Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,489 members, 7,932,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 10:04 AM

Thompson Oliha Is Dead. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thompson Oliha Is Dead. (686 Views)

Thompson Usiyan Is Dead / Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record / Austin Ejide's Sister, Ijeoma Ejide Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by Kayharry(m): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2020
Former Nigeria Super Eagles' mid fielder, Thompson Oliha is dead. The midfield maestro who was among the 1994 victorious Super Eagles' squad that won the Nations cup in Tunisia died on Sunday, June 30 at exact 4.05 am at the Yusjib industrial medicare hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State. Thompson Oliha was born on October 4 1968 in Benin City and he is a retired Nigerian professional football star who played for clubs in Africa and Europe during an injury shortened career.

Confirming his death, Doctor Yusuf Addulraheem revealed that Oliha was brought to the hospital at the time when there was nothing he could do to resuscitate him.“I feel so sad to confirm to you that Thompson Oliha is dead and by the time his wife brought him here, his body was completely lifeless. “His wife Irish Oliha told me that he slumped in the toilet before rushing him to hospital and there was nothing we could do to save him,” Addulraheem said to supersport.com. Until his death, Oliha was the head coach of the Kwara Football Academy (KFA) in Ilorin, Kwara State. He was even incharge of KFA's 3-0 friendly win over a team who came from Mali on Saturday evening at the Academy premises.

Good night "Taxi Driver", the man who drove our mid-field like a taxi driver! Please pay your last respect to him.

Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by joceey(m): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2020
Rip bros
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by GboyegaD(m): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2020
Please, what is your source? In recent times, it is difficult to trust these messages without a credible source.
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by cunny88(m): 10:56am On Jul 05, 2020
GboyegaD:
Please, what is your source? In recent times, it is difficult to trust these messages without a credible source.
Guy is actually dead, just confirmed from Wikipedia
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by doggedfighter(f): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2020
One of our sports hero.

Hope Nigeria paid you your dues.

Rest on !!!

Slumping and dying seems to be on the increase.
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by Artiiclebeast: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2020
Oh no!

Rest on Thomson.

That generation is almost all gone.

Sad.
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by majamajic(m): 11:20am On Jul 05, 2020
I don't think this guy is dead ooo

Wikki said died 2013 ,
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by Righteousness89(m): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2020
Kayharry:

He was even incharge of KFA's 3-0 friendly win over a team who came from Mali on Saturday evening at the Academy premises.

This really Bold Struck me!

One Moment one is alive and strong! The Next moment , He is Dead!
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by AskProf: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2020
Kayharry:

Former Nigeria Super Eagles' mid fielder, Thompson Oliha is dead. The midfield maestro who was among the 1994 victorious Super Eagles' squad that won the Nations cup in Tunisia died on Sunday, June 30 at exact 4.05 am at the Yusjib industrial medicare hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State. Thompson Oliha was born on October 4 1968 in Benin City and he is a retired Nigerian professional football star who played for clubs in Africa and Europe during an injury shortened career.

Confirming his death, Doctor Yusuf Addulraheem revealed that Oliha was brought to the hospital at the time when there was nothing he could do to resuscitate him.“I feel so sad to confirm to you that Thompson Oliha is dead and by the time his wife brought him here, his body was completely lifeless. “His wife Irish Oliha told me that he slumped in the toilet before rushing him to hospital and there was nothing we could do to save him,” Addulraheem said to supersport.com. Until his death, Oliha was the head coach of the Kwara Football Academy (KFA) in Ilorin, Kwara State. He was even incharge of KFA's 3-0 friendly win over a team who came from Mali on Saturday evening at the Academy premises.

Good night "Taxi Driver", the man who drove our mid-field like a taxi driver! Please pay your last respect to him.

Where did you get this from?
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by AskProf: 11:53am On Jul 05, 2020
majamajic:
I don't think this guy is dead ooo

Wikki said died 2013 ,

Nairaland should start heavy sanctions on purveyors of fake & misleading news.

Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by AskProf: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2020
cunny88:
Guy is actually dead, just confirmed from Wikipedia

That was in 2013.

What has the OP smoked on a Sunday morning to report this as if just happened?
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by VirginFinder: 12:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

This really Bold Struck me!

One Mmoment one is alive and strong! The Nnext moment , Hhe is Ddead!

Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
Kayharry:

You are a mumu blogger.Someone who has died since 2013.
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by Kayharry(m): 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
Xanslyte:

You are a mumu blogger.Someone who has died since 2013.
am not even a blogger ur elders mumu
Re: Thompson Oliha Is Dead. by Kayharry(m): 9:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
AskProf:

That was in 2013.

What has the OP smoked on a Sunday morning to report this as if just happened?
cheap crack

(1) (Reply)

Arm Sleeves In Sports~ Hot Trends / Does Anyone Know Good Football Prediction Sites? / El Clasico: Zidane Reveals Why Barcelona Lost 3-1 To Real Madrid At Camp Nou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.