Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,945 members, 7,873,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

Life Of A Graduate Above 30 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Life Of A Graduate Above 30 (1322 Views)

If You Above 30 Years And You Not Married Please / The Flamboyant Golf Life Of Governor Seyi Makinde / I Will Pay Above 30,000 Minimum Wage If Elected-sanwo-olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by jamiudinho(m): 9:59pm On Jul 06, 2020
guys ur advise are needed ..I'm a graduate from the University of maiduguri business administration with a 2.1 class 2017 have completed my youth service 2019 ..now I'm 31 yrs of age the problem is can I still get a nice job with that age ...
my father friends happen to know some pple who knows those in top govt ..and I don't want to change d age with that opportunity can I still get a nice govt job base on that age as entry-level
for the record and from borno state but born and brought up in Lagos ....
pls need ur advise
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by fjjc(m): 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
With this grade, you are good to go. Do not change your D.O.B for anything, it can backfire.
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by doggedfighter(f): 10:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Your age is okay for Government job

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by Oluromantic: 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
A friend of mine narrated his ordeal on how his mom's sister had promised to pay his tuition fees once he's admitted, the aunty was retrenched from work before jamb result surfaced. His paternal uncle then promised to help him, he gained admission but couldn't resume; his uncle died. He said ppl wondered why his tears was more than those of his children but only him understood.

Many graduates knew ppl more connected and closer to the family than that, today they're driving danfo...some even have more than one danfo bus and they're making good money. You need more insight to support yourself. That belief of my daddy friend cousin brother in top govt is a new graduate mentality. Your eye will open properly after 3 yrs of staying home

9 Likes

Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by 360degreess(m): 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Government Jobs don't consider age that much. I have known at lot of people who are far older than you, yet they got government job. Age and grade can only matter in government jobs if you don't have connections.
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by Acme45: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
jamiudinho:
guys ur advise are needed ..I'm a graduate from the University of maiduguri business administration with a 2.1 class 2017 have completed my youth service 2019 ..now I'm 31 yrs of age the problem is can I still get a nice job with that age ...
my father friends happen to know some pple who knows those in top govt ..and I don't want to change d age with that opportunity can I still get a nice govt job base on that age as entry-level
pls need ur advise
you have pass through the school system, then waiting for someone to help you get a job?.education is the bedrock of the society, get capital and start doing something. If you can't use your brain to get something doing,it means if you are employed you might be a shortage to any organisation. Go out and stop waiting for one uncle, if there's no uncle will you remain redundant?

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by BGSM: 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
My dear, if your father or mother is not the one at the top, forget it. Your father friends ll only delay your progress in life. They also have children or people in their family looking up to them for connection. In this Nigerian of today and where we found ourselves today, your 2.1 is irrelevant for now. Tell your father to raise money for you to start up a business that you are very familiar with. Once again your father's friends ll not help matter, to get job through those at the top, you ll pay your way through 1m and above. This is the reality of Nigeria of today, if you like take it, if you like live it.

2 Likes

Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by jamiudinho(m): 11:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
Acme45:
you have pass through the school system, then waiting for someone to help you get a job?.education is the bedrock of the society, get capital and start doing something. If you can't use your brain to get something doing,it means if you are employed you might be a shortage to any organisation. Go out and stop waiting for one uncle, if there's no uncle will you remain redundant?
shortage to any organization like how?....
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by Zimri(m): 11:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
fjjc:
With this grade, you are good to go. Do not change your D.O.B for anything, it can backfire.

Good to go to where?? undecided undecided
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by bigpicture001: 1:29am On Jul 07, 2020
360degreess:
Government Jobs don't consider age that much. I have known at lot of people who are far older than you, yet they got government job. Age and grade can only matter in government jobs if you don't have connections.

It's 35years max

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by rash47(m): 5:22am On Jul 07, 2020
bigpicture001:

It's 35years max

Not true, maybe by the law. People get government jobs even in their 40s
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by jamiudinho(m): 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
Zimri:

Good to go to where?? undecided undecided
to federal inland revenue service na lol
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by HappyPagan: 8:22am On Sep 15, 2020
Wish you the best. Now I understand your frustrations. So sorry.
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 15, 2020
My fathers brothers friends cousin..... grin grin, as you grow older and filling those same shoes, you would understand why they could not really help.

1 Like

Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by simpleseyi: 9:22am On Sep 15, 2020
jamiudinho:
pls need ur advise

Leave our Lagos and go back to your Bornu.
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by SarkinYarki: 9:33am On Sep 15, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by jamiudinho(m): 9:45am On Sep 15, 2020
the first tym i open my eyes in Lagos u were not even been born even if u have been born I bet u don know d road to Lagos
Re: Life Of A Graduate Above 30 by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2020
Pray for GRACE.

I'm also a candidate of GRACE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Answer This Difficult Puzzling Question (Prove how much of a president you can) / Last Moment Of Ken Saro Wiwa / The Shameless Lies Of Tonye Barcanista And Hatred For South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.