Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

Why You Should Go For Regular Checkups - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Go For Regular Checkups (303 Views)

The Importance Of Regular Dental Checkups / Reasons Why Nigerian Leaders Refused To Travel Out For Medical Checkups Again / Medical Checkups In Nigeria Is A Scam. Here Is The Real Checkup You Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Go For Regular Checkups by Mirage1(f): 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
In this part of the world, we rarely go to the hospital unless we’ve tried other options and they failed. Out of fear, medical cost, a busy schedule or plain ignorance, many will avoid getting regular checkups, preferring to gamble with their health. Got a headache? Painkillers. Your stomach aches? Painkillers to the ‘rescue’. Self-medication has now become a norm for many people. Some of these ‘simple ailments’ are merely signs of an impending serious ailments which could have been detected on time (through regular checkups) and therefore managed properly. The saying ‘prevention is better than cure’ seems not to concern many when it has to do with their health. Irrespective of your age, make sure to go for at least a yearly physical exam. Doing so can save lives – whether young or old, no one is immune to sickness. Here are 5 reasons why you should go for regular checkups.

Early Detection

By going for regular checkups, your doctor can detect potentially life-threatening ailments at its early stages which can significantly increase your chances of overcoming such and living a full life. The longer you live with an undiagnosed health condition, the lower your chances of treating it are. There are terrifying ‘silent killer’ diseases you can have without knowing. Early detection can reduce complications which could be detrimental or cause death

Risk of Getting Sick is Reduced

Regular medical checkup can reduce your risk of getting sick. This is because during a routine exam your doctor will perform several checks such as blood pressure, heart rate, etc. Therefore, any potential health issue is nipped in the bud before it leads to something serious. You will also be advised on healthier changes to make to prevent you from developing serious health issues.

It Makes You More Accountable

A lot of us tend to take out health for granted, self-medicating rather than visit the doctor until the sickness gets out of hand. But going for periodical checks will make you more conscious of your health and quit making poor health decisions, especially when it has to do with what we eat and exercising. It will cause you to make healthier lifestyle choices.

It Saves Health Care Cost

In the long run, you save money when you go for regular check ups. This is because it helps prevent diseases as well as treat other ailments at an early stage. Early notice reduces the risk of going for serious surgery and incurring heavy medical cost. It decreases your chances of taking a sick day from work, or even getting admitted to the hospital.

Regular Checkup Increases Your Life Span

By closely monitoring your health, you increase your chances of a healthier and longer life. By getting regular health screenings and updates, you are taking steps that improves your chances of a healthier life. Your doctor will get to advise you on lifestyle choices to make at each step of the way.

https://tlc.ng/why-you-should-go-for-regular-checkups/
Re: Why You Should Go For Regular Checkups by DaCharis2016: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
Does it cover general test?
Re: Why You Should Go For Regular Checkups by Mirage1(f): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
DaCharis2016:
Does it cover general test?
Yes, it does.
Re: Why You Should Go For Regular Checkups by DaCharis2016: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
I feel a burning sensation under the soles of my feet. It stopped for a while, but came back now since I noticed a caught cold through my knee cap (the only part left uncovered from the cold) while driving a bike. And since then I have being feeling pains around my legs from the knees upward and downward.

What can I do? Doctor recommended multivitamin for me earlier, and after taking it for the two weeks, got relieved.

But I'm confused with this resurfacenes. What kind of test do I need to go for now? Or do I go for general body test?
Re: Why You Should Go For Regular Checkups by Mirage1(f): 8:10am On Jul 11, 2020
DaCharis2016:
I feel a burning sensation under the soles of my feet. It stopped for a while, but came back now since I noticed a caught cold through my knee cap (the only part left uncovered from the cold) while driving a bike. And since then I have being feeling pains around my legs from the knees upward and downward.

What can I do? Doctor recommended multivitamin for me earlier, and after taking it for the two weeks, got relieved.

But I'm confused with this resurfacenes. What kind of test do I need to go for now? Or do I go for general body test?
I'm not a medical doctor btw. But you do need to go back to the hospital for a complete checkup. It could be nothing but it could also be a sign of an underlying ailment. Never take your health for granted.
Re: Why You Should Go For Regular Checkups by DaCharis2016: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
Mirage1:

I'm not a medical doctor btw. But you do need to go back to the hospital for a complete checkup. It could be nothing but it could also be a sign of an underlying ailment. Never take your health for granted.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

STC30 For Stroke / 6 Supplements With High Vitamins & Protein For Bigger Buttocks Muscle. / Best Way To Loose Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.