Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,112 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:12 AM

EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission (675 Views)

Abubakar Umar To FG: Forget Census, Secure Nigeria First / Dikko Umar To Court: I Acquired N9.7 Billion Assets From My Travel Allowance / EFCC Picks Up Mohammed Adoke On Arrival From Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by Perfecttouchade: 9:54am On Jul 08, 2020
Mr Mohammed Umar, the Director of Operations, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has been picked to oversee the affairs of the agency in the absence of Magu.
A top official of the commission disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Tuesday.

The source, who asked not to be named, said Umar was chosen by the “EFCC’s hierarchy” following the reported suspension of Magu.

The official, however, said that the commission had not received any official communication on the reported suspension.
Spokesman of the EFCC, Mr Dele Oyewale, declined comments when contacted by NAN to confirm the latest development.
The embattled acting chairman is being interrogated by a presidential panel set up to probe allegations of gross misconduct against him.

Magu appeared before the Ayo Salami-led panel on Monday before he was reportedly taken into police custody.

Meanwhile, the EFCC official has defended Magu against the allegations, saying they were not true.

However, the source said his travails also emanated from complaints by staff of the commission over poor welfare and delay in promotion.
“I can tell you that all the allegations against Magu are untrue. I see the whole situation as a power play.

“Preparations for the 2023 elections are another reason they want Magu out because he knows too much.
“Another thing is the problem of staff welfare, imagine somebody like me for close to 10 years, I have not gained any promotion.

“We are not happy about the news of his suspension, but I know that members of staff are not happy with him,” the official said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/efcc-picks-director-of-operations-umar-to-oversee-commission/

Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by SmartProf(m): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2020
Another mallam probably with an Almajiri CV...whether u are to oversee or to become the general overseer, ensure you apply global best practices in your job. Once you begin to use your kettle to wash selected legs, you will be 'Magurized'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by GoodofNaija: 9:55am On Jul 08, 2020
Buhari and nepotism!

His nepotism is in-built!
Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by yanabasee1(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2020
SmartProf:
Another mallam with an Almajiri CV...whether u are to oversee or to become the general overseer, ensure you apply global best practices in your job. Once you begin to use your kettle to wash selected legs, you will be 'Magurized'

From 2003 till date.... It's been Northerners chairing EFCC and they've all been very corrupt....

They so called shopping Buhari was shopping to replace Magu is a mallam.....

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by IamWonderful: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2020
Well let wait and see
Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 08, 2020
This country sha
Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by SmartProf(m): 10:16am On Jul 08, 2020
yanabasee1:

From 2003 till date.... It's been Northerners chairing EFCC and they've all been very corrupt....

They so called shopping Buhari was shopping to replace Magu is a mallam.....

Of course Buhari's shopping started and ended in hausa/fulani malls
Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by Perfecttouchade: 10:23am On Jul 08, 2020
SmartProf:

Of course Buhari's shopping started and ended in hausa/fulani malls
the northerners know wetin Dem dey do, our eyes go clear later

1 Like

Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by ThiagoKid(m): 10:57am On Jul 08, 2020
undecided
Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by ODJ124(m): 11:07am On Jul 08, 2020
isoright... I pray the next chairman comes from the South....
Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by SadiqBabaSani: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2020
matters arising
Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by ghettokid1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
Another Aboki?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
Abokiss will always decide the fate of this zoo till una wey dey South get sense.
Zoo country!
Re: EFCC Picks Director Of Operations, Umar To Oversee Commission by BlackfireX: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
Let's support our Darling president, he is washing Nigeria dirty linen that PDP caused.

Long live buhari
Long live Nigeria.

Wailers don't quote me

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Ovia South West LG Vice Chairman Raises Alarm Over Threat To Life / BUHARI Has Approved 13Billion Naira For The Take-off OF Community Policing / Gbajabiamila To Visit Ghana On ‘legislative Diplomacy’ Over Maltreatment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.