Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,958 members, 7,890,158 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:11 AM

Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? (1101 Views)

Couple Set Out In Search Of Child But Got Intestines Twisted By Doctor (pics) / Monkeypox Outbreak Hits Bayelsa, Doctor, 10 Others Quarantined / Stop Squeezing Your Woman's Breasts: Medical Doctor Warns Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by phylshan: 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Why are doctors like this? Which kind of handwriting is this one? Please can you read this and tell me the meaning?

Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by Simplyleo: 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Is deliberate.

Doctors can write in very legible handwriting.

The purpose is to prevent non medical professionals from getting involved.

Any well trained medical professional can decipher the writings very well.

If a pharmacist is already familiar with a word or drug, it doesn't have to be written in complete letters, he will grasp it once it is written down.

As I said earlier, it is deliberate.

1 Like

Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by pxemma100: 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
3mg loxatan to be taken 3 times for one week. Second is 1g paracetamol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by pxemma100: 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
I rep pharmD ,uniben.
Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by Odion2016(m): 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
pxemma100:

Funnyman...hahahhahaha....
Its actually tabs lexotam-3mg nocte(night only)*3/7 means 3 days....
Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by phylshan: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
pxemma100:
Lol. But me I can't even see that loxatan and pcm there. I hail una oo.
Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Simplyleo:
Is deliberate.

Doctors can write in very legible handwriting.

The purpose is to prevent non medical professionals from getting involved.

Any well trained medical professional can decipher the writings very well.

If a pharmacist is already familiar with a word or drug, it doesn't have to be written in complete letters, he will grasp it once it is written down.

As I said earlier, it is deliberate.

It's not deliberate, bros. Don't be so sure.
From medical school, medical students copy volumes of notes in very fast moving lectures .
With that, writing very fast becomes the norm.
Then, in the clinics, doctors have lots of patients to see, with volumes written for each patient often times.
With this, and the habits of writing very fast already developed from medical school, the doctor is always in the habit of writing fast without much consideration to legibilty

Finally, the information is usually not for the patient, but for other healthcare professionals(pharmacists, nurses, lab scientists, etc.).
Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by Simplyleo: 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

It's not deliberate, bros. Don't be so sure.
From medical school, medical students copy volumes of notes in very fast moving lectures .
With that, writing very fast becomes the norm.
Then, in the clinics, doctors have lots of patients to see, with volumes written for each patient often times.
With this, and the habits of writing very fast already developed from medical school, the doctor is always in the habit of writing fast without much consideration to legibilty

Finally, the information is usually not for the patient, but for other healthcare professionals(pharmacists, nurses, lab scientists, etc.).
Bro, I have medical doctors as colleges in my place of work. They are in the medical department of the organisation I work.

We have had causes to exchange administrative correspondences and in some cases, hand written. Their writings in such correspondences are completely different from their writings when it comes to prescription of drugs or any other medical directive to patients. Infact, they do write for the clerks to type sometimes and these clerks are not medical practitioners. So I know what I'm saying.
Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by pxemma100: 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
phylshan:

Lol. But me I can't even see that loxatan and pcm there. I hail una oo.
.yea exactly what i neant (3 days;thanks)
Re: Doctor's Writing: Do They Learn It From School? by Ejenavi18(f): 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
Some doctors have legible handwriting though..

Two drugs are in that prescription.

1. Lexotan tablets 3mg to be taken at night only(nocte) for three days.

2. Paracetamol tablets 2tabs to be taken three times daily(tds)for three days.

(1) (Reply)

Good Hospitals In Lagos: / How True Is This Machine That Tells All About Your Body / How To Stop Premature Ejaculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.