mental health.

You shouldn't lose trust in your girlfriend.
She said nothing wrong.

In her own way, she cares about your mum.
what is dead may never die

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Rhoda Ameh And Sunday Agbo Wedding At Lagos Beach / Talk Sense Into My Head Plssss... / Uju Anya Gets Engaged To Her Lesbian Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.