Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,119 members, 7,880,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:07 PM

Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks (39803 Views)

Face Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions – Banks / Face Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions – Banks / CBN Orders Instant Reversal Of Failed ATM Transactions Effective June 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Idiotmod: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
So eleha no dey collect money from machine
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Yes

I had experienced it.

Very sensitive, until you remove the facemask or bring it down before you cab transact well
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by earnit1: 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
oh
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by sheyitokz(m): 2:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
dey don come again with fabuu
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Lethal234(m): 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
Why do bloggers often use Foreigners as their Article picture. We are too open as a people, we need to streamline our information and opinions.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Lethal234(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
ume1000:
so of all the people withdrawing money with atm name only white person picture u see abi
Lol, didn't see this though.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by TwentyOnePilots(m): 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
illicit:
Na so soome ATM machine go dey shock person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by TwentyOnePilots(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
undecided
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by obstead200(m): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
KrazyDave16:
Really?

Those I've helped withdraw cash or those who did so on my behalf haven't come across this issue. Heck, First Bank in my area still paying those with face masks on undecided
fidelity bank is looking for my trouble. Let them wait until I close my account, they will now understand. Yesterday, it was impossible for me to get cash from the machine, even without my face mask and glasses. The machine keep saying it can't see my face
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Bloggz74(m): 2:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
I Have Experienced It grin grin

Me too
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Estellie: 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin kill me grin
illicit:
Na so some ATM machine go dey shock person

1 Like

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by omoadeleye(m): 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:
At this point, they may have to deactivate the face recognition feature on the ATMs because of the peculiarity of the moment. People shouldn't be exposed unnecessarily because they want to access their funds.

Are you from 19 BC?
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2020
Noticed this with UBA ATM.

Shii refused to dispense then asked me to position properly.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Astrologyfact: 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
jayaim:
Tell the person to convert the cash to bitcions. Thank me later
Using which method? Or site?
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Astrologyfact: 3:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Jeholinkz:

yes let the person open a chipper account credict it frm dre he can send money to u 4 more contact me on 09070578141
Chipper cash doesn't work in SA
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy
Me wey dey help people withdraw since, why ATM no reject dispensing??
Thief go still cover face, u can't stop them cheesy
It's not a lie, I can attest to this.
The ecobank ATM rejected my card last two weeks on the basis of this claim..
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Chatbot1234: 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
Bleep these banks, they're among the thieves that run this country down.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by KrazyDave16(m): 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2020
obstead200:
fidelity bank is looking for my trouble. Let them wait until I close my account, they will now understand. Yesterday, it was impossible for me to get cash from the machine, even without my face mask and glasses. The machine keep saying it can't see my face
Next thing they'll tell you is "go to the nearest branch or the branch you opened with and update your passport photo".
But on a serious note, this will not end well, especially for boys that are forcefully picked up by SARS, forced to make use of ATM and what you experienced happens to them...

Las Las Corona isn't going to be the cause of death.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Yoighaman(m): 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2020
So not true. It's just a gimmick to make you remove the mask so your face can be captured.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by kingsleefolli(m): 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
It happen to me and my ATM card was seized.need to process it before collection. So is real oooo.let follow it to avoid story that hurt.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by oglalasioux(m): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy

Keep helping. When the time comes it's your face police will see. Don't call your village people o!

1 Like

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Jamesbiodun(m): 4:12pm On Jul 09, 2020
this is laughable, they are very sick
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by badoh(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy

Read before you comment. They said face recognition software in some ATMs. The ones you've been using are not having the software.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by mukthar2000(m): 5:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Fidelity Bank , were are here to withdraw our money on ATM, hope the would recognised us ooo.

Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Hugo55(m): 5:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
psyco:
....Just use Western Union. It's so easy and simple......
Thank you.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Iamrowconnect(m): 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Two days ago, I had my Nose mask on.... ATM rejected my card twice. I had to go use paga. Thanks for informing us.
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://punchng.com/face-mask-can-cause-failed-atm-transactions-banks/
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by jaybankzz(m): 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2020
remove your mask, sprinkle droplets of saliva while making a call, sneeze accidentally on the keypads and spread the effing virus.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by shogsman(m): 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2020
GboyegaD:
At this point, they may have to deactivate the face recognition feature on the ATMs because of the peculiarity of the moment. People shouldn't be exposed unnecessarily because they want to access their funds.
I suppose you're ready to refund the billions that will be lost during that process
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Amaechi9(m): 7:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy

as u dey help people make u de careful because of frausters
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by SavageMaster: 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2020
KrazyDave16:
Really?

Those I've helped withdraw cash or those who did so on my behalf haven't come across this issue. Heck, First Bank in my area still paying those with face masks on undecided

Fidelity Bank ATMs are the main culprits. Very annoying
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by Enyimbamercedes: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2020
That’s a big lie! The cameras do not have face detection features; they are there solely to capture the faces of users and track fraudulent withdrawals if necessary.
Re: Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks by BalogunIdowu(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Whattalie! cheesy

They didn't say it'll link your face to the card but capture the face regardless of if you're withdrawing for someone else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Owoyemi Tajudeen, From Plumber To owner of 3 Radisson Hotels / Will Nigerians Boycott Banks On Tuesday? / Zenith Bank "Network Is Down" Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.