Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,440 members, 7,917,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:39 AM

Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic (764 Views)

"I Can't Suck Catarrh Out Of My Child's Nose". Lady Gets Epic Reply / Woman Surprised With New Car On Christmas Day By Family. See Her Epic Reaction / Ebhohimen Innocent Lists His 2018 Achievements, To Inspire Others (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Ennyholar: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2020
I hope this my story will inspire someone today. The company I worked with for almost 9 years could not weather the storm that came with the COVID-19 pandemic, about 3 weeks into the lockdown; they had to lay off over 40% of the workforce.

Unfortunately, I was also affected! (sighs) I was thinking of how to break the news to my family that I have been sacked from work. Around 2:07pm I drove my car out of the office for the last time, with a post-dated cheque of 800,000 Naira in my hand as a compensation benefit...

...for all the 9years spent in the organization. As I was approaching the 3rd mainland bridge, different suicidal thoughts started getting to my head. “Should I park and jump inside this large expanse of water and get it over with?”

“Should I drive on high speed and enter the trailer at my front?” I was asking in my heart. While having all these crazy thoughts, I looked at my dashboard and saw the pictures of my 2 beautiful daughters. I shouted silently with tears in my eyes “NOO, I can’t do this to them. NO

I slowed down to park properly and switch off the ignition; I cried bitterly. The thing is, I am the firstborn, I have siblings I am sponsoring in school, I have elderly ones I am taking care of, I have a family to fend for, my wife is not working… Bills, Bills, Bills!!!

All these are just too much for me! Where would I start from I ask myself?? I have no savings, no specific side hustle, no reasonable connection but I know I have creative and productive ideas.

So I started asking around about banks that can support my idea, people told me Banks in Nigeria don’t really support growing business or Entrepreneurs. I didn’t allow people’s opinions to deter me from submitting proposals to different banks for the financing of my project.

I know is worth the effort, but guess what? all my proposals were turned down with the excuse being the COVID-19 pandemic. At a point, I was totally discouraged!
Many nights I would look at my wife and children and blame God for giving them to me without providing what I will use

...to take care of them… My wife kept on encouraging me not to give up. Within this period, I must have sent over 9 proposals all to no avail. I finally, i found a bank that believed in my ideas; I submitted my proposal, I was asked to open an account.

After a few days, a zoom meeting was scheduled and today is a different story entirely. I can feed my family comfortably and still have extra savings in my bank account. It is MyBankAndI now o. Who says you can’t do something epic with your life during this season?

Don’t give up, take that bold step today, and connect with that bank that allows you do something great and Do Something Epic.

Story source: https://twitter.com/TimYinka/status/1281185428830392320?s=19

Cc lalasticlala , RoyalRoy

1 Like

Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Realboygenius(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
Your story is really inspiring.
A lot of people have lost their job this period.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Klass99(f): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by shekauvsbuhari: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
You had a cheque of 800k in ur hand after 9yrs and u were complaining? And even wanted to commit suicide? You never see people wey dey stranded. You for jump na. So u think say u don act james bond by pulling through? Mtcheewww!

1 Like

Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Realboygenius(m): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
You had a cheque of 800k in ur hand after 9yrs and u were complaining? And even wanted to commit suicide? You never see people wey dey stranded. You for jump na. So u think say u don act james bond by pulling through? Mtcheewww!

800,000 after working for 9 years.!!
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Realboygenius(m): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
Klass99:
Is this your story or someone else's?

He provided the source of the story.
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
Only few Nigerian banks could have consider your proposal.
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by shekauvsbuhari: 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
Realboygenius:

800,000 after working for 9 years.!!
bros you never see people wey go empty handed with nothing to start with. Somebody worked in a bank 4 ten years. A colleague commit fraud, they gather everybody in their section put for cell. Problem was how to prove ur innocence and avoid going to court over what u didnt do. They lost work, benefit everything. With families to feed. Came out empty-handed.
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Klass99(f): 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Ennyholar: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2020
Klass99:

I saw it, but still wondered.

He could be the one here on NL and the same person on Twitter.

I like to engage with story owners, so I can ask valid questions for a better understanding of different things during their journey or ordeal.

When you share or narrate someone else's story, it's kinda hard to answer burning questions others may have, because you didn't walk the walk yourself.

For example, I asked 2 guys in the romance section, questions about their ex girlfriends and the women they ended up marrying, after they had shared a bit of their story on that thread. Their response was enlightening and helpful.

Hi I found the story fascinating reason I shared it here.
Are you a writer?

1 Like

Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Vyzz: 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2020
Congratulations bro
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Klass99(f): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Ennyholar: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2020
Klass99:

Why do you ask? Do you like my writing? cheesy

The story does inspire me to take action in my own life, especially in the aftermath of Covid.

Gracias, for sharing it.

Have been reading your takes on every post
You write very well cool
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Klass99(f): 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2020
Ennyholar:

Hi I found the story fascinating reason I shared it here.
Are you a writer?
Yes She's a writer, she has written lots of textbooks on Nl grin grin

Cc Klass99 tongue
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Klass99(f): 11:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by MoonWater: 12:28am On Jul 10, 2020
I am more interested in what later happened to the 800k cheque.
Lucky dude! He even owns a car
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by EbenezerTriumph: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
Klass99:

Lol grin, Ariza your yeye dey boom!

I came across that phrase today, you've got to love NL and the slangs here.
[/s]
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by EbenezerTriumph: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
Klass99:

On every post ke? shocked
Thank you, now I'm flattered. wink
[/s]
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by bukatyne(f): 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:

Do you think N800k is a lot of money for people who have recurring bills? Especially when there is no source to replenish it.

Or do you think N800k is a lot of money for someone who invested 9yrs of his life in a company?
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by shekauvsbuhari: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
bukatyne:

Do you think N800k is a lot of money for people who have recurring bills? Especially when there is no source to replenish it.

Or do you think N800k is a lot of money for someone who invested 9yrs of his life in a company?
If he was trying to commit suicide even with 800k in his hand, then he does not deserve to live in the first place. Do u know what one can do with 800k? Unless he is hopeless and bereft of ideas. 800k is not a bank vault but most big businesses you see today started with far less. He should not feel stranded with that amount of money in his hand.
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by bukatyne(f): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
If he was trying to commit suicide even with 800k in his hand, then he does not deserve to live in the first place. Do u know what one can do with 800k? Unless he is hopeless and bereft of ideas. 800k is not a bank vault but most big businesses you see today started with far less. He should not feel stranded with that amount of money in his hand.

Hmmmmmm.

We don't know his monthly recurring expenses.

It is well.
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by EbenezerTriumph: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
Klass99:
Is this your story or someone else's?
[/s]
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 10, 2020
Klass99:

Lol grin, Ariz a your yeye dey boom!

I came across that phrase today, you've got to love NL and the slangs here.
Lol grin
Nigerians and slang ehn.
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by investigator007: 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
this is really inspiring, in all we do we should never give up.
Re: Let This Story Inspire You To Do Something Epic by XXLMANDIGO: 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2020
My own situation is somewhat complicated. No lifeline or something. I just have to count on the Almighty Hod to take me out of this predicament. It's too draining and don't think I can bear it any longer undecided

(1) (Reply)

Step-mom, Beats Four Years Old Step-son, Breaks His Arm And Leg. / What Will You Do If You Catch Your Wife In Bed With Another Man! / What's Really The Big Deal About Marrying An Older Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.