Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,666 members, 7,889,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Fashion Gist. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Gist. (199 Views)

(gist) Fredmade Designs A Body Art Of The Nigeria Jersey / GIST: Jamb To Start Registration Of Exam For 2018/2019 This Month – Prof Isaq Ol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fashion Gist. by Xristars(m): 1:33am On Jul 08, 2020
I discovered most tailors and designers have the practical knowledge of sewing but lack the theoritical.
Today, in the fashion house I work, I sampled few workers with some questions.
For example, I asked, the small pocket at back of most trousers is called? Most said back pocket. Whereas the name is welt pocket.
Some don't even know the folding allowance given beneath a shirt or trouser is called Hem allowance
Anyways I'm saying this to make upcoming designers strive to learn sewing terminologies on your own, even if your masters/Ogas doesn't teach you.
It makes you look more professional and makes you charge high.
my though tho.
You can add your own terminologies, let's gist.

(1) (Reply)

Hair Care Treatment / Cheapest Fashion Advertisements / International Bilateral Economic Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.