Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,855 members, 7,879,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:20 PM

Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting (2314 Views)

Breaking:chief Judge Transfers RHSA Case / Breaking: Court Nullify APC Primary Elections In Kwara, Kaduna / The Supreme Court Did Not Nullify APC Votes In Bayelsa Like It Did In Zamfara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by DamiBukola111: 6:56pm On Jul 07, 2020
A Federal High Court judge, Justice A. M. Liman, on Tuesday, transferred the case file of the suit seeking to nullify the National Executive Committee, NEC, meeting of All Progressives Congress, APC, held on June 25, to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

Legal practitioner and member of APC, Lateef Koyode Arigbarigo, had dragged the party to court over the legality of the NEC meeting held on June 25.

The plaintiff is asking the court to, among other things, nullify the decision taken at the meeting as well as set aside the party’s National Committee and all it decisions.

Joined as co-defendants in the suit are Victor Giadom, APC National Caretaker Committee and Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

During the court hearing of an exparte motion filed by the plaintiff via Zoom, Justice Liman raised the issue of geographical jurisdiction of the suit insisting that the matter should have been filed in Abuja and not Lagos.

He subsequently ordered the case file transferred to the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

Mr. Arigbarigo was represented during the Zoom court session by his lawyer, Dimien Edonkumoh.

The reliefs sought by the plaintiff include: “A declaration that it is ultra vires Article 17 (iv) 25 (B) of the Constitution of the All Progressive Congress for the National Executive Committee to by any disguise appoint Mai Mala Buni (governor of Yobe State) Isiaka Oyetola (governor of Osun State), and Sani Bella (Governor of Niger State) as members of the National Caretaker Committee Members of the All Progressive Congress and therefore their appointment as members of the committee is illegal, null and void ab initio.

“A declaration that the second defendant, from June 21, had ceased to be a member of the party upon his suspension by the Rivers State Chapter of the All Progressive Congress;

“Thus the National Executive Committee meeting called by the second defendant on June 24 was illegal and all decisions taken in the said National Executive Committee meeting held on June 25 is/was null and void ab initio, the convener not being a member of the party as at when he convened the meeting.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/judge-transfers-suit-seeking-to-nullify-apc-nec-meeting/

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by Whiteangel1234: 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
Hand of Tinubu

7 Likes

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by Racoon(m): 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
Another round of crisis loading.Rivers APC is back in court.Now another lawsuit brewing up for the Buni-led party organ.They must be under a spell.

3 Likes

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by zealousayo(m): 7:20pm On Jul 07, 2020
We are watching.
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by Brandstudio01: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2020
Another episode
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by Trailblazer1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
Gather here if you're enjoying this APC dramatic episode grin grin grin

Meanwhile undecided

4 Likes

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by DamiBukola111: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
Racoon:
Another round of crisis loading.Rivers APC is back in court.Now another lawsuit brewing up for the Buni-led party organ.They must be under a spell.
No peace for the wicked.
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by DamiBukola111: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2020
Move this piece to the front page.
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by BERNIMOORE: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2020
Akeredolu should better decamp to another party because as it stands now, Apc candidates stand too risky for disqualification. a word for the wise

Tinubu is naked now with the sack of NWC and Oshiomole plus Magu. Tinubu may be picked anytime from now..take that to the bank...

if you must reply me you have to be at least 10 years on Nairaland like myself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by XXLMANDIGO: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
Efforts in futility

1 Like

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by AllTheWayUp: 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
grin grin grin
Tinubu man
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by DamiBukola111: 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
Efforts in futility
the CJN has spoken.

1 Like

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by AntonVince: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
"...but Justice Liman of the Federal High Court Lagos suo motu raised the issue of forum shopping and transferred the file to the CJ of the FHC, Abuja for reassignment to another judge."

"The Counsel to the Plaintiff, Dimien K. Edonkumoh while addressing press men expressed his shock over the Court's decision to transfer the matter to Abuja."

cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by Mejemeje0404: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2020
I love this,it was PMB who supposed to play fatherly role was the one encouraging any aggrieved party members to take the party to court.

1 Like

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by Maxymilliano(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2020
One week one trouble ..
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by gambia(m): 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
Their matter no dey finish. undecided
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by AllTheWayUp: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2020
AntonVince:
"...but Justice Liman of the Federal High Court Lagos suo motu raised the issue of forum shopping and transferred the file to the CJ of the FHC, Abuja for reassignment to another judge."

"The Counsel to the Plaintiff, Dimien K. Edonkumoh while addressing press men expressed his shock over the Court's decision to transfer the matter to Abuja."

cheesy grin

Court transfer the matter to Abuja
Lol.. Cabal dey involve for the matter

3 Likes

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by BERNIMOORE: 2:59am On Jul 08, 2020
AllTheWayUp:

Court transfer the matter to Abuja
Lol.. Cabal dey involve for the matter
that is the right thing to do

1 Like

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by kaylardz(m): 8:25am On Jul 08, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
Akeredolu should better decamp to another party because as it stands now, Apc candidates stand too risky for disqualification. a word for the wise

Tinubu is naked now with the sack of NWC and Oshiomole plus Magu. Tinubu may be picked anytime from now..take that to the bank...

I didn't know that Magu too is Tinubu boy, so he also has loyalist in d North.
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by pquaver(m): 8:33am On Jul 08, 2020
kaylardz:

I didn't know that Magu too is Tinubu boy, so he also has loyalist in d North.

I don't know if theyeven read their comments really..
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by cursedAbiola(f): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2020
we know that the drug dealing vagabond Tifnubu will not rest
Hehehehe no peace for the wicked criminal drug lord
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by entrep88: 8:54am On Jul 08, 2020
No Judge will try to entertain that case, Buhari has warned them and anyone with strong head can try, but must be ready. I see Jagaban camp fighting back
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by vikithor(m): 9:08am On Jul 08, 2020
BERNIMOORE:

Powerfully said,serious point u av delivered.

Btw
Learn how to drive better than danfo n molue n mechanic drivers in Lagos.
Learn how to drive both manual n automatic car ,also how to carry out basic vehicle maintenance
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by DamiBukola111: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
cursedAbiola:
So it is only Tinubu in APC?
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by austine4real(m): 1:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
Na the least of my problem be this

Abeg who N500 naira wey e no dey useful again??
Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by Prompto: 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Is it tru your father must perish over Tinubu matter or already perished over his matter ? Upon all the problem plaguing your household na Tinubu problem you father see carry for head.
BERNIMOORE:

Re: Judge transfers suit seeking to nullify APC NEC meeting by Prompto: 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
cursedAbiola:

I heard your father was among the over 5 million foolish igbo that perished like maggot in the Biafra war over the foolishness of Ojukwu pls confirm.

(1) (Reply)

Happening Now: Nigerian Police Shoots IPOB Members In Enugu State, 2 Dead (video / Witness Confess Seeing 2 Parachute Fly Out Of JET Of Chief Of Army Staff / Denorah Daniel's Murder, Nigeria Can't Divide Becuase of Fanatics, Igbos Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.