Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,702 members, 7,979,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:31 AM

Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam (319 Views)

In My Final Year But Dam Its Not Really Easy / Have You Ever Allowed A Total Stranger Move In To live with You? / How To Do A Total Name Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam by Liesel81(f): 10:27am On Jul 11, 2020
If you have never been to Usuma dam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9zOCNQHhMA

1 Like

Re: Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam by jabolo(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
Nice presentation thanks.

If not intruding, can I get in touch to find out one or two things about the area?

Thanks once again ma'am.
Re: Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam by Liesel81(f): 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
thank you. you can ask your questions on the thread
Re: Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam by jabolo(m): 12:43am On Jul 12, 2020
Liesel81:
thank you. you can ask your questions on the thread

Understood.

From your profile, you've been to other tourist destinations.

What's your sense about the potential of this area to be comparable to those as an out of town destination of choice (transportation access, security, existing amenities etc)?

Or is it more likely going to be an 'off the beaten path' adventure for intrepids like yourself?

Thanks.
Re: Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam by Liesel81(f): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2020
@jabolo I believe it has a lot of potential but the right kind of development needs to be done. Meaning preserving the natural surroundings and getting a better understanding of what kind of wild life is available in the surroundings. And then promoting the knowledge of the surroundings as part of the package to visitors will give it the added touch required.

Controlled/regulated access as well as regular maintenance would also be of importance e.g. facilities like Lufasi and Afi Mountain Drill have done a good job of it

1 Like

Re: Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam by jabolo(m): 1:17am On Jul 13, 2020
Liesel81:
@jabolo I believe it has a lot of potential but the right kind of development needs to be done. Meaning preserving the natural surroundings and getting a better understanding of what kind of wild life is available in the surroundings. And then promoting the knowledge of the surroundings as part of the package to visitors will give it the added touch required.

Controlled/regulated access as well as regular maintenance would also be of importance e.g. facilities like Lufasi and Afi Mountain Drill have done a good job of it

Thanks for taking the time. The problem there is no single authority or organization with interest in tourism is responsible for the area.

It was allocated to the original FCT indigenes who have since parcelled them out to sell to outsiders.

I fear it will be allowed to develop haphazardly with encroachment into currently virgin areas.
Re: Total Relaxation At Usuma Dam by Liesel81(f): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2020
that is a pity

(1) (Reply)

Most Fertile Woman In Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Kids Before 40 Years(video) / Ad / 5 Generation Of Blessed Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.