Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,788 members, 7,879,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:19 PM

Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) (71322 Views)

Another Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by IkemChris(m): 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
Rest on miss Ngini.... Anytime I hear Ngini I always remember Engineering Drawing
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by sylve11: 12:03am On Jul 12, 2020
Journey well Chinenyewa........ sad cool
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by trippleKAY(m): 12:10am On Jul 12, 2020
Same thing happened to me in 2016, 3 months after my dads death. But God preserved my life, no be say I holy pass. It was a terrible experience I swear.
Rip swanky cry

3 Likes

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:23am On Jul 12, 2020
it could be us. RIP.
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by Buharidgeneral: 12:25am On Jul 12, 2020
Rest on sis

But some people are saying phone call
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by AuroraB(f): 12:31am On Jul 12, 2020
OkpaAkuEriEri:
My cousin sister people
Na nudo nwada nwa afor ala Igbo
...just say 'cousin' sad

1 Like

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by kennyclassic: 12:31am On Jul 12, 2020
Rest Well Dear. May God grant you eternal Rest
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by Kog45(m): 3:19am On Jul 12, 2020
GAS I don't use it and I will never.

I always remember how my old neighbor lost his entire family to gas explosion.

Oh it was that day we stopped using it and told my wife gas usage is forbidden in the house

Very horrible incident.

RIP beautiful woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by whirlwind7(m): 3:25am On Jul 12, 2020
dingbang:
LPG gas has a foul smell so one can easily notice leakage just from perceiving it.

Second.. Always change your gas supply hoses after some months.

Comment in bold is misleading. What even gave you that idea?
Except they are sabotaged, gas hoses can be in use for several years. They aren't kept outside to get exposed to the elements, so there is absolutely no reason why rubber hoses should be changed after a few months.

Only thing I'm wondering is how come she didn't perceive the smell of gas when she stepped into the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by Teejay13(m): 3:57am On Jul 12, 2020
Ah, this is disheartening.
Beautiful may your soul rest well!

And to the family, take heart.
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by ugofulfilled(m): 4:30am On Jul 12, 2020
magicminister:
Why do you share gory pics?
I mean, it’s not like her family don’t know where she’s at! Let’s respect people’s grieve

Stop acting like an ITK. Why did you open the thread; didn't you read the part that says "graphic Pictures"?
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by iswallker(m): 5:12am On Jul 12, 2020
Wasky101:
Who else stood up to turn off the gas valve after reading this.
Esu oni mu wa ooo
Satan no go catch us

Why leave it on in the first place

1 Like

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by iswallker(m): 5:15am On Jul 12, 2020
Kog45:
GAS I don't use it and I will never.

I always remember how my old neighbor lost his entire family to gas explosion.

Oh it was that day we stopped using it and told my wife gas usage is forbidden in the house

Very horrible incident.

RIP beautiful woman.

Kerosine exploded in someone's face many years back and resulted in severe burns on her neck and body.

Gas is the safest method of cooking.
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by dingbang(m): 6:42am On Jul 12, 2020
Some of us also have the habit of not turning off the gas knob on the cylinder after cooking. What we only do is to turn off the one on the gas cooker. Let's learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 6:44am On Jul 12, 2020
AuroraB:
...just say 'cousin' sad
ogbasara gi
Onye I too no
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by Fidelcashboy: 6:52am On Jul 12, 2020
jaybenugo:
IgbereTV reports that Miss Chinenyenwa Kosisochukwu Ngini, popularly known as Swanky was involved in a ghastly fire accident from a gas explosion at her residence in Awka on Thursday 25th June, 2020.

According to information IgbereTV obtained from Swanky's Uncle, Chuma Ngini, the accident occured when she tried to boil a little hot water for tea with her gas cylinder. Unknown to her, the gas cylinder was leaking in the night prior to the morning of the incident. As she bent down to ignite the fire that she will use to boil the little water in the kettle the gas cylinder immediately exploded damaging her body seriously.

Chuma said that Swanky didn't make any phone call near the gas cooker that caused the explosion as was erroneously posted by a Facebook user.

She was later rescued from the fire incident and rushed to the hospital by family and friends but she couldn't make it.

Swanky bravely fought for her life at the hospital but she finally gave up the ghost few hours later.

Swanky is from Amawbia in Anambra State.

Burial arrangements posted on Amawbia Arena Facebook Group reads:

https://www./467834710410784/permalink/873362709857980/?app=fbl

See her pictures and poster below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1357741/chinenyenwa-swanky-dies-gas-explosion-anambra-state-graphic-photos/
Rip dearie
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by MartinsD12(m): 6:56am On Jul 12, 2020
jaybenugo:
IgbereTV reports that Miss Chinenyenwa Kosisochukwu Ngini, popularly known as Swanky was involved in a ghastly fire accident from a gas explosion at her residence in Awka on Thursday 25th June, 2020.

According to information IgbereTV obtained from Swanky's Uncle, Chuma Ngini, the accident occured when she tried to boil a little hot water for tea with her gas cylinder. Unknown to her, the gas cylinder was leaking in the night prior to the morning of the incident. As she bent down to ignite the fire that she will use to boil the little water in the kettle the gas cylinder immediately exploded damaging her body seriously.

Chuma said that Swanky didn't make any phone call near the gas cooker that caused the explosion as was erroneously posted by a Facebook user.

She was later rescued from the fire incident and rushed to the hospital by family and friends but she couldn't make it.

Swanky bravely fought for her life at the hospital but she finally gave up the ghost few hours later.

Swanky is from Amawbia in Anambra State.

Burial arrangements posted on Amawbia Arena Facebook Group reads:

https://www./467834710410784/permalink/873362709857980/?app=fbl

See her pictures and poster below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1357741/chinenyenwa-swanky-dies-gas-explosion-anambra-state-graphic-photos/
Gas cylinder is very dangerous and has been exploding and killing people anyhow, it's time to stop using cooking gas, get yourself a kerosene stove, for me nothing will make me use gas cylinder, rip to the lady its sad, why do gas cylinder always leak all the time killing people this thing is not safe even gas plant in nnewi explode the other time killing people there are other cases of gas plant killing people in different places in Nigeria. Gas is dangerous, boycott it totally.
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by nwanwaoge(m): 7:04am On Jul 12, 2020
dingbang:
LPG gas has a foul smell so one can easily notice leakage just from perceiving it.

Yea ..you are right, how about this theory that if it leaks for too long, it gets to a point Where your smell sense becomes saturated and you can no longer perceive the smell To be too bad anymore...

Same thing happens when we poo..ab initio....you perceive the strong smell...all of a sudden you don’t feel bad about the smell, because you think it no longer smells much while you are still seated there...but I bet you...the next person passing close to you while you are there, is already choking and gasping for air due to what you are doing in there...

This happens in some aero planes as well.

So while she was asleep...this happened.

2 Likes

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by mctfopt: 7:08am On Jul 12, 2020
RIP young lady.

Rule of engagement with gas is not to strike a match or turn the knob (for auto light gas stove) if you smell gas. Leaking gas has a peculiar easy to identify smell. Once you perceive it, air out location and look for source of leakage. Only attempt to use when source of leak is fixed and you can no longer perceive the smell of the leaking gas. Cooking gas is quite safe to use if we only apply the basic precaution.

Safety checks include:

1) Buy premium gas regulator, yes they are sometimes twice the cost of the cheapo in the market.

2) Buy premium gas cylinder.

3) Do not overfill your gas cylinder. Buy gas from standard gas filling stations.

4) Use premium hose and check for leaks every quarter.

5) If you have space (and gas is not camp gas) make sure that the cylinder is like 2m or at least one meter away from the burner.

6) Be always aware of the smell of leaking gas, it is pungent and kind of hard to miss.

My condolences to the family and friends of the lady.

1 Like

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by mctfopt: 7:10am On Jul 12, 2020
nwanwaoge:

Yea ..you are right, how about this theory that if it leaks for too long, it gets to a point Where your smell sense becomes saturated and you can no longer perceive the smell To be too bad anymore...

Same thing happens when we poo..ab initio....you perceive the strong smell...all of a sudden you don’t feel bad about the smell, because you think it no longer smells much while you are still seated there...but I bet you...the next person passing close to you while you are there, is already choking and gasping for air due to what you are doing in there...

If you know how dangerous gas fire can be, once you perceive it. Take the cylinder outside and air out location. No matter how long a leak has lasted, it is super hard to just get used to it. At least to me I can never get used to smell of a leaking gas.
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by mctfopt: 7:11am On Jul 12, 2020
MartinsD12:

Gas cylinder is very dangerous and has been exploding and killing people anyhow, it's time to stop using cooking gas, get yourself a kerosene stove, for me nothing will make me use gas cylinder, rip to the lady its sad, why do gas cylinder always leak all the time killing people this thing is not safe even gas plant in nnewi explode the other time killing people there are other cases of gas plant killing people in different places in Nigeria. Gas is dangerous, boycott it totally.

To each his own. Nothing will make me use kerosene stove if I can get cooking gas. I prefer my energy clean and my eyes clear and not bombarded by smoke from kerosene stove.

1 Like

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by mctfopt: 7:13am On Jul 12, 2020
iswallker:

Kerosine exploded in someone's face many years back and resulted in severe burns on her neck and body.

Gas is the safest method of cooking.

I 100% agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by dingbang(m): 7:13am On Jul 12, 2020
nwanwaoge:

quite some truth in this cool cool

1 Like

Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by freemi(m): 7:37am On Jul 12, 2020
dingbang:

or avoid using gas
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by freemi(m): 7:40am On Jul 12, 2020
mctfopt:

To each his own. Nothing will make me use kerosene stove if I can get cooking gas. I prefer my energy clean and my eyes clear and not bombarded by smoke from kerosene stove.
maybe u use d cheapest of stoves
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by dingbang(m): 7:42am On Jul 12, 2020
freemi:
or avoid using gas
so what will I use? Charcoal ba? Seek wisdom.
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by freemi(m): 7:44am On Jul 12, 2020
dingbang:
so what will I use? Charcoal ba? Seek wisdom.
lols. Use better kerosine stove.
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by dingbang(m): 7:50am On Jul 12, 2020
freemi:
lols. Use better kerosine stove.
but bros, haba. You sef....
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by Nyenatetan(m): 8:26am On Jul 12, 2020
May her gentle soul rest in the bosom of the Lord,Amen ������

Nevertheless brethren let's be cautious around anything that deals with gas. once again R.I.P to her
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by Wasky101: 8:31am On Jul 12, 2020
iswallker:

Why leave it on in the first place
Because naso we dey roll all this years
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by AuroraB(f): 8:41am On Jul 12, 2020
OkpaAkuEriEri:
ogbasara gi
Onye I too no
'Know'
Ogbasara'm undecided
Re: Chinenyenwa Swanky Dies From Gas Explosion In Anambra state (Graphic Photos) by SocialJustice: 9:16am On Jul 12, 2020
Even the discomfort in a Nigerian hospital can add to killing a trauma patient.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

35 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 442, 152 Discharged,13 deaths / Please,what Is Black Seed Oil Called In Yoruba? Where Can I Get It In Lagos. / 220 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2388. 385 discharged. 85 deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.