Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,309 members, 7,900,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:30 PM

U.S Homeland Security Seizes Sports Website - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / U.S Homeland Security Seizes Sports Website (722 Views)

99.3 Info Fm Sports Programme Vs Brilla Fm / NL Sports Thread Directory / Hidden Faces Of Nairaland Sports Members? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Homeland Security Seizes Sports Website by HiTek1: 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
While watching yesterday's EPL games online, I noticed that the popular sports streaming website ATDHE.net was offline. I tried several times to access it without success. Today, it is been reported that the US Dept of Homeland Security has seized the domain name due to "copyright violations".

The US government may not care that ATDHE streams live sports games. I think they are concerned that they also show live programmes from US tv giants ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox.

While ATDHE is offline, try www.FootBallStreaming.info for live European football matches.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/02/rojadirecta-org-seized_n_817458.html#comments
Re: U.S Homeland Security Seizes Sports Website by HiTek1: 6:15pm On Feb 02, 2011
More Sports websites including RojaDirecta seized. I don't know why they are doing this. Most of these sites don't actually show the games. They only provide links to sites where the games are available.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/02/rojadirecta-org-seized_n_817458.html#comments
Re: U.S Homeland Security Seizes Sports Website by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2011
naah,its part of a crackdown for superbowl. they shuutting down sites that may air it.
Re: U.S Homeland Security Seizes Sports Website by HiTek1: 1:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
4llerbuntu:

naah,its part of a crackdown for superbowl. they shuutting down sites that may air it.

But Superbowl is not on Cable. It is on free network tv. Maybe they don't want people outsite the US to watch it.

(1) (Reply)

, / Neymar: I've Made My Mark / Hilarious Caption Of Akin Alabi...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.