Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,630 members, 7,951,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

How Can I Improve Site Security? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can I Improve Site Security? (208 Views)

The Best Construction Site Security: Protecting Your Site And Workers / How Do I Improve Upon My Low-voltage Power Supply? / Research Reveals That Being In A Bad Mood Can Improve Your Brain’s Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Improve Site Security? by morningstar122: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2020
How can I improve the security of my own site? Are there any other ways?​
Re: How Can I Improve Site Security? by star255: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2020
If you mean security to protect against attacks on your website, web security isn't really that simple unfortunately. There are lots of exploits and things you need to be aware of and the relevance and the way you go about protecting against them depends heavily on the libraries and programming languages you're using. For starters, the OWASP top 10 contains the top 10 most common vulnerabilities with websites. Do your best to make sure you're protected against those, and if you have any questions about them, I or someone else can try to answer.
Re: How Can I Improve Site Security? by Albert65565: 11:21am On Jul 10, 2020
I create my own websites. At first they were primitive but after they got better I needed to protect my clients personal information on the site. So I got a good ssl certificate for a small amount. Completely satisfied with me and my clients.
Re: How Can I Improve Site Security? by JPMehta: 6:47am On Jul 27, 2023
You can install SSL/TLS Certificates in your own site to improve your website security. SSL Certificates can secure communications between your website server and user's browser by encrypting data transmission between them. You should also use strong passwords for all your site's administrator account. Also implement 2FA for adding extra layer of security. Lastly do not forget to perform regular backup activity. This ensures you can easily recover your website data in case of any data breaches.
Re: How Can I Improve Site Security? by annashipman: 1:30pm On May 31
morningstar122:
How can I improve the security of my own site? Are there any other ways?​

If you have a website with your audience's private information, then purchasing an SSL Certificate from a trusted CA is necessary. SSL encrypts data between the server and the browser. I have one from https://certera.com, and it costs me around $3 a year. you can check out smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Stream Kodi To Chromecast From Android Or PC / Once In A Lifetime,intensive Fish Farming Training!!! / Belgian Woman Thought She Was A Chicken And Temporarily Behaved As One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.