Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,152 members, 7,977,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 04:51 AM

How To Watch And Pray - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Watch And Pray (493 Views)

October Is Pregnant! Pls Watch And Pray. / Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2020
We have been on the [ur=https://www.nairaland.com/3504125/jesus-coming-soon-thread-faithfull] watchers thread [/url] for over three years now and one of the lessons being on this thread has taught us is that we can never ever watch to catch God. Like saying that one will be watching the signs and at the nick of time one would just repent and pronto one is assured of heaven. It does not work that way. This is one of the lessons that we have learned from this thread.

To watch and pray is to stay in a situation or condition of perpetual and continual well doing

Matthew 25:33-46
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Your watch for the kingdom of God is in your patient continuance in well doing: this is being kind, empathetic and sympathetic, righteous, generous, patient and longsuffering, and showing mercy and kindness to all. God loves it when we have the power to be heavy handed by then we choose to be merciful and kind.
If you continue patiently in the ways of the LORD, then it is you he is coming for on the last day. This is your watch, and this is your prayer.

Everyone who patiently watches for the Lord’s coming by doing what he loves, that person will be rewarded with eternal life. These are the sheep.

Romans 2:7
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

But the contentions ones, the ones who have refused to obey the truth but obey unrighteousness, their punishment will be indignation and wrath. These are the goats

Romans 2:8-9
But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Tribulation and anguish,
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
So let us continue to watch and pray for the coming of Christ
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2020
Watch and pray
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2020
grin
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2020
Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 1:32am On Sep 09, 2020
Romans 2:7
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Hebrews 9:28
So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

We look for him in our deeds, by our patient continuance in well doing
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 3:57am On Oct 25, 2020
Joshua 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2020
Watch and pray
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
Come and eat meat. Fresh hot meat
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2020
Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2020
Watch and pray
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
Mathew 13:13-15
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2020
watch and pray
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 11:41pm On Mar 06, 2021
Watch and pray
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Exodus 34:6-7
And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2021
The premise of this thread is that we cannot watch to catch God. Like waiting at the nick of time to repent and ask God for forgiveness, it is a very laughable thought cool

Watching and praying is in your deeds and actions and guiding the thoughts of your heart

Matthew 25:44
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Matthew 25:45
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Your watching and praying is in your ceaseless, continuous, and unwavering well doing
Re: How To Watch And Pray by MrPresident1: 10:17am On Apr 15, 2021
Psalms 146:1-4
Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
2 While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

(1) (Reply)

"Your Virginity Is Not For Your Husband; No Man Deserves It" – Rev. Fr. Oluoma / I Hereby Convert To Islam / Bishop David Oyedepo 2021 Prophetic Declarations - Christiangospel TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.