Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,112 members, 7,880,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:32 PM

Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? (23600 Views)

Diasporans How Much Do You Spend In Nigeria During Visits? / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / 10 Places To Visit In Nigeria During Christmas Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by tosheeba(m): 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
fasstxchange1:
Why is this funny to me. You are coming from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration and you are worried? Its us who should be worried.

Diffusion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
You for hear say everybody don die finish for Nigeria now, I will like to ask you this question first, are you a Nigerian?
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by onadana: 12:20am On Jul 04, 2020
fasstxchange1:
Why is this funny to me. You are coming from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration and you are worried? Its us who should be worried.

The question in itself is silly.We are safer than the Americans and Europeans vis a vis Covid 19.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Burgerlomo: 12:23am On Jul 04, 2020
iod69779:
I had planned to visit Nigeria and other countries from the US this summer on a short vacation, maybe for a few weeks or so, but the pandemic struck! Europe is out of the question for now, but somehow Nigeria is still on my mind. Just pondering. What do you guys think?

I don't know the reason why you can't postpone your trip to when everything is back to normal. cool
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by louken(m): 1:49am On Jul 04, 2020
Nigeria is safer than USA now. Please we don't want you. Stay with your covid
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by frozen70(f): 1:52am On Jul 04, 2020
iod69779:
I had planned to visit Nigeria and other countries from the US this summer on a short vacation, maybe for a few weeks or so, but the pandemic struck! Europe is out of the question for now, but somehow Nigeria is still on my mind. Just pondering. What do you guys think?

You better stay one place and stop taking risk
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Billygee2u: 2:58am On Jul 04, 2020
merryossai:
There's absolutely nothing to miss when you leave Nigeria apart from missing your flight back home.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by ogbonti: 4:30am On Jul 04, 2020
mastermaestro:

Plain truth. The dude should stay there. We don't want the American strain of the virus here. No wonder the EU has placed a ban on America.
Stay in the US oga! As far as the virus is concerned, America is a cemetery when compared to Nigeria in fatalities.

hmm see bad belle comment about America lol -it is obvious dem don deny you visa taya before the pandemic

anyways - a rat wey die fur America better pass many human being wey due for naija (argue with your keypad) grin
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 04, 2020
iod69779:
I am also interested in visiting Nigeria this summer. My only concern is the 14 days quarantine stuff. If I am quarantined for 14 days, how many days do I have to stay again grin grin. That sucks and I am not willing to submit my passport to anybody. Does anyone know if the 14 days quarantine is still going to hold??
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Prossah: 5:11am On Jul 04, 2020
Remain where u are, stay safe
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by nsiba: 5:15am On Jul 04, 2020
iod69779:

Just stay d 4k where you are if not for unnecessary junketing round the world my grandmother who has never gone near any airport will still be going about her daily activities.
Sit your Ass down there!
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by nsiba: 5:18am On Jul 04, 2020
ogbonti:

hmm see bad belle comment about America lol -it is obvious dem don deny you visa taya before the pandemic

anyways - a rat wey die fur America better pass many human being wey due for naija (argue with your keypad) grin

See MUMU! Americans wey don die like rats pass 9ja
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Agugbadin: 5:34am On Jul 04, 2020
It is not safe, remain where you are. Apart from the high level of insecurity kinapping armed robbery, killing humans for money rituals, coronavirus infections curve is trending to the sky due to rapid community transmission. Finally the American strain may be too dangerous for Nigerians so we are scared.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by EgunMogaji2: 6:11am On Jul 04, 2020
merryossai:
There's absolutely nothing to miss when you leave Nigeria apart from missing your flight back home.

I respect your opinion but disagree with it.

We of the returnee crew miss a lot about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Cousin9999: 6:22am On Jul 04, 2020
Why do you want to travel during a pandemic? Please don't embarrass yourself. You sound like a r*tarded white person.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by AreaFada2: 6:42am On Jul 04, 2020
SmartPolician:

Europe is out of the question as if the EU countries want American travelers in their territory
UK even just excluded USA from the list of OK countries to visit released yesterday. grin

People in AMERICA listen to Trump Daily. Don't be surprised if they begin to believe the rosy picture of how great USA stamped down on Covid-19 quickly. Germany and Greece for example did far far better than USA.

@Op, if your visit is not seriously essential, no need going. Flying and airport are still risky places. Not Just destination.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Johnpoll(m): 7:21am On Jul 04, 2020
yes it's safe
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by buzorcharles(m): 7:33am On Jul 04, 2020
Do Not Come. Everywhere is dull for now no fun.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by femmy2010(m): 7:44am On Jul 04, 2020
iod69779:

Are you safe where you are ?
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Ekpekaycee: 7:48am On Jul 04, 2020
It was a visit from an Italian in February that brought all these sufferings to Nigeria. So right now, Nigeria does not need any visitors.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Kenstufez: 8:18am On Jul 04, 2020
Also consider traveling back to the US, its risky if you're an employee in the US, you might be lock out in Nigeria

iod69779:
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by drlateef: 8:56am On Jul 04, 2020
merryossai:

That’s not true. I miss social life like mad. I miss family and friends. I miss the people, the good ones.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Osobi32(m): 9:03am On Jul 04, 2020
Pls don't bring the real corona virus here oooo. We use God dey beg u...... Abeg dey where u dey.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 04, 2020
Stay where you are unless you have agbara ajinde or irapada because u fit catch am as you dey transport yourself
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 04, 2020
Stay where u are! Na una bring coro here.
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Quinniscent(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2020
Pandemic!!! Not in this country
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Infinixs5: 10:38am On Jul 04, 2020
iod69779:
:

not safe oooooo ....Once Sars and police knows u don land for Naija ;they will run to intimidate u..
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by ogbonti: 11:25am On Jul 04, 2020
nsiba:

visa denial - e pain am oooooo grin
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by ogbonti: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2020
nsiba:

chai - visa denial - e pain am ooooo grin
Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by Naijaprosper: 12:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
I think the question is: if Nigeria will let people in from the U.S right now because by an act of God, Nigeria's coronavirus situation is better than that of the U.S at present.

To all my brothers/sisters who think Nigeria is the worst place on earth and can't see any good in Nigeria, I say, anywhere you are on earth, if you only see the bad, that's what you'll get.

I remember reading an interview of Dangote many many years ago. In that interview he said Nigeria was the best place on earth to invest and grow rich. Look at the result of his attitude today.
Some will say he is lucky and connected. But my question is, is he the only connected Nigerian?

If you look well, it has been established that you are only a maximum 4 people away from anybody you want to meet, from the Queen of England, to President Trump etc. So you have all the connections you will ever need.

Also, for example, ask yourself how much tax you have ever paid in Nigeria.

Every problem in our land is an opportunity for us. Electricity problem means I can sell alternative power.

Please let's love our country. It's really not that exceptionally bad. Every country can be frustrating or good.
You get who you are.

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by nsiba: 12:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
ogbonti:

chai - visa denial - e pain am ooooo grin

Inferiority complex na disease

1 Like

Re: Is It Safe To Visit Nigeria During This Pandemic? by olumide4christ: 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
kaymart:

You are one of the few ppl talking sense. Others are just psycophants or so I call them cyanics.
What's so special about someone coming from the U.S.?
I read report thatore than 50percent of U.S citizen hav less than £1,000 in their bank account.
Many Nigeria based Nigerians are richer than their contemporaries in abroad.
Don't come here and be bragging about U.S to us.
Good that you are in the U.S but it's not a special thing biko

Very true...just the fact!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Newly Rehabilitated Emelogu Road In Aba / Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area / APM Bus Crushed A Man’s Leg Today In Ogun State [viewer's Discretion]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.