Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,243 members, 7,947,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

....still On Celibacy... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ....still On Celibacy... (231 Views)

''celibacy Can't Get Me A Child And Husband.'' Linda Ikeji Gives More Explanatio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

....still On Celibacy... by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
Pls. Read--------

Lemme shake the table.

I'm Thinking of Sending A Bill to the National Assembly for consideration and for further approval.

This bill will be about Childbirth Control.

Personally, I know things are hard and difficult in this country and people find it hard to survive on this side of the world.

We live in a jungle-like environment. Our beast-like or lion-like heart within us is roaring/booing /crying for daily survival.

This question comes to mind that what is surviving on?

We are surviving on austere and hostility economy. We are surviving on the epileptic power supply, We survive on our ability and/or inability to cope with our shylock landlord/ tenants as the case may be, we survive on Inflation of foods and food products, we are surviving on, minuscule/miniature (income, wages, and salaries,) and/or crumpy bail-out from Npower Projects, etc.

We have perpetually thrown our predicament behind us and daily dress- up ourselves with pretentious raiment and unctuous Royal Apparel.
What a phony lifestyle!

And like a song by the late Afro-Legend, -" we resorted to Suffering and Smiling lifestyles"

Our survival is a jungle-like survival with all manner of preys and predators co-existence. Like roaring beasts and lions, who walketh about looking/seeking for who to devour (1Peter 5:cool

I wouldn't want to bother you will much of my rhetoric or my evanescence fugacious epistle, folks...

permit me to ossify and crystalize on this debatable points...

Mas/Sirs, Since we all know that we live in a critical and precarious environment where you were all forced to improvise for government inability to adequately provide our basic necessities. Folks, this big question comes to mind:/

1. Do we care enough for our child(ren) as we ought to?

2. That since we have understood the socio-economic situation of our society, that, is it conscientiously justifiable to keep producing more kids for society and also allow them to swim through the river of hostility and austerity that we swam through?

3. And that why can't we adopt marriage- without-children strategy like the western world has done to reduce or control childbirth.

Finally, why can't the government, various institutions, and individuals advocate for celibacy as another alternative to control childbirth?

We know that an average African has this sense of Ownership. (That is, I want to have my child and own them so that I can be cared for in my old age....)This was the mentality we inherited from our ancestors and since there are ages and times have passed, I wondering if this normative can be changed to achieve a better society you and I can be proud of...

In conclusion, we need to keep asking ourselves these salient questions;/
That since we are all fixative in continue in the path of our ancient landmark and /or our native normative, we need to know that our intention to get married or to have many more children comes with adequate and robust responsibilities if we are to be fair to these our unborn generation. Knowing fully well that the journey we were being made to embark on by our parents was daunting and stressful.
so, if we don't want to handover such precarious journey for them to keep on languishing in excruciating pain and struggles, how adequate have we prepared for them to live a safe and better environment?
Or are bringing them up. as only a tool to extort or /and exploit In our old age...

Food for thought...
Re: ....still On Celibacy... by scrolldown88: 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
I have always held the opinion, that child bearing is one of the most....no, the most self-centered act of humans.

Everybody wants to have a child of their own. It's so bleeped up and crazy. Whether rich or poor, having children is selfish. There's enough hardship and uncertainty in the world to go round.

If only the ability to chose whether to be, on not to be was given to us.

Re: ....still On Celibacy... by tobechi20(m): 12:47am On Jul 11, 2020
celibacy is different from raising children. one can fuccck without having kids

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Menial Job / 22 Parental Guides Against Ponorgraphy In The Lives Of Children / Mom And Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.