Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,880 members, 7,872,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:30 AM

George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! (5113 Views)

Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Cop Who Killed 80-Year-Old Woman In Adamawa / George Floyd: Minnesota Police Officers Fired After Death Of Unarmed Black Man / Mexican Cop Who Arrested Ovidio Guzman Killed With 155 Rounds (Pics/Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Xigima: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2020
The FBI has just released more details about ALEX KUENG, the half cast police officer who was the first to get to the scene of the George Floyd saga and who was actually the one who arrested George Floyd and got him out of his car. His mother is White American and his dad was a Nigerian !

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/27/us/minneapolis-police-officer-kueng.html

MINNEAPOLIS — There were two black men at the scene of the police killing in Minneapolis last month that roiled the nation. One, George Floyd, was sprawled on the asphalt, with a white officer’s knee on his neck. The other black man, Alex Kueng, was a rookie police officer who held his back as Mr. Floyd struggled to breathe.

The arrest of Mr. Kueng, whose mother is white and whose father was from Nigeria, has brought anguish to his friends and family. “It’s a gut punch,” Ms. Kueng said. “Here you are, you’ve raised this child, you know who he is inside and out. We’re such a racially diverse family. To be wrapped up in a racially motivated incident like this is just unfathomable.”

Two of Mr. Kueng’s siblings, Taylor and Radiance, both of whom are African-American, called for the arrests of all four officers, including their brother. They joined protests in Minneapolis.

Mr. Floyd, whose name has been painted on murals and scrawled on protest signs, has been laid to rest. Mr. Kueng, who faces charges of aiding and abetting in Mr. Floyd’s death, is out on bail, hounded at the supermarket by strangers and denounced by some family members.

Long before Mr. Kueng was arrested, he had wrestled with the issue of police abuse of black people, joining the force in part to help protect people close to him from police aggression. He argued that diversity could force change in a Police Department long accused of racism.

As hundreds of thousands of people demonstrated against the police after Mr. Floyd’s killing on May 25, Mr. Kueng became part of a national debate over police violence toward black people, a symbol of the very sort of policing he had long said he wanted to stop.

Derek Chauvin, the officer who placed his knee on Mr. Floyd’s neck for more than eight minutes, has been most widely associated with the case. He faces charges of second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter; Mr. Kueng and two other former officers were charged with aiding and abetting the killing. At 26, Mr. Kueng was the youngest and least experienced officer at the scene, on only his third shift as a full officer.

In a Facebook Live video, Taylor Kueng, 21, appeared with the head of the local N.A.A.C.P. to speak of the injustice that befell Mr. Floyd, acknowledging being related to Mr. Kueng but never mentioning his name.

Mr. Kueng’s sister Radiance posted a video of Mr. Floyd’s final minutes on Facebook. “Just broke my heart,” she wrote. In an interview, she said that as a black man, her brother should have intervened. She said she planned to change her last name in part because she did not want to be associated with her brother’s actions.
“I don’t care if it was his third day at work or not,” she said. “He knows right from wrong.”

When Mr. Jones’s mother died in 2008, Ms. Kueng took him in for as long as a month at a time.
By high school, Mr. Kueng had found soccer, and soon that was all he wanted to do. He became captain of the soccer team; he wanted to turn pro. The quote next to his senior yearbook picture proclaimed, “We ignore failures and strive for success.”
Mr. Kueng went to Monroe College in New Rochelle, N.Y., to play soccer and study business. But after surgery on both knees, soccer proved impossible. Mr. Kueng quit. Back in Minneapolis, he enrolled in technical college and supported himself catching shoplifters at Macy’s. By February 2019, Mr. Kueng had made up his mind: He signed up as a police cadet.

Ms. Kueng said she was nervous when her son wanted to become a police officer because of concern for his safety and the troubled relationship between the Minneapolis police and residents.Credit...Victor J. Blue for The New York Times

In December, Mr. Kueng graduated from the police academy. For most of his field training, Mr. Chauvin, with 19 years on the job, was his training officer. On May 25, Mr. Kueng’s third day on the job, Mr. Kueng and Mr. Lane, now partnered up despite both being freshly minted rookies, were the first officers to answer a call of a counterfeit $20 bill being passed at a corner store. They found Mr. Floyd in a car outside.

After they failed to get Mr. Floyd into the back of a squad car, Mr. Chauvin and Tou Thao, another officer, showed up.
As Mr. Chauvin jammed his knee into the back of Mr. Floyd’s neck, Mr. Kueng held down Mr. Floyd’s back, according to a probable cause statement filed by prosecutors.

Mr. Chauvin kept his knee there as Mr. Floyd repeated “I can’t breathe” and “mama” and “please.” Through the passing minutes, Mr. Kueng did nothing to intervene, prosecutors say. After Mr. Floyd stopped moving, Mr. Kueng checked Mr. Floyd’s pulse. “I couldn’t find one,” Mr. Kueng told the other officers.

A day after Mr. Floyd’s death, Mr. Jones learned that Mr. Kueng was one of the officers who had been present. Around midnight, Mr. Jones called Mr. Kueng. They talked for 40 minutes — about what, Mr. Jones would not say — and they cried.
“I’m feeling a lot of sadness and a lot of disappointment,” Mr. Jones said. “A lot of us believe he should have stepped in and should have done something.”

He added: “It’s really hard. Because I do have those feelings and I won’t say I don’t. But though I feel sad about what’s occurred, he still has my unwavering support. Because we grew up together, and I love him.”
Mr. Jones said he had gone to the protests but could not bring himself to join in.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by baltty: 6:17am On Jul 02, 2020
The is really shocking. But how come no mention is made of which part of Nigeria his dad was from.

Ship your Car, Goods and Household Items in Neliss Canada's MONTHLY CONTAINER from Montreal, CANADA to Lagos, NIGERIA. The next Container leaves on August 05, 2020 !

www.canadanigeriashipping.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvs-L2sfbE

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by setobaba: 6:17am On Jul 02, 2020
That’s not him
Lie

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 02, 2020
baltty:
The is really shocking. But how come no mention is made of which part of Nigeria his dad was from.
Because it does fit their narrative. The liberals just wanted to stir the sheep black community for votes. There are many other facts that they've decided to bury.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 02, 2020
baltty:
Because it does fit their narrative. The liberals just wanted to stir the sheep black community for votes. There are many other facts that they've decided to bury.

Obviously, this is not the murderer but one of the accomplices. Two of them were actually new recruits and it was their Fourth day on the job, if they told you this, wouldn't you look at it from the perspective of "inexperienced policemen". But they buried the fact cause, saying it is racially motivated sells.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Kriss216: 7:05am On Jul 02, 2020
He's an American!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 02, 2020
When tension hit some one he starts saying what it is not, and long write up does not prove he is right, they should investigate him more before publish the news... but if it is true that means America force needs to check them self medically they really need it.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Mathiasa(m): 7:58am On Jul 02, 2020
Why push the bad eggs to us? Pls he is not a Nigerian. Na American man simple.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by mysticwarrior(m): 8:10am On Jul 02, 2020
I can't really figure what ethnic group in Nigeria bears the name 'kung' can somebody, anybody tell me something I don't know?
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by mygreenday(m): 8:12am On Jul 02, 2020
So what?
why trying to sound so dramatic?
what is SHOCKING about having a Nigerian dad or being a Nigerian?
I am a Nigerian too. are you shocked?

shock kee you there?
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Tillatalk: 8:53am On Jul 02, 2020
Everything na nigeria.. nawa oo
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by baltty: 9:11am On Jul 02, 2020
mysticwarrior:
I can't really figure what ethnic group in Nigeria bears the name 'kung' can somebody, anybody tell me something I don't know?

"Kueng" is not his dad's name but his mum's maiden name. He was named after his mum's family.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Jakemedg(m): 9:14am On Jul 02, 2020
Nigerian hmm interesting
Floyd's murder was a case of Police brutality and not race but the American media knows attributing his death to racism would sell
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:41am On Jul 02, 2020
He's not Nigerian. He only has a Nigerian blood.

A Nigerian bloodline that has never stepped his/her foot on the Nigerian soil is not a Nigerian! undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by OBUAFI: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2020
Na wow oooooooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by MikeBetty(m): 11:53am On Jul 02, 2020
This Post Serves No Purpose. Even If The Guy Who Arrested Floyd Is A Nigerian Or A Black, Was He The One That Killed/knelt On His Neck? What A Stupid Sentiment Is The Op Trying To Brew? Here In Nigeria Will Igbo Allow A Criminal Who Committed A Crime To Escape Becuse He Is Fellow Igbo? Or Will A Yoruba Allow A Criminal To Escape Because He Is Fellow Yoruba? They Were On Official Duty And A White Racist Killed A Black Doesn't Mean The Black That Arrested Fellow Black Should Be Crusified.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Hotspotbro(m): 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
mysticwarrior:
only Chinese names are like that

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by SpicyMimi(f): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
Wow! but he wasn't the one who knelt on him though.

By the way, we have clearance sales for men's wears -50% discount off! Check my profile for pics and prices.

Samsung Galaxy fit E! For 15k only!

Contact me, using my number below to get yours fast!

Just 10 left!!!
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by baltty: 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kriss216:
He's an American!

He's American by birth, but dont forget that origin is what matters most. By origin he is NIGERIAN ! And as it is, he can carry a Nigerian passport if he so desires.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
He is American fullstop with a Nigerian runaway father.
Nigeria is not a dumping ground for everything negative.

Today, average American is scared of Russians and Nigerians, yes Nigerians.

Scared of Russians for brutality and Nigerians for internet fraud. Just say you're a Nigerian and see everyone adjust to keep their wallets safe because of credit cards.

There is a fake online store that claim to sell covid19 supplies and till today, the store never delivered a single supply people have ordered. It has just been discovered that scammers are behind the online store and guess what, someone has already mentioned Nigerians to my hearing.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by porka: 2:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
Black Lives Matter has nothing to do with the lives of the black people. It has nothing to do with George Floyd's death.

Black Lives Matter is an organization founded by three homosexual black women. One of the major aims is to propagate homosexuality agenda among blacks since black people across the world are mostly conservatives. How come such an organization was founded when a black president was in office? A feat that was touted as an advanced progress in racial relations.

They merely hijacked George Floyd's assassination case to further their sinister plot. They want to be seen fighting for black causes but that is not their ultimate goal. The ultimate goal is to infuse their disturbing messages into black issues. They are aiming at entering the blacks through the back door.

George Floyd was murdered by a criminal in police uniform. The murderer should be tried and sentenced accordingly.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Mayng01(m): 2:20pm On Jul 02, 2020
The rest is just the story for the gods. Rip Floyd.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Xigima: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
Who knows. Maybe the guy has been waiting for an opportunity to come visit his fatherland and has never had it.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by exposition: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
Which part of Nigeria bears that surname?
I just want to confirm please
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
The other cops only lost their jobs.

The only cop being prosecuted for his killing is the white cop who knelt on his neck.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by thunderfirebubu: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nawa oo..
Let's design your website for you at affordable rates. We also advertise your products on social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Google etc.) pls check signature for details
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by baltty: 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
RonaldoVido:
The other cops only lost their jobs.

The only cop being prosecuted for his killing is the white cop who knelt on his neck.

All the cops are been prosecuted in addition to losing their jobs. But they are been prosecuted according to their levels of involvement in the mishap.
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by baltty: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2020
exposition:

The name is his mother's name. She is white while his dad is Nigerian
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by Xigima: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
exposition:

The name sounds like a Plateau State name but it appears it is actually Scandanavian from his mother's side.

RIP to George
Re: George Floyd: SHOCKING! The Police Cop Who Arrested Floyd Is NIGERIAN (Photos)!! by baltty: 4:20am On Jul 05, 2020
Xigima:

The name sounds like a Plateau State name but it appears it is actually Scandanavian from his mother's side.

RIP to George

It sounds more like a Rivers state name.

(1) (2) (Reply)

[PICS + VIDEO] Nigerian Slay Queen Stripped N@ked For Stealing At A Jewelry Shop / See How Naija Man Sleeps & Relaxes On Police Car While Arguing With Them Canada / Accident Today At Unizik Junction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.