Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,080 members, 7,949,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:39 PM

See How To Prepare Delicious Fried Rice At Home? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See How To Prepare Delicious Fried Rice At Home? (669 Views)

See How To Make An Easy And Delicious Fried Rice Meal (pics & Video) / Eat Healthy! How I Prepare Delicious Nigerian Vegetable Salad, (photos,video) / Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See How To Prepare Delicious Fried Rice At Home? by 5Ebiscoo: 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2020
My love for fried rice made me put this up here, so that every lover of fried rice can benefit from it and also learn how to cook delicious fried rice in their various homes, actually I don’t like to eat fried rice at parties because I don’t love the way they go about the Preparation and it doesn’t give me the desired taste I want, I ate fried rice at one party years back it has no taste at all, I was like what kind of fried rice is this, that’s why I love to prepare my fried rice at home and I get what I want.

3 Things that make up good fried rice.

• The color

• The vegetables

• The taste.

Note: you can only Enjoy your party fried rice when it’s only served amidst 20-25 people only in my own opinion because to properly cook friend rice you need to make it in batches that can feed 7-8 people. If you have to do it more than 3 times it will wear you out. As it is aptly named you fry the rice. The vegetables cooked with fried rice cannot withstand the kind of heat that is needed to cook rice in bulk for a big party. Get all your recipes.

After getting all the necessary ingredients ready for the fried rice, now I think we can proceed to how we are going to cook the fried rice.

You definitely have quite a lot of work to do, so let’s start by chopping all the veggies and set aside. As for the Ata Rodo (scotch bonnet/ habanero pepper) chop finely.

Season and boil the chicken with salt, seasoning cubes, curry, dried Thyme, chopped onions. To create a stock from the chicken, don’t make a mistake of using lots of water at the beginning. You need 1 cup of water at a start, to allow the chicken juices and oils to leach out and cook the chicken which intensifies the flavor and creates a very rich stock. Decant this initial stock and then add 2-3 cups of water, re-season all over again as with the first sentence to get a more diluted stock.

3.while pre-boiling the rice, combine the initial stock that was decanted with the latter stock in a pot. This should give you a brown stock with a green hue. You should also see the oil floating on the top, as soon as you have washed the pre-boiled rice, pour it into the pot. Stir and add water to just about cover the rice. Stir and add salt or seasoning cubes if necessary let this cook till most of the stock is dry. The rice should still feel slippery though, so watch it closely. This step basically creates curried rice.

Now to fry the veggies. There is a system to this and you have to start based on the density of the ingredients. Carrots are pretty firm and they take longer to cook, shrimp Cooks in minutes, peas cook in seconds and lose their shape when overcooked, green beans cook for longer and still retain their shape (but cook them too long and the color changes to a yucky brown) the liver/kidney have already been cooked. So, you start based on what Cooks the longest and you end with what Cooks the shortest.

In a large well-coated pot that will not burn. (Aluminum or stainless steel) heat up a cooking spoon of olive oil, stir in ½ a teaspoon of curry, white pepper, and dried thyme. Kitchen Tip: Frying spices intensifies the flavour add the chopped carrots and green beans. Shake the pan instead of tossing with a spoon that will squash the ingredients. Let this fry for a minute or two then add chopped liver, chopped salad, onions, and Ata Rodo let this fry for some minutes, then add the raw shrimp, a pinch of salt, and half a seasoning Cube.

Kitchen Tip: This is the reason why I love this technique of preparing fried rice. You season the vegetables, so when you bite into it, you don’t get a bland taste. You add the salt and seasoning Cube at this point because the ingredients you have fried previously will be soft enough to absorb it. Then you add the peas to finish off. Now you have curried rice and fried mixed vegetables, it is time to create a beautiful union.

Using Another Pot: Take scoops of the curried rice and the fried vegetable in a ratio of 3:1 and fry till it properly combines. Decant into a big bowl or pot. Make another batch, if you are making this for a small party in your home, to save time, double or triple this ratio. Don’t go more than triple though. Make as many batches, until you have completely exhausted both the rice and the mixed egg.

You will now be left with a thick sludge of oil in the pot you fried the mixed veg in. Pour over the remnant oil on the fried rice, make a final stir and turn the heat down to very low. Cover the pot and let this will steam for 3-5 minute and you are done.

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/see-how-to-prepare-delicious-fried-rice-at-home/

Re: See How To Prepare Delicious Fried Rice At Home? by Nedlog01(m): 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.
It's for those in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Is SALT Necessary/must In Cooking YES Or NO / 3 Ways To Make Pounded Yam Without A Mortar / How To Make Moi Moi (2 Ways To Prepare Tasty Moi Moi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.