Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,068 members, 7,880,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:12 PM

My Girlfriend Lies A Lot - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Lies A Lot (4339 Views)

My Girlfriend Lies Too Much / Reasons Why A Lot Of Ladies Who Seek To Marry Still Remain Single / Women, Pretence And Lies. A True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by bakre(m): 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2007
how can i run away from girl that lies?
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by Orosunnuku(m): 11:08pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Bakre,
have you discussed this issue with your girlfriend and how long have you been dating her? Is she an occassional lier or chronic compulsive one? How and where did you meet her 'cos they say show me your friend and i will tell you who you are!
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by kiki(f): 7:28am On Jun 15, 2007
so wat u sayin is ur relationship with her is based on lies huh?
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by McDoe(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2007
If she is confirmed a chronic and diabolical liar, then she is not worth the relationship. This is because the pride of a woman lies in her honour and sense of shame
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by proverbial: 8:39am On Jun 15, 2007
Try asking her, or finding out, why :she lies a lot:, as you put it.  That's if she's willing to admit to being an obstreperous liar.
Then go from there.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by kiki(f): 8:41am On Jun 15, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm but who wants 2 admit being a liar
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by luxoire(f): 8:53am On Jun 15, 2007
@poster

WE ALL LIE, diff is, some ppl lie with the intention to decieve, be malicious or spite others, others do it just to be mischievous

u got to figure out which one she is, and whether it is affecting u and / or ur r/ship. if it is, then tell her to stop it. if she just tells little white lies to cause mischief, but they are begining to get on ur nerves tell her, if not, loeave her be

afterall, u no be sabi say na so she dey, b4 u start to date her?, , how long u 2 been dating?, NOW u complain?
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by proverbial: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2007
kiki, she might not admit it, but if he's somehow able to catch her in the act & prove it to her, it'll help.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by ladydibia(f): 9:19am On Jun 15, 2007
There is no perfect being,so when u think you are running away from one u are unintentionally getting into a bigger one,so try to sort things and get a true understanding on why she is lying, at least u shld have konwn her to some extent b4 u started dating her.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by mcube(f): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2007
Every lady is a liar.

when a lady is in love with a guy she tends to lie a lot.

cos she doesnt want her partner to be annoyed she has to lie to cover some things up through this process she will have to be lying to cover up previous lies.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by Seun(m): 10:58am On Jun 15, 2007
I don't like liars, but you cannot ask a Nigerian woman not to lie if you are not ready to accept the truth!
It takes a lot to convince people not to lie; most people lie all the time. This also applies to employees and children.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by seunwiz: 3:48pm On Jun 15, 2007
well dependin on wot she lies abt,
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by CrazyMan(m): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2007
All ladies lie. but there's how serious it becomes, you just have to quit that relationship and stop wasting your time.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by BigSis(f): 5:35pm On Jun 15, 2007
A cronic liar isn't a small problem. This is a serious character flaw. I see this as a mental flaw. You have to decide for yourself what you will and will not tolerate. How can you trust someone who lies.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by Seun(m): 9:02am On Jun 16, 2007
A chronic liar isn't a small problem.
I agree. But there are so many of them in Nigeria. There's one in every home. sad
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by MILITIA(f): 9:14am On Jun 16, 2007
Ah-ah! shocked  Is she a Niaja babe?  As Nigerians, is it not what we do best?  Chronic pathological liars!  But male and female!  The saddest part is that lies just  form freely when there is no reason to!  Just comes out of habit like it is a "turn on" or something!   It is really pathetic! embarassed  The reality is that you guys lie more than girls in Nigeria to cover all you "philandering" tracks.  So you are only reaping what you have sowed in the past! Amen to that! grin

@BigSis

Now you have mentioned the crux of the matter! That is why you cannot trust anyone in Nigeria even yourself! As born liars we steal, kill, maim, covert and so on and so forth! That is why Nigeria is in the state it is now. Now some of you will mention other countries. Try and have it in mind that we are talking about Naija and we are not making a comparative study. Just stick to the topic sha, so you do not get an "F" for going off point like you failed all your exams in school! tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by Kashif(m): 11:44am On Jun 16, 2007
I have zero tolerance for lies!!! I don't know why one should lie angry angry I personally see it as self-degrading. There is a popular saying that those who tell 'white' lies soon get colour-blind.

I pay a lot of attention to details and so, don't find it difficult to detect lies. If I am joking, I could say anything to keep the jist going but if it is sober issue, no way. I tend to believe all you say but if you ever give me a reason not to trust you, I give no second chance unless you are the only way out.

But like somebody mentioned earlier, one of the laws of nature is that like terms attract. Are you sure you are always truthful/reliable? If not, I don't see any reason you would not land with a chronic liar. lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by acidrop(f): 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2007
chicks lie, but with me, i can deny something, but i cant lie 2 someone am really close with, like someone i luv verrrrrrrrry much or something, so if she really loves u whe wont be lieing 2 u, or maybe she is still not comfortable around u or something, which kindof lie sef? is it those ones that praise her personality?
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by PHEESAYOUR(m): 3:35pm On Jun 16, 2007
i respect mcube 4 her post, na true you talk
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by hotchic1(f): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2007
I think you need to ask her why she lies n let her know that u aint comfortable with it.Who knows she might change.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by osereka(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2007
any babe wey de lie de carri 2 things join SHE GO THIEF/ SHE GO BE ASHAWO. ol boy run for ur dear life o.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by MILITIA(f): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2007
@osereka
Hey!  You reap what you sow!  Shay you dey read ya bible? grin  Go and read the "parable of the sower"! cool
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by Vannesa(f): 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2007
Nigerians lie a lot generally,u must lied to her also,but if she that much why dnt talk to u but if she lies during the course of conversation,move on.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:56am On Jun 19, 2007
@topic
if she lies a lot, you also play along. cool
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by georgies(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2007
that means,the fact that shes your girlfriend is a lie
Re: My Girlfriend Lies A Lot by felt: 2:42am On Jun 12
Orosunnuku:
@Bakre,
have you discussed this issue with your girlfriend and how long have you been dating her? Is she an occassional lier or chronic compulsive one? How and where did you meet her 'cos they say show me your friend and i will tell you who you are!

You can’t discuss with a compulsive liar cos they will lie more and more

(1) (Reply)

How Many Ladies Could Do This In The Name Of Love? / I Did My Wedding In My Natural Hair because Of My Hubby / V bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.