Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,985 members, 7,873,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:11 AM

Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar (620 Views)

Kantigi Vs Magu: The Whistlers Of Fake News / IBRAHIM MAGU: The EFCC Boss That Loves God And Why We Need To Emulate Him / I Got Approval From President Buhari To Suspend Ibrahim Magu: The Street Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by bbamusa: 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Magu: The Double Face of a Corrupt Anti-Corruption Czar

Ever since my enlistment into EFCC, I have never witnessed the level of unprecedented incompetency, selfishness, greed, and corruption in the Commission as we are seeing under the leadership of Ibrahim Magu. When Magu was appointed by President Muhammad Buhari, there were high hopes and expectations within the agency that he would be a complete upgrade from his predecessor, Ibrahim Lamorde. Little did we know that the Commission was in for a rude shock.

As someone who studied forensic accounting outside the country, I returned home to join the agency not only out of the need to be employed but from a burning desire and passion to contribute to the progress of the Nigerian nation through a robust fight against graft. Despite the initial challenges I encountered earlier at the Commission, I was beginning to settle in and was a little excited about what lies ahead, when there was a change of guard at the Commission. And so far, it has been a slide down the hill rather than up it.

My chairman has so far displayed the opposite of that which he has been mandated to check. He has exhibited extreme character flaws and his tenure has been marked by gross incompetence and inefficiency in leading the anti-corruption war. It is therefore not surprising to many in the know that his confirmation was opposed by many and why he has remained in acting capacity after five years.

Mr. Magu has bungled most of the high profile corruption cases the commission has prosecuted both locally and internationally. So bad is the situation that many criminals and fraudsters have been let off the hook for lack of diligent prosecution or insufficient evidence. His tenure has been characterized by media trial rather than actual prosecutorial success and most of the criminals he was mandated to prosecute are now lounging in different parts of the country and world.

My worry lies not only on the incompetence of the Chairman but on the public ridicule he brings to the Commission. The commission has lost its place and has become a shadow of itself. Chairman is now publicly seen aiding the escape of wanted persons for a price. The agency is now perceived as weak, inefficient, and corrupt.

International criminals like Invictus Obi, Mompha, and Hushppupi to mention a few were all reported to the commission and were let go before their eventual arrest by foreign security agencies. Despite intelligence from International Police (INTERPOL), Magu failed to act on to arrest these fraudsters when they visited the commission, mainly because of what happened behind closed doors. For example, Mompha who was flagged by the Interpol and initially arrested by the Commission was let go and is now lounging in Banana Island, Lagos.

This development among other failings of Mr. Magu has led to a break off of cooperation by foreign security services like the FBI, to collaborate with the Commission in extraditing wanted Economic and Financial criminals to face trial in Nigeria.

Not many Nigerians are aware that Mompha’s bail was secured with a well-furnished apartment acquired for Ibrahim Magu in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is therefore not surprising that many Nigerians are insisting that the recently arrested international fraudster, Ramoni Igbalodely Abbas aka Hushpuppi should not be released to the agency as they are concerned that his case too, would go the way of others.
Aside from international fraudsters, our corrupt politicians are roaming the streets freely despite damning evidence against most of them. Those the Commission had attempted to try have been set free by the court due to lack of diligent prosecution.

At this point, I am convinced beyond doubt that unless and until a new change of guard is witnessed in the Commission, the fight against corruption in the country would remain a joke. Already, the Commission under Mr. Magu has rolled decades of achievements. To allow him to continue to preside over such a critical agency would be a disservice to the country. To save the face of Nigeria from such ignominy, the President should act and LET MAGU GO!

2 Likes

Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by kayez: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mod, now that Magu is trending. Kindly allow my FTC get to first page. wink wink

Biko grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Hkatago: 4:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
May we not meet the likes of Magu as we grow in our service to the Nation! Amin
Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Hkatago: 4:41pm On Jul 06, 2020
I wish his arrest came earlier...Lawal Musa Daura, will be a happy man wherever he is...
Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Hkatago: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
If we do what we do as an institution in Nigeria, dey for don fire Magu since walahi...
Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Twinna: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
Today is world Magu's day!
Dear Magu, while you are with your brothers, ensure you enjoy the reception accorded Sowore as well as Dasuki. May your days in the D be long!
bbamusa:
Magu: The Double Face of a Corrupt Anti-Corruption Czar

Ever since my enlistment into EFCC, I have never witnessed the level of unprecedented incompetency, selfishness, greed, and corruption in the Commission as we are seeing under the leadership of Ibrahim Magu. When Magu was appointed by President Muhammad Buhari, there were high hopes and expectations within the agency that he would be a complete upgrade from his predecessor, Ibrahim Lamorde. Little did we know that the Commission was in for a rude shock.

As someone who studied forensic accounting outside the country, I returned home to join the agency not only out of the need to be employed but from a burning desire and passion to contribute to the progress of the Nigerian nation through a robust fight against graft. Despite the initial challenges I encountered earlier at the Commission, I was beginning to settle in and was a little excited about what lies ahead, when there was a change of guard at the Commission. And so far, it has been a slide down the hill rather than up it.

My chairman has so far displayed the opposite of that which he has been mandated to check. He has exhibited extreme character flaws and his tenure has been marked by gross incompetence and inefficiency in leading the anti-corruption war. It is therefore not surprising to many in the know that his confirmation was opposed by many and why he has remained in acting capacity after five years.

Mr. Magu has bungled most of the high profile corruption cases the commission has prosecuted both locally and internationally. So bad is the situation that many criminals and fraudsters have been let off the hook for lack of diligent prosecution or insufficient evidence. His tenure has been characterized by media trial rather than actual prosecutorial success and most of the criminals he was mandated to prosecute are now lounging in different parts of the country and world.

My worry lies not only on the incompetence of the Chairman but on the public ridicule he brings to the Commission. The commission has lost its place and has become a shadow of itself. Chairman is now publicly seen aiding the escape of wanted persons for a price. The agency is now perceived as weak, inefficient, and corrupt.

International criminals like Invictus Obi, Mompha, and Hushppupi to mention a few were all reported to the commission and were let go before their eventual arrest by foreign security agencies. Despite intelligence from International Police (INTERPOL), Magu failed to act on to arrest these fraudsters when they visited the commission, mainly because of what happened behind closed doors. For example, Mompha who was flagged by the Interpol and initially arrested by the Commission was let go and is now lounging in Banana Island, Lagos.

This development among other failings of Mr. Magu has led to a break off of cooperation by foreign security services like the FBI, to collaborate with the Commission in extraditing wanted Economic and Financial criminals to face trial in Nigeria.

Not many Nigerians are aware that Mompha’s bail was secured with a well-furnished apartment acquired for Ibrahim Magu in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is therefore not surprising that many Nigerians are insisting that the recently arrested international fraudster, Ramoni Igbalodely Abbas aka Hushpuppi should not be released to the agency as they are concerned that his case too, would go the way of others.
Aside from international fraudsters, our corrupt politicians are roaming the streets freely despite damning evidence against most of them. Those the Commission had attempted to try have been set free by the court due to lack of diligent prosecution.

At this point, I am convinced beyond doubt that unless and until a new change of guard is witnessed in the Commission, the fight against corruption in the country would remain a joke. Already, the Commission under Mr. Magu has rolled decades of achievements. To allow him to continue to preside over such a critical agency would be a disservice to the country. To save the face of Nigeria from such ignominy, the President should act and LET MAGU GO!
Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by ruthmadaki90: 4:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
The challenge is not letting go of Magu. Its really who becomes the next anti corruption boss especially since the commission is already contaminated with corruption within its ranks. the EFCC is already the butt of jokes among its international peers and this needs to change.
Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by ruthmadaki90: 4:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
Amen!!!

Twinna:
Today is world Magu's day!
Dear Magu, while you are with your brothers, ensure you enjoy the reception accorded Sowore as well as Dasuki. May your days in the D be long!

1 Like

Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by TransflectTP(m): 4:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
But DSS has debunked the arrest.
Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Twinna: 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
TransflectTP:
But DSS has debunked the arrest.

Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
Bla bla bla bla. Typical of Nigerians to kick a man when he's down. You knew all dis and you didn't say something since.
Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Hedonisco: 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nonsense writeup by an idiot. I thought you had something reasonable to say until you started mouthing Mompha, Hushpuppi bla bla. Those are not the biggest challenges facing the EFCC.

We want to know what happened to Godswill Akpabio's case. Rotimi Amaechi. Bola Tinubu. Etc. The petitions against these political robbers who are responsible for impoverishing millions of Nigerians are gathering dust at the EFCC. Tell us about that as part of your angst against Magu. Not the usual soft targets like yahoo boys.

1 Like

Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Edyice: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Northerners heavy shareholder grin

They should continue....

Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by Ramlahmed: 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2020
the biggest hypocrite at the moment, MAGU! upon all the recovered looted funds, this man ( head of the so-called anti-graft agency) does not fully remit the funds to the TSA OOO! so what is the fight all for? Yes, we have a long way to go in this country but the arrest... erm I mean invitation of Magu might just mean sack (resignation /step down) which will be a step in the right direction. Now we need a bulldog to take down all the thieves.
Re: Magu: The Double Face Of A Corrupt Anti-corruption Czar by EzeChudy: 7:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
Magpuppi

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Jonathan Decide To Arrest An Orphan Who Has Now Fallen Critically Sick? / PDP Has Lost One Of Their Strong Man In Asalga / Photos: Daily Sun Lies Bursted Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.