Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,299 members, 7,943,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

How To Say No Without Feeling Guilty - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Say No Without Feeling Guilty (176 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Am Feeling guilty Because Of My Friend / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Say No Without Feeling Guilty by VirtueDigest: 11:38am On Jul 09, 2020
Have you ever blamed yourself for saying yes instead of saying No? Well, you don’t have to feel guilty because learning to say no is a skill we must acquire in the journey of life. You cannot say yes to everything that comes your way.

Although, you don’t have to turn down every request without thinking it through because a lot of opportunities come from saying yes. Some of them are meeting new people, expanding your skills and giving help to the ones who need it the most.

Saying no is something most human race struggles with. After all, we don’t want to hurt those we care about. We don’t want others to see us as selfish or irresponsible person.

When we say no, it brings up all sorts of fears. Fear of the unknown such as people disliking you or saying all sorts about you. The truth is bitter and taking a bold step to doing the right thing could be a difficult one to take.

Saying NO protects your time and energy. Therefore,

You must be true to yourself, your convictions and your priorities

You feel guilty saying no when you don’t have a firm grasp on your priorities and convictions.

Do you have a goal you need to accomplish? If yes, then having a deep knowledge that saying yes means you would be standing on platitudes while saying no means you are true to your priorities and convictions, which is important.

When no becomes easier to say, it is an assurance that you have made the right decision.

Read more: https://virtuedigest.com/how-to-say-no-without-feeling-guilty/

(1) (Reply)

Is Ielts Needed For Study In Canada / Comparison Is The Mother Of All Jealousy / Father Teaches Daughter Inspiring Lessons About Life (must Watch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.