Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

Deputy Vice Chancellor Tests Positive For COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Deputy Vice Chancellor Tests Positive For COVID-19 (145 Views)

Bala Mohammed Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US / Coronavirus: Iraj Harirchi, Iran's Deputy Health Minister Tests Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Deputy Vice Chancellor Tests Positive For COVID-19 by CGMedia: 11:15am On Jul 05, 2020
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration), Benue State University, Makurdi, Prof. Godwin Achinge, has tested positive for COVID-19, Campus Gist reports.

This was disclosed by the Benue state governor, Mr. Samuel Ortom, at a press briefing at the Government House in Makurdi, on Saturday.

Mr. Ortom noted that Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Tony Ijohor and Chief of Staff, Mr Terwase Orbunde also tested positive to the virus.

This is coming barely 48 hours after the governor’s wife and one of his sons, including the state Head of Service (HoS) tested positive too.

Governor Ortom who lamented that a total number of 35 persons were confirmed positive in a test carried out a week ago, said he was proceeding on self-isolation.

Ortom said he would be carrying out another test in three days time, as advised by medical officers, even though the result of the test earlier carried out on him returned negative.

“My test result came out negative. But the medical officers said that another test will be carried out on me after three days.

“So, after this interaction I will isolate myself. I will be in isolation until I have clearance from the medical officers,” said Ortom.

The Benue state governor appealed to the people of the state to take preventive measures against Coronavirus very serious, insisting that the virus is real.

“COVID-19 is real and I enjoin my people to take the preventive measures seriously. I want my people to be alive and free from the disease.

“We have to stop the spread of the disease by maintaining all the COVID-19 protocols,” he said.

The governor while urging Benue people to avail themselves for testing for early detection, however said COVID-19 is not a death sentence.

http://campusgist.com.ng/2020/07/05/deputy-vice-chancellor-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

Re: Deputy Vice Chancellor Tests Positive For COVID-19 by CGMedia: 11:16am On Jul 05, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Total : 28,711 Cases , 645 Deaths Until Monday 6 July / Coronavirus In African Countries / COVID19: WHO Advance Team On Way To China To Set Up Probe Into Virus Origin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.