Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:52 AM

What’s Something Your Parents Did That Was Important For Your Development? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What’s Something Your Parents Did That Was Important For Your Development? (226 Views)

Things That Your Parents Did That You Swore Never To Repeat To Your Own Children / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Something Your Parents Did That Was Important For Your Development? by tobechi20(m): 12:40am On Jul 11, 2020
What’s something your parents did that you think was important for your development?
Re: What’s Something Your Parents Did That Was Important For Your Development? by tobechi20(m): 12:40am On Jul 11, 2020
Plus books. Oh! I fell in love with books cos while in Primary school, my dad made me read newspapers out loud to him.
I read all their old books.
It made me pass primary school in flying colours every term.

chukwuemeka
Re: What’s Something Your Parents Did That Was Important For Your Development? by tobechi20(m): 12:41am On Jul 11, 2020
My dad was very intentional about my cultivating a thirst for knowledge, a curiosity to understand how the world around me works. He inculcated it, and it stuck. These days, he worries that he overdid it, but I don't much care!

ukah
Re: What’s Something Your Parents Did That Was Important For Your Development? by tobechi20(m): 12:42am On Jul 11, 2020
stayed with different families growing up. As my mum had to run shifts at work. It made me see poverty and affluence up close. I can blend in any circle.

victor
Re: What’s Something Your Parents Did That Was Important For Your Development? by tobechi20(m): 12:42am On Jul 11, 2020
Contentment. I've never seen one so contented with the little they had. All they had was enough for them. And I am grateful to have learnt that from them.

chizzy
Re: What’s Something Your Parents Did That Was Important For Your Development? by Yustash001(m): 6:43am On Jul 11, 2020
School.. they sponsored me from primary till I graduated from University..

(1) (Reply)

Nnewi, Here I Come!!! | Finally Home 30 Days Later! / Depression Is Real / 10 Qualities Common In First Borns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.