Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,115 members, 7,880,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:43 PM

Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu (24161 Views)

Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu Bags WHO Appointment As Assistant DG / Large Religious Gathering Spreading Covid - PTF / Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Shedrack777: 9:15am On Jul 03, 2020
Jakemedg:
"We spread to the olds because they're the real thieves "
Who are the we? Is your old dad and mom also a thief?
who taught you english in school? or did you scale through with mal-practice?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by ayoblinks(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2020
BREYZ:
Oya, come tie all the youths down now then lock us up. Na iberibe dey worry this man instead of you to do your job you are looking for who to blame, before you know it there will be a new directive targeted at the Youths/young people.
Guy no kill me with laugh na grin grin cheesy

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Seunn11: 9:17am On Jul 03, 2020
THEIR UPDATE IS SAME AS WHO/NWO UPDATE.
Very soon, their police will start to attack the age bracket.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by deltateam: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2020
Opiosko:
Let the 20 - 40 take over the leadership of the nation

Abi? By the way, youths are the leaders of tomorrow has kept grandfathers in leadership till now.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2020
Hahaha,they will start killing the youths since you all have refused to die out of poverty caused by corruption...
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Entom(m): 9:36am On Jul 03, 2020
A good division of labour
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by eyinjuege: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2020
Aboki99:
This is serious! But my trouble with Nigeria is data unreliability. As far as covid 19 is concerned, Nig copies and pastes from other countries. No decisions of their own.

Most times, they follow advice from the WHO.
WHO has always been very supportive of Nigeria's healthcare challenges decades before covid.
And it's not really about copying other countries becasue it's only common sense to copy any country's model thats able to control covid.
If Ebola was the pandemic, many countries would follow how Nigeria curtailed it, because we had good success (probably due to a lot of luck too, and the high index of suspicion of the late Dr Adadevoh)
Definitely not America or even Britain's models are anything to go by, so hopefully we won't follow theirs.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by FLYFIRE(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2020
FRAUDSTERS

1 Share

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by authority2006(m): 9:47am On Jul 03, 2020
jidamsel43:
There you go again

I know you people will say something just to show that you are really working.

When you are done, you will declare Nigeria free of covid19

I guess you don't believe covid-19 is here in Nigeria?

And yeah, I remember your username from a thread yesterday. You had same opinion. I fear your mindset, really!

awesomely:
To say that Nigerians are observing physical distancing, is like saying Arsenal will qualify for champions league.

I think most Nigerians are asymptomatic, it's the testing capacity that makes it look okay. Our immune system is quite better as an ajepako Nigerian compared with our ajebutter cousins in Europe.

Maybe because a lot of Nigerians are used to hard life from suffering and smiling. Most people have been infected, and have recovered without even knowing.

Those people with underlying illnesses or weak immune system are feeling the brunt of the disobedience to laid down protocols.

Compare awesomely post with yours and see the difference in wisdom and intellect!
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by uscofield: 9:55am On Jul 03, 2020
That means, the only people free are those between 1 to 19 years and 41 to 48 years.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Jeffyblaq(m): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2020
SmartProf:
This age bracket you mentioned are the productive population in Nigeria, who drive the economy by their multiple enterprising skills and productivity. Maybe you will recommend the lockdown of only young Nigerians in your next guidelines. Afterall, they were described as lazy Nigerian youths by Mr. President some time ago. I hope someday you guys in government will admit how old aged Nigerians are spreading corruption too
Buddy!

You just dope with yuh reasoning.

Well said!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by authority2006(m): 9:58am On Jul 03, 2020
2cribz:
Wear mask,wear gloves,carry sanitizer. E no too much to ask

Nigerians are just too stubborn, most especially my Muslim brothers. We tried to implement distancing in the mosque, the youth refused to comply. Then we said that since everyone has face masks, let it be your ticket to enter the mosque. They agreed but wouldn't comply.
You would see someone sneezing inside the taxi but would rather use his face mask to cover his jaw instead of his nose.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by 2cribz: 10:00am On Jul 03, 2020
God knows why we sre black and nigerians.
Trust me
authority2006:

Nigerians are just too stubborn in this country, most especially my Muslim brothers. We tried to implement distancing in the mosque, the youth refused to comply. Then we said that since everyone has face masks, let it be your ticket to enter the mosque. They agreed but wouldn't comply.
You would see someone sneezing inside the taxi but would rather use his face mask to cover his jaw instead of his nose.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by MartinsD12(m): 10:10am On Jul 03, 2020
jarawa:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-young-nigerians-are-spreading-covid-19-fg.html
Man no get sense, why calling youths do your work
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by SirWarlock: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2020
authority2006:

Nigerians are just too stubborn, most especially my Muslim brothers. We tried to implement distancing in the mosque, the youth refused to comply. Then we said that since everyone has face masks, let it be your ticket to enter the mosque. They agreed but wouldn't comply.
It's not just a Nigerian thing. I mean I never imagined a time would come when masks would be part of our daily attire. Nigeria's situation is more difficult cos of the availability and willingness to get tested. Here we're still testing mostly case definitions. So imagine a country with this kind of attitude of not going for testing, no precautions and then calling it a hoax.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Angelfrost(m): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2020
I quit taking this man seriously a long time ago... Same way I have no regard for the current WHO executives.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by mvem(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

With due respect bros, whenever you want to quote someone in other to go against his/her claimed, please make sure you are vast in knowledge about what you about to say.

Florida had more than 114,000 cases of Covid-19, with more than 3,300 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Approximately 20% of cases are patients between the ages of 25 and 34, per data released by the state Department of Health on Thursday.

"What we've seen, particularly over the last week, is a real explosion in new cases amongst our younger demographics," DeSantis said in a news conference in Orlando earlier this week.

"Half of these positive tests are in that 34 and under age group, and the bulk of the tests that we are seeing are really the 25- to 34-year-olds," the governor said. "They represent the largest share of all positive tests by a pretty decent margin for anyone throughout the course of the pandemic."
there is difference between testing positive and using a ventilator. Get your facts right. Anyone can test positive but what I am saying is the old are more exposed for their condition to deteriorate to critical level compared to the young. Demography wise anyone can get it but demography wise mostly the old die from it. Your article doesn't show that there are many teens using ventilators it only shows that there are high cases among young, which is not a surprise. More than 80% of cases resolve within weeks(2-3) about 20% of cases become a little critical while about 5% or so becomes severe. Now anyone can get it, whether young or old but the young and healthy individual is more capable of withering it within days and weeks...why most of the deaths happen with people with preexisting conditions or old and fragile
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by 3kay945(m): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2020
Cumtroller:
Buhari is 88 years old. Is the DG of NCDC trying to tell the suffering masses something?

angry grin
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Quinniscent(m): 10:50am On Jul 03, 2020
#BULLSHIT
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by skuribeebo: 10:52am On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by crackhouse(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2020
helinues:
angry

Football stadiums are empty but Nigeria viewing centres are full to the brim
na so. Even the people that are playing are been careful but the viewers don't really care...
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by ghettochild(m): 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
This is a big mistake we are making oo. Look at south Africa since they relaxed the lockdown n moved to level 2...theres been a surge in the rate of infection.. And there's no enough testing facilities.. That's what we are facing now n the health Minister says we may likely go back on lockdown
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by afroxyz: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
Anything the west says, these idiots would just copy and paste and feed it to Nigerians. How many people have been tested to have made this Buffon come up with this atrocious conclusion.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by 2packer(m): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
My problem with the conclusion that ages 20 to 40 spread the virus is that a whole government funded body can't tell us how they carried out their analysis as well as and how these category of persons spread the virus either knowingly or unknowingly. So that both young and old know how to take precautions. NCDC PLEASE TELL US HOW TO SLOW DOWN THE SPREAD NOT JUST THAT WE ARE THE ONES SPREADING.

Am not doubting your report but please break it down so that we know how we are actually SPREADING the virus and also learn how to avoid infecting others.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by obstead200(m): 12:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
awesomely:
To say that Nigerians are observing physical distancing, is like saying Arsenal will qualify for champions league.

I think most Nigerians are asymptomatic, it's the testing capacity that makes it look okay. Our immune system is quite better as an ajepako Nigerian compared with our ajebutter cousins in Europe.

Maybe because a lot of Nigerians are used to hard life from suffering and smiling. Most people have been infected, and have recovered without even knowing.

Those people with underlying illnesses or weak immune system are feeling the brunt of the disobedience to laid down protocols.
I totally agree with u ooo. Millions of us are infected but are just assymtomatic and will recover without any treatment
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Fuckingmallam45(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
mvem:
there is difference between testing positive and using a ventilator. Get your facts right. Anyone can test positive but what I am saying is the old are more exposed for their condition to deteriorate to critical level compared to the young. Demography wise anyone can get it but demography wise mostly the old die from it. Your article doesn't show that there are many teens using ventilators it only shows that there are high cases among young, which is not a surprise. More than 80% of cases resolve within weeks(2-3) about 20% of cases become a little critical while about 5% or so becomes severe. Now anyone can get it, whether young or old but the young and healthy individual is more capable of withering it within days and weeks...why most of the deaths happen with people with preexisting conditions or old and fragile
Now I understand what you're saying. Nice one
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Aurelius1(m): 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
Let the evil and corrupt ones among the over 50 age grade die. They deserve it.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by INCREDIBLE007(m): 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
Pmb bleeped up by declaring lockdown late

NMA bleeped up by not raising the alarm as they ought
airline workers and border guides bleeped up by collecting brides to let people in
when they ought to head to quarantine

security agents bleeped up by collecting bribes from motorist who were breaking the inter state lockdown

Nigerians too bleeped by breaching social distance codes with reckless abandon may

God help us
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by SirWarlock: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
2packer:
My problem with the conclusion that ages 20 to 40 spread the virus is that a whole government funded body can't tell us how they carried out their analysis as well as and how these category of persons spread the virus either knowingly or unknowingly. So that both young and old know how to take precautions. NCDC PLEASE TELL US HOW TO SLOW DOWN THE SPREAD NOT JUST THAT WE ARE THE ONES SPREADING.

Am not doubting your report but please break it down so that we know how we are actually SPREADING the virus and also learn how to avoid infecting others.
Its simple. A large majority of those infected are in the 20-50 age range. Also since the reproduction rate is more than one then they'll definitely end up infecting someone else, in worse case someone vulnerable

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by bizzibodi(m): 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
May be is high time d oldies take a bow their leadership is leading us to hell! angry angry
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by peterinah: 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
A GOOD WAY TO ADDRESS THE LEADERSHIP OF THIS COUNTRY
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by bilulu(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
BREYZ:
Oya, come tie all the youths down now then lock us up. Na iberibe dey worry this man instead of you to do your job you are looking for who to blame, before you know it there will be a new directive targeted at the Youths/young people.
Until e affect ur papa and mama den u go tak d man serious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today / Is There A Cure For Dandruff? / Nigerian Doctors Abroad Give Conditions To Return Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.