Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account (3657 Views)

Corps Members Handling BVAS On Election Day Will Be Tracked – INEC / Pascal Okechukwu: How EFCC tracked down Cubana Chief Priest / The FBI had already been investigating Abba Kyari Since last year - PSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by Harunaomoniyi92: 9:06am On Jul 06, 2020
The Google account of Ramon Abbas, better known as Hushpuppi, was one of the factors that made it easy for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to track him, according to documents seen by TheCable.

Hushpuppi was arrested in Dubai in June but later extradited to the US following a series of Fraudulent activities traced to him.

The instagram celebrity has been charged with conspiracy to commit money laundering before a US court.

In a document signed by Andrew Innocenti, a special agent of the FBI, three people - Abbas, co-conspirator 1 and co-conspirator 2 - were accused of participating in fraudulent schemes involving hundreds of millions of dollars.

According to the FBI, an analysis of the iPhone and online account belonging to co-conspirator 1 showed that messages were exchanged with Hushpuppi, requesting accounts into which funds realised from the money laundering schemes could be sent to.

"Based on records from Instagram received in June 2020, the Instagram account was subscribed with the name "RAY," the email address, rayhushpuppi@gmail.com, and the verified phone number +971502818689 ("Phone Number 2"wink," the document read.

"The Instagram account was created on October 10, 2012, and recent account history from 2020 showed logins from Internet Protocol ("IP"wink addresses located in the U.A.E. (ABBAS lives in the U.A.E., based on information from his email and social media accounts, financial records, and internet research).

"Based on subscriber records from Snap Inc., the Snapchat account "Hushpuppi5" used the phone number +971565505984 ("Phone Number 3"wink and the email address rayhushpuppi@gmail.com (i.e., the same email as the Instagram account).

Click on the link below to read the full post

http://www.thenaijaweb.com.ng/2020/07/how-fbi-tracked-hushpuppi-through-his.html

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by SaintBeehot(m): 9:27am On Jul 06, 2020
small small

1 Like

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:29am On Jul 06, 2020
This hushpuppi case is becoming stale
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by SmartPolician: 9:29am On Jul 06, 2020
Whether he flaunted his ill-gotten wealth of not, the authorities were still going to apprehend him.

You cannot know how to use the internet more than the people who invented it, the Americans

8 Likes

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by SarkinYarki: 9:36am On Jul 06, 2020
Once you open an email in this world you have lost your God given freedom

15 Likes

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by IkwerrePikin: 10:09am On Jul 06, 2020
SmartPolician:
Whether he flaunted his ill-gotten wealth of not, the authorities were still going to apprehend him.

You cannot know how to use the internet more than the people who invented it, the Americans

Forgot that crap. They know how to use the internet more than him but he scammed them for years?

All those information is no big deal, even Nigeria govt can get your login informations from nairaland if they want to investigate you.

Apart from the things they seized at his hotel apartment, how much have they recovered from him? You think it's by ordinary login history?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by SmartPolician: 10:25am On Jul 06, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Forgot that crap. They know how to use the internet more than him but he scammed them for years?

All those information is no big deal, even Nigeria govt can get your login informations from nairaland if they want to investigate you.

Apart from the things they seized at his hotel apartment, how much have they recovered from him? You think it's by ordinary login history?

Huncle, we no dey quarrel

I don't mean ordinary Americans

I am referring to the authorities

8 Likes

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by GMBuhari: 10:27am On Jul 06, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

You are both right

But he's righter than you grin

You can't sabi internet more than those who invented it , and yes it's not by login alone, there's shitload of activities associated to it

He may even have hit a honeypot in the past where they keep a open port on his pc and / or phone and keep monitoring him

But they'd never say that in their release

6 Likes

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by Nicklaus619(m): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2020
Rubbish, why do FBI need to track him when Dubai authority has every one on their radar. Unlike Nigeria u need to start tracking someone before you arrest
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by BlowYourMind: 11:44am On Jul 06, 2020
SarkinYarki:
Once you open an email in this world you have lost your God given freedom
It even the use of smart with internet enabled, most of the app we use today collect information on location even calculators do it

2 Likes

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by sapientia(m): 11:58am On Jul 06, 2020
The title has no connection to the news pasted
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by IkwerrePikin: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
GMBuhari:

You are both right

But he's righter than you grin

You can't sabi internet more than those who invented it , and yes it's not by login alone, there's shitload of activities associated to it

He may even have hit a honeypot in the past where they keep a open port on his pc and / or phone and keep monitoring him

But they'd never say that in their release

Mental slavery dey worry you. No be the same brain we all get?

Go read, do research, think creative you understand everything about internet you don’t need to be a white man even indians are computer gurus hacking different platforms in america

How about those african brains behind computer development and advancement over the years?

What is the shitload of activities in it as you said or you’re just talking out of imagination??

Deliver yourself from mental slavery, you can do better than the white man. Computer and internet is all about coding.

4 Likes

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by GMBuhari: 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
I went through your profile and your posts can't say i am disappointed, you were not raised or bred to respect people's opinion

My answer to you was not an insult but you just throw insult around like you own everybody or know everything,

Just tell me what your ancestors have invented since you were freed from that mental slavery you talked about ?

Nothing i guess ? you've been improving upon existing inventions, as such you can never ever know more about internets and coding than those who invented it , granted africans are doing great all over the world, but those who do great learn, argue objectively and don't throw insults around

i stand by my point

Do you even know the meaning of " hitting a honeypot" i doubt it , but i guess google can save you , the person you are insulting is not a novice

bye

IkwerrePikin:

Go read, do research, think creative you understand everything about internet you don’t need to be a white man even indians are computer gurus hacking different platforms in america

How about those african brains behind computer development and advancement over the years?

What is the shitload of activities in it as you said or you’re just talking out of imagination??

Deliver yourself from mental slavery, you can do better than the white man. Computer and internet is all about coding.

3 Likes

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by GMBuhari: 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
you need to sign in to google play to use android, you sign in to apple to use apple store

most apps won't work unless you are signed in and guess what ? they all collect your information most especially google

your search history, website history , location, cookies , etc , they claim they want to customize your experience, like when you search for a brand and suddenly google chrome starts showing you adverts from the brand you searched , it's all a ruse

and your phone's ip address,carrier name, owner number , apps opened, hours of usage , photos , videos , whatsapp, sms e.t.c are free for google to examine all it takes is one court order for a particular email , they will log in your email and your phone won't even tell you anyone else has accessed your account

smh
BlowYourMind:
It even the use of smart with internet enabled, most of the app we use today collect information on location even calculators do it

1 Like

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by beejaay: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

You have become a big disgrace to Black People due to your low mentality. Truly being educated is not enough for Black People. We need to eradicate that mental slavery from inside of us.

Pls if you believe you can’t know more than the white man, just keep it to yourself don’t pass this to your children.

Those black gurus who have invented different things across the world, we are ashamed of you and your poor mentality

This is 2020 education has made it’s way across the world, anybody can invent anything if you read, research and believe in yourself. Bring yourself out of mental slavery, MR MAN

I repeat What is the shitload of activities in it that we don’t know as you said?? Tell us you that know. Lol

You just talk out of imagination.
You are just rambling ignorance.. What was said was true, no matter how hard u try u cant know something more than the inventor, and this have nothing to do with skin color or race.. You can never know Microsoft more than billgate and can never know aple more than those that work there or the inventor.. No matter how hard you try u can know Google more than Google itself, you can't scam the CIA unless you are cia or have ties with them and you can't be more marlians than naira marley(this is commonsense even though it's not common) and all this companies have ties with the govt and when they are truly ready to come for you there is absolutely nothing you can do but get taken out.. Next time learn to calm down and understand the context before you go rabid
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by IkwerrePikin: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
beejaay:

You are just rambling ignorance.. What was said was true, no matter how hard u try u cant know something more than the inventor,

If you can’t know something more than the inventor why do we have more technology advancement today?

Why did we not remain where we are 100yrs ago if we can’t know more than those who first discovered technology??

Do you know how many black people in America and other parts of the world doing research and discovery/inventing things?

Don’t use your condition where you lack electricity and proper education to judge the black man you hear?? We are all human beings, this is 2020 with the proper education and resources you can discover what the white man have not discovered both in the internet or computer system.

You see your life? Bring out yourself from mental slavery. You can do better than the white man, if you read, do research and believe in yourself. Stop disgracing black people.

With all the knowledge the white man has, Black People have hacked different banks and platforms.

If we can’t know more than them, then they should be able to put up security system where we can’t be able to hack their platforms. But learning does not end smae way discovery will never end. Just study, research and you will know more, even more than the inventor.
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by Gadafii: 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
This life ehnn, no equilibrium at all

Same Internet people HUSHPUPPI was trying to impress, na that same internet people dey post am say FBI/Interpol nab am
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by adekolaelect(m): 2:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

Mr mental freedom .who designed applications,who manufacture software and hardwares App you are talking abt ? Some Nigeria or any fraudsters only infest their knowledge's on fraud aspect of computer software and hardwares do not validated them of knowing it more than creators or manufacturers it.but many of you believe been a fraudsters validating them of known it all.

1 Like

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
SmartPolician:

do you have any idea the number of bigger fraudsters that successfully built a legit image? Fraudsters money launderers drug kingpins etc? Forget it my friend oyinbo people are overrated
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by IkwerrePikin: 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
adekolaelect:
Mr mental freedom .who designed applications,who manufacture software and hardwares App you are talking abt ? Some Nigeria or any fraudsters only infest their knowledge's on fraud aspect of computer software and hardwares do not validated them of knowing it more than creators or manufacturers it.but many of you believe been a fraudsters validating them of known it all.

The argument is simply “you (Blacks) can’t know more than the inventor (whites) when it comes to internet and computer” That is the mental slavery I’m talking about to think such way.

We are not talking about only fraudsters.

Listen, no matter the discovery and development the whites have made when it comes to computer and internet, blacks can still read the same book, do research and discover things that the whites themselves have never discovered.

Your color shouldn’t make you feel less capable, we are all humans and we all have the brain and ability to use it with the necessary education and resources.
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by beejaay: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

If you can’t know something more than the inventor why do we have more technology advancement today?

Why did we not remain where we are 100yrs ago if we can’t know more than those who first discovered technology??

Do you know how many black people in America and other parts of the world doing research and discovery/inventing things?

Don’t use your condition where you lack electricity and proper education to judge the black man you hear?? We are all human beings, this is 2020 with the proper education and resources you can discover what the white man have not discovered both in the internet or computer system.

You see your life? Bring out yourself from mental slavery. You can do better than the white man, if you read, do research and believe in yourself. Stop disgracing black people.

With all the knowledge the white man has, Black People have hacked different banks and platforms.

If we can’t know more than them, then they should be able to put up security system where we can’t be able to hack their platforms. But learning does not end smae way discovery will never end. Just study, research and you will know more, even more than the inventor.

Pathetic!! U really lack comprehension.. Enjoy in your delusion bro
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by PHAYOL81: 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
The way our brothers from the other side of the River Niger overflogged the case of Hushpuppie, you would think they're the purest saints on the planet earth. And you would even think the Yorubas are defending him or that they have not been condemning the fraudster themselves. But how do we care? let them go on decampaigning anything Yorubas as they have agreed to be doing of late in their Whatsapp group. I'm damn sure it will end in tears for them. We watch!
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by IkwerrePikin: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
beejaay:

Pathetic!! U really lack comprehension.. Enjoy in your delusion bro

When you grow up, you will understand!
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by adekolaelect(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
IkwerrePikin:

The argument is simply “you (Blacks) can’t know more than the inventor (whites) when it comes to internet and computer” That is the mental slavery I’m talking about to think such way.

Listen, no matter the discovery and development the whites have made when it comes to computer and internet, blacks can still read the same book, do research and discover things that the whites themselves have never discovered.

Your color shouldn’t make you feel less capable, we are all humans and we all have the brain and ability to use it with the necessary education and resources.
though your write up base on encouragement but people can invent where their is recognitions for VALUE not WEALTH .I agree with you but not practicable in this Corrupted and valueless environment (Nigeria ) we meet ourselves .

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by Harunaomoniyi92: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
sapientia:
The title has no connection to the news pasted

Oga read am well, The title is connected to the news
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hello nairalanders,pls help me.
What I need is 50k to start a business so I won't die from begging.
I am currently contemplating suicide due to hunger and depression.
I lost my job in march and so life has been very tough for me.
Help me pls.
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by GMBuhari: 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
Sadly , i didn't have to dig far to realize you have a mental issue , Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

It makes you think everyone else knows nothing, not educated and / or beneath you

But in reality you are beneath everyone else , Were you abused as a kid ? if that's the issue it's not too late to see someone , most of your post is filled with hate , and in your mind nobody knows anything about any subject you are arguing about

You said with PROPER EDUCATION and Resources You can discover what whiteman has not discovered about Internet and PC , Do you remember you can't literally discover what someone already invented ? are you about to discover a new part of computer or different strain of internet ?? maybe you misused the words, maybe you are just mischievous hateful little boy, the fact remains you are wrong by all counts

Hacking people's bank account or emails is not invention , you learned it from the whites and you learn it because you want to commit a crime, most whites just want to conveniently read emails, do daily transactions with ease, if they wanted to DISCOVER hacking, they would have , each one of them , there are manuals and tutorials online that WHITE MAN put online, step by step guide to MySLQ injection type ,DOS e.t.c , White man put it there

If anything you need reorientation , you need education and you need to see a psychologist, nobody knows everything, even your current curriculum in your SS3 class was invented by White, you learn only what they want you to learn

Good Night

IkwerrePikin:

IkwerrePikin:

Because you live with your aunty’s husband who you claim is ikwerre makes you understand everything about the Ikwerre tradition to the point you have ruled out that there are no difference? Is that how you learn completely everything about people’s culture?

If you aunty truly got married to an Ikwerre man, engage him and let him teach you.
Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by GMBuhari: 8:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mention just 5 things a black man INVENTED literally DISCOVERED and invented from 1960 till 2020

In Nigeria or in Africa you can't be saying "things , things, things" up and down without telling us at least once

if you want to mention Zinox computers , it's a brand name , computer was discovered in 1808 , nothing new, Windows only updated from xp to the next and to the next, but COMPUTER itself has not changed , in case that confuses you , APPLE MAC is also just an operating system that works on a COMPUTER , then computers evolved to laptop and some people copied that to make smartphone with asdf/'lkj type keypad see ? no discovery no invention

Phone started with DIAL ringer , then smaller version, then MObile smart phones , then smart watches But Graham bells in dinosaur century discovered and invented PHONE i can keep going on and on , but i am sure you still won't agree you are wrong admitting that Oyinbo discovered and invented stuffs is not mental slavery mental slavery is when you focus on the wrong task when the right and easier one is there un attended
IkwerrePikin:

Re: How The FBI Tracked Hushpuppi Through His Gmail Account by IkwerrePikin: 12:05am On Jul 07, 2020
GMBuhari:
Mention just 5 things a black man INVENTED literally DISCOVERED and invented from 1960 till 2020

In Nigeria or in Africa you can't be saying "things , things, things" up and down without telling us at least once

if you want to mention Zinox computers , it's a brand name , computer was discovered in 1808 , nothing new, Windows only updated from xp to the next and to the next, but COMPUTER itself has not changed , in case that confuses you , APPLE MAC is also just an operating system that works on a COMPUTER , then computers evolved to laptop and some people copied that to make smartphone with asdf/'lkj type keypad see ? no discovery no invention

Phone started with DIAL ringer , then smaller version, then MObile smart phones , then smart watches But Graham bells in dinosaur century discovered and invented PHONE i can keep going on and on , but i am sure you still won't agree you are wrong admitting that Oyinbo discovered and invented stuffs is not mental slavery mental slavery is when you focus on the wrong task when the right and easier one is there un attended

I told you previously, don’t use your condition in Nigeria to judge the black nation. There are blacks gurus making great discoveries in US and other parts of the world. Google and see, when i say Black it’s not limited to only Africa.

(1) (Reply)

LEAKED Conversation Btw Two Former Governors / Buhari To Confirm Osinbajo As Consensus Candidate Tonight / IBB, Abdulsalami, Other Region Elders Will Be Disgraced - El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.