Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,310 members, 7,916,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 01:58 PM

My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes (4844 Views)

Converted My Peugeot 407 Coupé V6 From Auto To Stick-shift / My Peugeot 505 V6 New XN1A Engine Conversion Project / Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by vickzie(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
Ikenna351:
The POV Review & Fun Drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lP36je8Rnc

Lion King - Monk.
I have a 406 I would like to enlist on Uber, I feel it's poor on fuel although I haven't done a proper experiment, it used to overheat so the fan was connected directly, does the direct connection have any effect on fuel economy. also the fuel guage can just start blinking out of the blues even with 10-15litres in it. I want it to be in top shape before using it for e hailing. how do I know whether it's i4 or v6 engine. where is your workshop located?
Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 5:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
21 Years After....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv2Hi3-fYLk

Lion King - Monk.
Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
One of the best physical manifestations I ever had and still experiencing. A 21-year old PR V6 powered Stick-shift Lion, with about 250,000-300,000 km mileage with original Engine & Gearbox , running on Total Quartz 9000 5w-40, without oil burn and cylinder compressions still almost factory psi, with only 3 Timing & Auxiliary belts replacements . The Engine is so intact that gear 3 pushes upto 160km/h, effortlessly. This is the same Peugeot model majority of Nigerians condemned as electrical nightmares as they start ageing, yet the lion only have cause to be scanned on average of once in 6 months or once a year, most times. It's been years I recalled opening the fuse box covers, just to blow off dust, if any found.

Don't expect to run 20w-50 oil on a healthy PR engine and expect the Engine to serve you as mine, as old as he is (and that includes every other petrol engines in 406). Even 15w-50 makes these PR Engines very noisy & the VVT solenoids and VTC sprockets to sound like diesel engines. For a long lasting or a healthy PR Engine to stay that way like mine for decades as mileage increases, avoid abusing Lions. Choose otherwise and be ok with the outcome. Or you can go online and blame Peugeot and complain like the rest do.

I love mine dearly.

Lion-King Monk

1 Like

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by emmancecute(m): 4:26am On Jun 11, 2021
Ikenna351:
One of the best physical manifestations I ever had and still experiencing. A 21-year old PR V6 powered Stick-shift Lion, with about 250,000-300,000 km mileage with original Engine & Gearbox , running on Total Quartz 9000 5w-40, without oil burn and cylinder compressions still almost factory psi, with only 3 Timing & Auxiliary belts replacements . The Engine is so intact that gear 3 pushes upto 160km/h, effortlessly. This is the same Peugeot model majority of Nigerians condemned as electrical nightmares as they start ageing, yet the lion only have cause to be scanned on average of once in 6 months or once a year, most times. It's been years I recalled opening the fuse box covers, just to blow off dust, if any found.

Don't expect to run 20w-50 oil on a healthy PR engine and expect the Engine to serve you as mine, as old as he is (and that includes every other petrol engines in 406). Even 15w-50 makes these PR Engines very noisy & the VVT solenoids and VTC sprockets to sound like diesel engines. For a long lasting or a healthy PR Engine to stay that way like mine for decades as mileage increases, avoid abusing Lions. Choose otherwise and be ok with the outcome. Or you can go online and blame Peugeot and complain like the rest do.

I love mine dearly.

Lion-King Monk
having used 3 different japs from toks, and then switching to a 406 Naija used, I can confidently say the 406 is one of the most reliable vehicle ever produced. Being using mine close a year now, though it had minor abuses as at when I purchased it but I tell I've never had to crank the engine twice. Issues I've had with the car were due to my carelessness and negligence, I use the car for ehailing in Lagos and most riders like it. Spacious, radio steering control, rain sensor, good handling on high speed, cheap parts, moscow standard AC. Also forgot the multumedia displays that shows which of your door is opened, error in system, fuel consumption, distance covered and so much more... what else can you ask for in a car produced in the very early 2000s. My last car was an 09 corolla, I can tell you categorically that the 09 corolla does not come close to it at all. My exterior is kinda rough now with dents and scratches scattered over it but this is a car that responds to touch. A very good body and paint job will bring it sparkling again. Fuel consumption is at par with my corolla or very close. When fuel sold at N125/ltr I bought 5k fuel from Owode onirin, ikorodu road close to mile12 to the quater tank I already had in ny 09 corolla. I drove to Abeokuta with it, did some city drive within Abeokuta say about 50km now with AC, came back to ikorodu, Lagos and fuel had entered reserve as at when I got to ikorodu. Did almost same trip with my 406, bought 5k fuel at #162/ltr inside lekki phase 1 and fuel was at reserve already, went to Abeokuta, came back to ikorodu and then went to ikoyi from ikorodu the next morning. Fuel entered reserve when I got to osborne estate. A Full tank of 406 will take you from Lagos to Abuja, I'm very sure of this of it what I've praticalised while a full tank tank of corolla will take you from Lagos to lokoja, you might have to fill another half tank that will take you to Abuja. Though the 406 thanks is bigger, about 75ltrs while the Corolla is about 60trs. I had to use this illustration so that a layman can easily understand/ compare the fuel consumptions. I make this revelations because prior to having this car, I have had so many horror stories about how bad the peugeot 406 is, and how electrically problematic the car can be but to my surprise, This car as been very reliable considering the fact that I even got it Naija used. I've been battling with my AC since 2 months now though, cos I've not had a competent hand to handle it. I'm sure this issue is not peculiar to peugeot cars alone so no biggy. Get a non abused 406 and enjoy peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Elsueno: 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2021
Japonicas don't know what they are missing, Peugeot is the pinnacle of all rides, I remembered dat when I tasted a corolla earlier today.

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
Still on original engine & still running on 5w-40 (actual mileage is higher - speedometer & mileage were not reading before purchased, which I used for about 2 months in that condition before I replaced the faulty transducer).

If I can be enjoying mine, anyone else can. Just don't abuse your lion. It's not difficult.

Lion-King Monk.

Re: My Peugeot 406 V6 Conversion Project To Performance Brakes by Ikenna351(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mr Jude Shared His Experience on Peugeot 406

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfi0HRkHe4M

Lion-King Monk

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Advice, I Want To Buy Toyota Spider. / BMW Recalls 11,700 Diesel Cars After Installing Wrong Engine Software / Yaris Or Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.