Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,844 members, 7,848,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Kanye West Reassures Americans Of His Presidential Interest - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kanye West Reassures Americans Of His Presidential Interest (154 Views)

Kanye West Asks Donald Trump To Be His Running Mate In 2024 / Russian President, Vladimir Putin Snubs His Presidential Motorcade / Meet Amarachuka Enyia, Kanye West Supports Mayor Of Chicago Contestant With $73K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West Reassures Americans Of His Presidential Interest by Ifeanyiwrite: 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
US rapper Kanye West has said he is running for president, possibly setting him in opposition to a man he says he appreciates, Donald Trump.

“We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future,” he tweeted. “I am running for president of the United States!”

His better half Kim Kardashian West and business visionary Elon Musk supported him.

Yet, it’s muddled whether West is truly running.

He doesn’t seem to have enrolled his name with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) for November’s political decision. The nearest name the FEC database shows is an up-and-comer called”Kanye Deez Nutz West”, who filed their papers with the Green Party in 2015 under the address “1977 Golddigger Avenue, Suite Yeezus” and appears to have raised no money.

It is additionally not the first run through West has guaranteed that he is running for the White House.

At the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards, he said he had chosen to run for president in 2020.

Be that as it may, last November he pushed the go back, saying he would really run in the 2024 challenge.

“What are you laughing at?” he asked the crowd at Fast Company’s Innovation Festival.

“We would have created so many jobs that I’m not gonna run, I’m gonna walk,” he said, adding he was considering changing his name for the run to “Christian Genius Billionaire Kanye West”.

In his tweet on Saturday, US Independence Day, West, 43, didn’t state if his alleged run would be subsidiary with a specific ideological group.

Regardless, challenging the selection of one significant gatherings would be outlandish at this stage, with the political race just four months away.

So as to show up on the polling form as an autonomous up-and-comer, West would need to assemble a specific measure of marks and register in states by a specific cutoff time. The cutoff time has just gone in some significant states however the music star would in any case in fact have the opportunity to record in numerous others.

Could Kanye truly become president?

Kanye: ‘I’m the best artist ever’

Kanye: ‘Trump caused me to feel like Superman’

The current year’s challenge is probably going to be a straight fight between Republican President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden.

In 2018, West showed up at the White House with President Trump during which he wore a Make America Great Again cap and made an interjection filled tirade that Mr Trump depicted as “very something”.

“I love this guy right here,” West said, walking behind the desk to hug the seated president, who said: “That’s really nice.”

The rapper additionally pushed back on the possibility that African-Americans are overwhelmingly Democratic Party voters, saying: “Individuals expect that in case you’re dark, you must be Democrat.”

Kim Kardashian West retweeted her significant other’s announcement about the presidential run with an American banner.

FULL GIST: https://fojusi.com/i-will-run-for-president-kanye-west-says-again/

(1) (Reply)

A Parcel Of Land(100x50)for Sale At Otokutu/egbo Layout / Diplomatic Face-off:china Retaliates, Orders Closure Of US Consulate / Government Opposition In Mali Rejects ECOWAS Leaders Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.